What have you achieved today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, in which case your ceramic media might damage the plec then. By that piece of info I presume you are running an undergravel filter?

30ltrs is a very small aquarium, and not really ideal.

Neon Tetras, Guppys, Swordtails, Platies are OK, but not many of them.

Indeed, I didnt want anything too laborious although I am very comitted to making the most of what I have :)

I was going to get 3 neon tetras so that looks favourite :)

EDIT: Yes undergravel filtration

Last edited:
Indeed, I didnt want anything too laborious although I am very comitted to making the most of what I have :)

I was going to get 3 neon tetras so that looks favourite :)
I think you could possibly stretch to five neons for your first purchase, but no more than that.

It's also vitally important that you purchase an Ammonia Test Kit and a Nitrite Test Kit when you buy your fish, if you haven't already.

Last edited:
I think you could possibly stretch to five neons for your first purchase, but no more than that.

It's also vitally important that you purchase an Ammonia Test Kit and a Nitrite Test Kit when you buy your fish, if you haven't already.

I hadnt planned on that so thanks I will. Any ideas on something a bit larger to add in a months time?

I will get 5 neons :)

I hadnt planned on that so thanks I will. Any ideas on something a bit larger to add in a months time?

I will get 5 neons :)
What shaped aquarium is it?

I only ask to give you advice on the fish which would look best. There aren't many larger fish that will fit in 30ltr aquarium.

Male cherry Barbs will look OK. They are classed as small fish, but would seem large (ish) in your tank.

I only ask to give you advice on the fish which would look best. There aren't many larger fish that will fit in 30ltr aquarium.

Male cherry Barbs will look OK. They are classed as small fish, but would seem large (ish) in your tank.

this is where you rip me to shreds :icon_lol: its a bowl, a big ****ing basketbal sized bowl :icon_lol:

I only wanted small/small medium fish anyway :icon_lol:

What about the angel:102:

Is there any truth Melts that a fish will only grow in proportion to the size of its surroundings?

What about the angel:102:

Is there any truth Melts that a fish will only grow in proportion to the size of its surroundings?
Yes, no one knows quite why, but I have studied it and I have theory.

Fish have a central line down both sides, a "lateral line". This has lots of tiny sensors that pick up vibrations, "Sonar" for want of a better description.

I reckon, and it's only my theory, that when the fish feels the water bouncing back of the side of the tank from it's own movements and on both sides at the same time, it knows it needs to slow its growth rate down.

My other theory is that it senses its own pheromones coming back at it, instead of dissipating into the water body.

However, this phenomenon only works when a fish has already reached a certain percentage of its expected growth rate. ie, if you put a Great White into Duzza's tank, it'll soon outgrow it.

:icon_redf
A Biorb is a decent tank, I helped launch it into the market. It does distort the view of the fish though.

Be very careful though, I have witnessed one set light to something that was right behind it as the sun shone through it.

Possibly a lone male Siamese fighter would complement the tank in a month's time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea714
5Aston Villa714
6Brighton712
7Newcastle712
8Fulham711