What happened to Innocent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Swede Fox told me to report the offensive posts, which I did.

eeerrr... no! Swede Fox told you how to report a post - quite a different thing. Is it the journalist in you that leads you to spin the facts in this way?

And why do you not point out that Jeff also gave you the information that you had requested?

You may feel that your confrontative nature and disingenuous commentary serves you well in other of your life but on Talking Balls, where the whole of the dialogue is available for review, people will make up their own minds.

Steven

This message board has become unpleasant.

That's very sad.

:(

No-one will remember this a week or two. Fights happen amongst groups of people and it does not necessarily make those involved bad people. :icon_wink

Biffa Bacon

This message board has become unpleasant.

That's very sad.

:(

The unpleasantness seems to have been mainly generated by you taking offense at comments which would appear totally consistent with the content of this site, if you don't like it you don't have to come on here.

Playing the 'I'm being bullied because I'm a woman' card is totally spurious and I'd suggest you get propper legal advice before accusing people of libel.

Boy Genius

Banned
The unpleasantness seems to have been mainly generated by you taking offense at comments which would appear totally consistent with the content of this site, if you don't like it you don't have to come on here.

Playing the 'I'm being bullied because I'm a woman' card is totally spurious and I'd suggest you get propper legal advice before accusing people of libel.

Hark at Rumpole.......

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
For those who haven't got a clue <ahem> Jeff decided to have a really personal go at me on Saturday night. The exchange of views, if we want to call them that, degenerated into Jeff at first getting at one of my books, then at me as a person, at my lack of knowledge about football in general, then deciding that I was drunk, and calling me drunk. It became very personal and nasty, and not at all in the free spirit of this joshing board. Jeff was clearly having a bad night.

So, I asked how I could contact the forum to complain, as some of the stuff he'd posted was clearly very personal, very spiteful and possibly libellous. There was nothing funny in it at all. He evidently knew who I am in RL, and had stepped out of the internet etiquette to attack me in person. Fortunately, he's deleted the entire series of posts.

Swede Fox told me to report the offensive posts, which I did. There were 5 of them. Apparently, if you report posts like this, repeatedly, it messes up the server, and the entire system goes down if, as I do, you have a dedicated IP line ( which incidentally costs shed loads of money)

So, in effect, my Reports screwed the connection, and I couldn't get back on board. I was effectively, although not deliberately, banned. So I had to get on to some of my mates, to alert the board to my problem.

They are NOT me. One (Wazza) lives in Cornwall. The other was the mum I'd spoken up for in court (Justice). My son, and many many others, including LLKA were standing in the wings in case the emergency team didn't manage to get my status up and running again.

Thanks to Wazza and Justice. As you say, Jeff, I don't post here very often. But when I do, please don't get up close and personal. It's not big and it's not clever.

Joe_Fox, and Malf, and I, were here long before most of you, doing the funnies, sharing the meeja laffs, totally comfortable.

I hesitate to say it's gone downhill, as 'pandas in the drive' was my all time fave, and as I've said, has been emailed across the world by me. And I've loved the Beagleholes.

But when Moderators decide not only to take themselves too seriously, but also to hurt and condescend deliberately and in a bullying way, then us women begin to believe in stereotypes of male aggression. And I've never allowed myself to think like that, even in the bullring of Central Weekend, and don't want to start now. I have to consider the more pressing issue of getting my skin ironed.

Get over yourself.

p d s

Anybody know she wrote books :102:

Fecking hell how many times do they need to be mentioned, better advertising than a T.V. commercial. :015:

homer

Anybody know she wrote books :102:

Fecking hell how many times do they need to be mentioned, better advertising than a T.V. commercial. :015:

Especially if that commercial was aired in the middle of a 'Central Weekend' programme - as no cnut in their right mind would watch that pile of shite in a squillion years, the duffers they had on it.........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670