What do you love about your club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just love my hometown club. If I lived in Weymouth I'd support them, etc. My hometown = my club. Simp.

I just love my hometown club. If I lived in Weymouth I'd support them, etc. My hometown = my club. Simp.

I feel chastened. I shall start supporting Maynooth Town FC, Currently top of Sunday Major Division 1 of the Leinster Senior League.

I've only just discovered they have a website, which led to some timewasting. I've also discovered there is a "Leicester Celtic" in Saturday Division 3A of the Leinster League, named after Leicester Avenue in Rathgar.

Leicester aren't my hometown club. I was brought up in a village in South Leicestershire, so the local village team are my hometown club I guess. I only support Leicester because my dad supported them.

Last edited:
I think it's vintage TB that a thread asking what is great about the club was met with...

"Well...here are all the shit things about the club."

As for Hometown Clubs...how are Lutterworth Town these days?

Last edited:
Same old, same old.

Are Houghton Rangers still knocking about? My dad managed them in their better years. I heard it all went south though.

Yeah they're in the District premier division

Lutterworth are in the Senior league division 1 (there is a premier division above that) which, given that most of the decent teams have moved to other leagues, isn't as good a league as it used to be

My original reply was slightly tongue in cheek though, given that you'd complained that all answers were about how shit things were :icon_wink

My club? Who? Where am I?

parking on Saffron Lane and having yer side windows done by some skag-head ned who steals your cd player

You didn't read his little tirade on Twitter then? I was going to reply to him and tell him not to take the internet so seriously, but I've since discovered he unfollowed me, and now I'm too upset to write.

Well, hows about posting a link so that we can all laugh at him?

What do you love about your club? The answer, page after page of moans!

I am sure that I am really speaking for us all, when I answer with

EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!

No? I am amazed. :102:

I am sure that I am really speaking for us all, when I answer with

EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!

No? I am amazed. :102:
Don't get me wrong, OF, I wouldn't stop going if you paid me seven figures, but if the club disappeared tomorrow there are many things I won't miss. The most prominent and irritating of these is, sadly, the majority of City fans. Another is Mr Mandaric.

I think it's vintage TB that a thread asking what is great about the club was met with...

"Well...here are all the shit things about the club."

When some unknown poster comes on here for the sake of some little blog, he will get that kind of reaction

if it was a regular poster who I respected I'd give much more serious responses

I was like that with David Martin. Only I don't ever remember him doing anything good. I think I only saw him play for us twice or three times though. He was rubbish.

I hope he googles his name and finds this... David Martin, you are rubbish.

Anyone who thinks David Martin is rubbish should have seen Spider Kalac against Bolton. What a pity there was no You Tube then,.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669