What are you looking forward to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday's NFL results

(Ladbrokes made an error on their website on Friday, might be an interesting evening :))

If Ladbrokes deem it an 'obvious error', it might not be as interesting an evening as many hope.

If Ladbrokes deem it an 'obvious error', it might not be as interesting an evening as many hope.

My friend bets on NFL using the handicaps bet and I occasionally do the same (i.e. they give a points headstart to the favoured team and therefore make the odds just under evens - generally 10/11 for each team to win). He noticed the other day that they'd put the handicap bets on their website but without any points applied. He put a bet on and then rang me and I put 2 bets on. 20 munutes later they changed the bets to include the points headstart on each bet.

The bets are still showing as live on my account so I'm hoping they are going to be honoured as I was worried about the point you make above. What do you reckon?

Basically at the moment I've got 2 accumulator bets on heavily favoured teams with no points disadvantage applied and odds of 10/11 on each team. If they are allowed to stand (and obviously if the teams win :icon_wink), 2 small stakes will return 2 large wins :)

My friend bets on NFL using the handicaps bet and I occasionally do the same (i.e. they give a points headstart to the favoured team and therefore make the odds just under evens - generally 10/11 for each team to win). He noticed the other day that they'd put the handicap bets on their website but without any points applied. He put a bet on and then rang me and I put 2 bets on. 20 munutes later they changed the bets to include the points headstart on each bet.

The bets are still showing as live on my account so I'm hoping they are going to be honoured as I was worried about the point you make above. What do you reckon?

Basically at the moment I've got 2 accumulator bets on heavily favoured teams with no points disadvantage applied and odds of 10/11 on each team. If they are allowed to stand (and obviously if the teams win :icon_wink), 2 small stakes will return 2 large wins :)

I think it will largely depend on their liability. If your mate, and anybody else who noticed it, rang lots of their mates and each of them rang a lot more mates - then they might be down too much to allow it to run as a goodwill gesture. The fact that the bet is still live on your account is encouraging. However if you have a large number of selections in each of your accumulators, they might just decide you were aware of the mistake and were taking the pi... eeerrr... advantage.

Either way, be sure to let us know what happens.

Last edited:

Sorry if that wasn't clear what I was asking.

In these circumstances, what is your opinion on the chances of my bet standing?

Sorry if that wasn't clear what I was asking.

In these circumstances, what is your opinion on the chances of my bet standing?

I think it will largely depend on their liability. If your mate, and anybody else who noticed it, rang lots of their mates and each of them rang a lot more mates - then they might be down too much to allow it to run as a goodwill gesture. The fact that the bet is still live on your account is encouraging. However if you have a large number of selections in each of your accumulators, they might just decide you were aware of the mistake and were taking the pi... eeerrr... advantage.

Either way, be sure to let us know what happens.

Thats Bocs answer:102:

Imo they should let the bet stand. If you put a silly bet on and then tried to claim that you had made a mistake, would they refund it:102:

Cheers for the responses guys, feel a bit more confident with other people basically thinking the same as me

I'll let you know how I get on later, they're all what you would normally think of as safe bets but as there's no such thing then I'll just hope that they come in at this stage rather than get over-confident :)

Hot air balloon trip :icon_bigg
Subject to the weather of course :icon_sad:

The big three O tomorrow. Been a tough weekend celebrating so far.

59½ on Wednesday. When you're almost 59½, you'll realise how small the big three O really is. :icon_wink

Enjoy your day!

59½ on Wednesday. When you're almost 59½, you'll realise how small the big three O really is. :icon_wink

Enjoy your day!

I have a number of friends who moan and worry about getting old. It's never been something I'm bothered about. Only 29 and a half years to go though.

18 tomorrow. Celebrating too hard?

Nope, I'm a teetotaler and I don't think that will change tomorrow. I just thought of all nice things people would say about me! "He was an incredibly warm and loving young boy, sad to see him go this early etc etc etc"

Last edited:
Update time for Boc & Brauny

The 1st round of matches all came in for me and 49ers are 21-0 up against a diabolical Rams team so that one's sorted

I'm now basically waiting on the Dallas result

Without it I've already won about £500, with it I'll win about another £900 :icon_eek:

They've already paid out on one bet so they're obviously honouring the bets :)

Update time for Boc & Brauny

The 1st round of matches all came in for me and 49ers are 21-0 up against a diabolical Rams team so that one's sorted

I'm now basically waiting on the Dallas result

Without it I've already won about £500, with it I'll win about another £900 :icon_eek:

They've already paid out on one bet so they're obviously honouring the bets :)
Drop a line here before the games start next time it happens and I promise to add you as a TalkingBalls friend.

Not sure whether you've seen the earlier posts in this thread but it's all to do with a mistake on Ladbrokes website, sadly not due to some unbeatable theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669