What Are You Listening To Now?

Val Doonican - Walk Tall

Sorry to the former cardigan wearing rocking chair inhabitant, but that's the only one of his I have. RIP.

I actually like Val Doonican. Really.

Anyhow, now listening to (Johnny Thunders and) The Heartbreakers January 1976 demos. Playing Heartbrakers and Richard Hell songs with plenty of energy and life. I'm still trying to find the Stiff EP version of 'Blank Generation' somewhere with no luck.

George Best.

Yes, I've actually bought an actual CD. I've had the original Wedding Present LP since the week it came out and have got used to the muddy vinyl sound. I'm now listening to the 'remastered' version with clarity and hearing things I've not really noticed before.

Perhaps I'm actually listening to it now as opposed to just jumping around the room with arms flailing about madly.

George Best.

Yes, I've actually bought an actual CD. I've had the original Wedding Present LP since the week it came out and have got used to the muddy vinyl sound. I'm now listening to the 'remastered' version with clarity and hearing things I've not really noticed before.

Perhaps I'm actually listening to it now as opposed to just jumping around the room with arms flailing about madly.

I'm at the point of thinking I need to buy them on download. I converted the vinyl years ago and it's all barely audible, especially Seamonsters.

Star turn on 45 Pints type thing?

Fantastic!

The wife just asked me to play three songs with a good 'solo'.

I'm more into a good riff than a solo - often don't notice them but I've come up with (in 60 seconds) :

Richard Hell - Blank Generation (brilliance by Robert Quinne)
The Revelons - Red Hot Woman (just listen to that! The wife will hate it)
The The - Uncertain Smile (brilliance by Jools Holland)

So the wife hits back.

'That's NOT a guitar solo!' (The Revelons) she says. Pah.

Songwise, she counteracts with:

Rod Stewart - I was only joking (two solos)
Squeeze - Pulling Muscles (even more Jools)
Velvet Underground - Pale Blue Eyes (Stunning stuff from Lou Reed). - I'll give her that. Exquisite.

Anyway, I'll go and try to listen to the all important Pre-Season friendly Leicester-Lincoln game now.

Right, sad old bloke at a computer with sad old electric bass playing along to The Teenage Fanclub LP 'Grand Prix'.
A strangely brilliant album (for grown-up people).
Messrs Blake, Love, & McGinley haven't been teenagers for 30 odd yrs. Neither have I.

I agree jb, I agree.
Teenage Fanclub, in my opinion, have released a series of fantastic albums interspersed with not-so-good ones. Thirteen, Howdy, and Shadows were nowhere near as good as the others.

Wow!
Thanks Motown. When I was very young I had access to Rockin' Goose on 7" and would get my mother to play it regularly. It sounded better than it does on the you-tube thing you posted.

Love it.

Sorry Motown, your you-tube Rockin Goose does sound good - now that I've re-configured my sound settings!

Fine.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00
9Fulham00