Post Match West Ham 4 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a pretty intelligent piece by Blackwell. He's really improving as a journalist in my view and is miles better than Tanner.

And this is exactly what I've been saying about Perez. We can all see that we could do with a better right winger but the absolute rattle shaking, foot stamping horse shit that gets spouted about him week in week out is nonsense of the highest order.

He's under the most powerful of microscopes every time he steps onto the pitch unlike any other player we have. He's not Mahrez; he's not even in the same stratosphere but he's also not Josh Low.

Yeah but he is pretty shit.

Always the weak link in the team.

Unless Thomas is also playing.

Yeah but he is pretty shit.

Always the weak link in the team.

Unless Thomas is also playing.
Sorry that’s just not true. Maddison is often anonymous as are other players quite regularly but, hey, we all need a fall-guy don’t we?

Harsh. Amartey.
Ture.

Forgot about Dan and I'd much prefer to have Thomas in the team long term rather than big Dan.

Thomas has promise but I think he is still short of the standard we require if we want to get in Europe again.

Sorry that’s just not true. Maddison is often anonymous as are other players quite regularly but, hey, we all need a fall-guy don’t we?
No one is a 'fall-guy' but it's fairly obvious Perez is the weak link in our regular team.

I've never been a fan of him playing out wide as its not really his position and for 95% of games, he's contributed nothing to the game there.

No one is a 'fall-guy' but it's fairly obvious Perez is the weak link in our regular team.

I've never been a fan of him playing out wide as its not really his position and for 95% of games, he's contributed nothing to the game there.
Well that’s kinda the point. If he is out of position then we can’t expect the best from him but I’m fairly sure that he’s being played for reasons that perhaps are not obvious to most. A bit like Shinji.

Dan has been better than bombscare Soyuncu so fat this season.

The whole team must be shit.

Thomas was the best player on the pitch for us on Monday, not saying much but just unnecessary to pick him out as 2nd worse player.

Whether he's a weaker link than others is up for debate. What isn't, is the fact that the criticism of him has been massively over the top. Blackwell has got it right in the article BN posted.

He's not a winger and is being shoehorned into that position because, frankly, he's no better or worse than anyone else there. He's made some daft mistakes and he's a top dollar dickhead for his antics during lockdown but both of those statements can be attributed to other members of the squad facing far less criticism than him.

We all want a better RW. It doesn't mean that Perez is useless. He is exactly the type of squad player most clubs would like to have. Unfortunately for him, he's having to be played in every game in a position he shouldn't be playing in because, as good as our recruitment is, we have done the square root of **** all to address the massive, chasmesque hole on our right hand side.

We don't really play Perez as a winger though. Sure he is put there in the pictures of the lineup but that just because people like it to look symmetrical. In reality he spends most of the time very narrow in and around the area that is supposed to be his best anyway. When he has had opportunity to play as a 10 or a striker he has rarely looked capable.

Wherever he is playing he regularly spends too long on the ball and gets dispossessed, he doesn't decide what to do quickly enough, and if he does try to do something it rarely works. He doesn't create nearly enough chances, he doesn't threaten to score enough and he doesn't work defenders. When he gets the ball it is more likely to be the end of an attack than lead to an opportunity, and he is certainly isn't picked for his defensive qualities.

Is it his fault he isn't good enough? Possibly not but it is very understandable that fans are frustrated that he gets so much game time while contributing so little.

He’s shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570