What happened to Innocent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
libel my arse

and welcome back Innocent or whatever log in you're now using

and they say old people rant on a bit eh?

For those who haven't got a clue <ahem> Jeff decided to have a really personal go at me on Saturday night. The exchange of views, if we want to call them that, degenerated into Jeff at first getting at one of my books, then at me as a person, at my lack of knowledge about football in general, then deciding that I was drunk, and calling me drunk. It became very personal and nasty, and not at all in the free spirit of this joshing board. Jeff was clearly having a bad night.

So, I asked how I could contact the forum to complain, as some of the stuff he'd posted was clearly very personal, very spiteful and possibly libellous. There was nothing funny in it at all. He evidently knew who I am in RL, and had stepped out of the internet etiquette to attack me in person. Fortunately, he's deleted the entire series of posts.

Swede Fox told me to report the offensive posts, which I did. There were 5 of them. Apparently, if you report posts like this, repeatedly, it messes up the server, and the entire system goes down if, as I do, you have a dedicated IP line ( which incidentally costs shed loads of money)

So, in effect, my Reports screwed the connection, and I couldn't get back on board. I was effectively, although not deliberately, banned. So I had to get on to some of my mates, to alert the board to my problem.

They are NOT me. One (Wazza) lives in Cornwall. The other was the mum I'd spoken up for in court (Justice). My son, and many many others, including LLKA were standing in the wings in case the emergency team didn't manage to get my status up and running again.

Thanks to Wazza and Justice. As you say, Jeff, I don't post here very often. But when I do, please don't get up close and personal. It's not big and it's not clever.

Joe_Fox, and Malf, and I, were here long before most of you, doing the funnies, sharing the meeja laffs, totally comfortable.

I hesitate to say it's gone downhill, as 'pandas in the drive' was my all time fave, and as I've said, has been emailed across the world by me. And I've loved the Beagleholes.

But when Moderators decide not only to take themselves too seriously, but also to hurt and condescend deliberately and in a bullying way, then us women begin to believe in stereotypes of male aggression. And I've never allowed myself to think like that, even in the bullring of Central Weekend, and don't want to start now. I have to consider the more pressing issue of getting my skin ironed.

For those who haven't got a clue <ahem> Jeff decided to have a really personal go at me on Saturday night. The exchange of views, if we want to call them that, degenerated into Jeff at first getting at one of my books, then at me as a person, at my lack of knowledge about football in general, then deciding that I was drunk, and calling me drunk. It became very personal and nasty, and not at all in the free spirit of this joshing board. Jeff was clearly having a bad night.

:icon_roll

I didn't have a go at your book, I've never read anything of yours.
I didn't have a go at you as a person, it was the kind of banter that goes on here all the time. You took something seriously that was light hearted and not meant to be offensive. How many times do I have to repeat that?

Last edited:
He evidently knew who I am in RL, and had stepped out of the internet etiquette to attack me in person. Fortunately, he's deleted the entire series of posts.

I didn't have a clue who you are. You previously mentioned a book you'd written, so it was easy for anyone to find out your name. But as far as I know I have never heard, seen or read anything you've done outside this forum.

I didn't delete the posts, I moved them to somewhere more appropriate than the LCFC forum.

Swede Fox told me to report the offensive posts, which I did. There were 5 of them.

You reported six posts in a couple of minutes, most of which didn't even remotely deserve a complaint.

Apparently, if you report posts like this, repeatedly, it messes up the server, and the entire system goes down if, as I do, you have a dedicated IP line ( which incidentally costs shed loads of money)

You've made all of that up.

If you read this thread you'll find out what really happened.

:icon_roll

I didn't have a go at your book, I've never read anything of yours.
I didn't have a go at you as a person, it was the kind of banter that goes on here all the time. You took something seriously that light hearted and not meant to be offensive. How many times do I have to repeat that?

Until I believe it.

You weren't bantering.

You were in a bad/spiteful mood. And you did mention one of my 14 books in a defamatory way, and yes, it was clear that you hadn't read it.

Jeff, I have an eidetic memory. Copy and paste. I dare you. :)

Now, I'm going to walk away from this, because you're boring the wrinkles out of me. I CBAed.

get a room you two, you've obviously got too much spare energy/time....

Sorry you feel like that. Would you like me to book you a sex worker? :)
You shouldn't be doing this on your own, habitually.

[posh, stuck-up voice] That may be considered as potentially libellous don't you know.....[/posh, stuck-up voice]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669