Post Match West Ham 4 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't go on with Tielemans and Maddison in the same side unless one of them is going to be more dynamic / box to box. It's time for Soumare to come in alongside Ndidi to do that role and for tielemans and maddison to battle it out for central playmaker. Having both just means we get bullied in midfield by sides with more legs.
God KNOWS what we do on the right hand side. Maybe it's Castagne at RB and Ricardo right wing for now. Which is harsh on Albrighton and assumes that Daka will play central or nowhere.

We can't go on with Tielemans and Maddison in the same side unless one of them is going to be more dynamic / box to box. It's time for Soumare to come in alongside Ndidi to do that role and for tielemans and maddison to battle it out for central playmaker. Having both just means we get bullied in midfield by sides with more legs.
God KNOWS what we do on the right hand side. Maybe it's Castagne at RB and Ricardo right wing for now. Which is harsh on Albrighton and assumes that Daka will play central or nowhere.
Incredibly, dropping Maddison or Tielemans is the least insane thing you’ve said the last few weeks

It’s still batshit but there you go

Yep, and after the evidence of yesterday in which Maddison and Tielemans didn't have the legs to deal with a top sides movement or cause them any serious threat i've changed my mind, and wouldn't play them in the same midfield 3, 4 or 5 for the upcoming games.
Soucek and Rice had them sewn up and you can imagine others cottoning on to that quite easily.
Fair enough opinion.

Yep, and after the evidence of yesterday in which Maddison and Tielemans didn't have the legs to deal with a top sides movement or cause them any serious threat i've changed my mind, and wouldn't play them in the same midfield 3, 4 or 5 for the upcoming games.
Soucek and Rice had them sewn up and you can imagine others cottoning on to that quite easily.
Fair enough opinion.
Yesterday they didn't have the backing of Ndidi or Barnes. Tielemans was also ****ing awful. Judging anything from that game is impossible. As BN says, the senior players didn't step up at all. It was all so lazy and so sloppy.

Because we have no way of creating anything down the right and Ricardo gives the ball away so often, teams crowd Barnes out by putting 2 or 3 players on him whenever he gets the ball. Unless we use Iheanacho to hold the ball and bring the midfield in to play we have no creativity at all.

I suppose the big question is actually why did most of our players look like utter shite in the 2nd game of the season?

Looked to be a distinct lack of belief or ability, which is absurd.

I suppose the big question is actually why did most of our players look like utter shite in the 2nd game of the season?

Looked to be a distinct lack of belief or ability, which is absurd.

We played west ham twice last season and know exactly what to expect from them. I can understand the players having no belief when we were sticking to our passing across the back style of play.

Yep our big players didn't turn up. Let's not get carried away though, we have some class players and we will recover though we might have to settle for a 7/8th placed finish this season.

I'm willing to draw it up as a bad day compounded by injury issues.
Yes, I’m inclined to agree. If Soumare was fit this game looked tailor made for him.

We were made to look stupid in midfield and bar about six minutes at the start, were ****ing clueless.

Schmeichel has to take a large proportion of blame fir the first goal in my opinion.

Yes, I’m inclined to agree. If Soumare was fit this game looked tailor made for him.

We were made to look stupid in midfield and bar about six minutes at the start, were ****ing clueless.

Schmeichel has to take a large proportion of blame fir the first goal in my opinion.
It was a horrific touch from Vardy that was more to blame imo.

...Perez would have been slaughtered for that touch (rightly).
He didn't cover himself in glory with his control just prior to being sent off. Mind you he was under a lot of pressure as soon as the ball got to him...who was it who passed to him with a West Ham player already on his back?

He didn't cover himself in glory with his control just prior to being sent off. Mind you he was under a lot of pressure as soon as the ball got to him...who was it who passed to him with a West Ham player already on his back?
I mentioned in the match thread that the West Ham strategy was dead simple and effective:

Cut off the wide channels, sit off the CB's and force them to play the ball through the middle. As soon as they do attack the first touch of the player receiving the ball. It worked an absolute treat and was so effective it got one of our players sent off.

I mentioned in the match thread that the West Ham strategy was dead simple and effective:

Cut off the wide channels, sit off the CB's and force them to play the ball through the middle. As soon as they do attack the first touch of the player receiving the ball. It worked an absolute treat and was so effective it got one of our players sent off.
Absolutely correct. And I think it was probably more specific than that. I think they actually dissuaded Söyüncü from being the one who played the ball forward and put the pressure on the weaker Amartey to do so. A well thought out tactic which worked a treat for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566