What have you achieved today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Says the man who supports the principle of the 11 plus :102:

I benefited from it rather than support it. :icon_wink

I also benefited from a student grant and having all my fees paid and would support these again rather than having students pay for their Uni education. :icon_wink

Perhaps Steven was sixteen when he took his 11 plus?

I was 11 and had no idea of the importance of taking the test. Indeed I had finished with about 10 mins left and the Headmaster at the time was going potty because I had all this time left over. I remember thinking at the time, what is all the fuss? :102:

Love the idea that we should go back to the time that an exam at the age of 11 should, in most cases, define the rest of your life. Any more stupid ****ing Toryboy nonsense you want to share with us?

I reckon you should have a good look at what the Liberals and the Tories (particularly the reactionary old ****ers) say on education before voting again. 'It worked for me and the thick and feckless poor deserve what they get' should grease your way in nicely down the Conservative club.

Labour is presiding over a return by stealth to the era of grammar and secondary modern schools, a study suggests today.

just got my GCSE results and i feel like i've achieved something rather good!

English Lit - A
English Lan - A
Humanities - B
Geoggers - B
RE - C
Business studies - C
Science full course - B
Science additional - C
Stats - C
French - C
Maths - C

maybe a few too many C's but i'm fairly chuffed with that!

English Lit - A
English Lan - A
Humanities - B
Geoggers - B
RE - C
Business studies - C
Science full course - B
Science additional - C
Stats - C
French - C
Maths - C

You can't count RE

Knock it off your list

Can't wait to see my brother's results when I get back home from work. Then I can proclaim the role as most academic brother. For years and years, it's been 'wait till I get my GCSE results'.....

Last edited:
Can't wait to see my brother's results when I get back home from work. Then I can proclaim the role as most academic brother. For years and years, it's been 'wait till I get my GCSE results'.....

well apparently RE dosent count so you can tell him to knock that one off :icon_lol:

Last edited:
He got that last year - him B, me B. 0-0 there.

well atleast you have some competition, i'm going to have to wait 9 years to see how my first sibling does and then another 5 to see how the other one gets on :icon_bigg

English Lit - A
English Lan - A

Humanities - B
Geoggers - B
RE - C
Business studies - C
Science full course - B
Science additional - C
Stats - C
French - C
Maths - C

Well done Teddy boy.
Two As for English, does this mean we should be pointing out and correcting your appalling spelling, punctuation and grammar? Or can we expect to see a big improvement?
:icon_wink

Well done Teddy boy.
Two As for English, does this mean we should be pointing out and correcting your appalling spelling, punctuation and grammar? Or can we expect to see a big improvement?

:icon_lol: i hope not, I was fairly surprised that i done gone got two A's in english

Well done Teddy boy.

:icon_lol: i hope not, I was fairly surprised that i done gone got two A's in english

tell him to piss off i do :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

When I was doing O-levels we could only take seven of them. If people can now take eleven does that mean they are easier than they used to be, or are there now more hours in the school week?

That wasn't a general rule. I did twelve in the late sixties.

tell him to piss off i do :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

I would if i thought my spelling, punctuation and grammar was really bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea714
5Aston Villa714
6Brighton712
7Newcastle712
8Fulham711