What have you achieved today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Biorb is a decent tank, I helped launch it into the market. It does destort the view of the fish though.

Be very careful though, I have witnessed one set light to something that was right behind it as the sun shone through it.

Possibly a lone male Siamese fighter would complement the tank in a month's time.

Oh I assumed they were all style over substance (not that that stopped me buying it). I did resist the SpyOrb though :icon_bigg

It's out of direct sunlight and up against a wall so should be OK.

I went up to A5 Aquatics today (working from home rules) and saw a lot of fish that were claimed to be 'teritorial' would that be the same?

Last edited:
Oh I assumed they were all style over substance (not that that stopped me buying it). I did resist the SpyOrb though :icon_bigg

I went up to A5 Aquatics today (working from home rules) and saw a lot of fish that were claimed to be 'teritorial' would that be the same?
You want "Community Fish".

My advice would be go to Maidenhead Aquatics at Woodlands.

Once had some barbs who were constantly chasing and shredding the tails of the guppy fish we had. We had to separate them in the finish because they were not 'playing'

I love the old Khuli loach:icon_wink
we had one of those in our tropical tank years ago. Nutter it was.
We've got a cold water tank now and my favouite is a weather loach who lies under the gravel with just his head sticking out.I found it under the sofa at 2 am one morning, god only knows how it lived through that.

Last edited:
I once had a 4ft tank with a few angels and an elephant fish in it. I took as best care as I knew how of it and they still died after a couple of years, in the end I figured I didn't know enough to keep them happy so gave up. Just thought I'd mention that. I love that fecking elephant fish, and when I went to fish it out with a metal net the dead ****ed shocked me (they move by using electric pulses, like an electric eel I was told). I'm a bit pissed tonight so not sure if it's relevant, or if this is the Leroy Potter missing thread, but hey ho.

I love that fecking elephant fish, and when I went to fish it out with a metal net the dead ****ed shocked me (they move by using electric pulses, like an electric eel I was told).
That's bizarre.

An Elephant nose' electric pulse is an active action and not a passive one, so I'm very surprised it could manage this whilst dead.

I was also under the impression it was a measured in micro/milli/tiny vaults as opposed to actual vaults as it's mainly used for navigation and giving a warning to little fish who nip its tail.

I guess you must have had a mutant who lived near an African electric works.

That's bizarre.

An Elephant nose' electric pulse is an active action and not a passive one, so I'm very surprised it could manage this whilst dead.

I was also under the impression it was a measured in micro/milli/tiny vaults as opposed to actual vaults as it's mainly used for navigation and giving a warning to little fish who nip its tail.

I guess you must have had a mutant who lived near an African electric works.

as in bank vaults or burial vaults, or was it pole vaulting........:102:

or was it volts?

I have a undergravel filter too
I can only see two pipes, one is supply to your external filter (on the right), the other appears to be the return from your filter (on the left with what appears to be a bung in the end).

the tank is drilled at the bottom for the gravel filter you can not see the pipes at all ,that's how the tank came when we got it
The tank is only drilled at the bottom if a sump is used in the cabinet. For a tank that size, it's bloody ludicrous.

Are you confusing an under gravel filter, with a sump filter which fits under your tank?

I take it the hole is blanked and you aren't using the sump under the tank?

The tank is only drilled at the bottom if a sump is used in the cabinet. For a tank that size, it's bloody ludicrous.

Are you confusing an under gravel filter, with a sump filter which fits under your tank?

I take it the hole is blanked and you aren't using the sump under the tank?

yes indeed as it didn't come with a sump the chap that had the tank and stand custom made it ,he fitted the under gravel filter ,the air line goes in the drilled hole at the bottom and is sealed in with something.not sure what,the air pump has two out lets ,and is rate adjustable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea714
5Aston Villa714
6Brighton712
7Newcastle712
8Fulham711
9Tottenham 710