What have you achieved today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex (Belfield) is probably the best radio presenter I've ever worked with and one of the most naturally gifted interviewers and comedians and singers I know.

Was it yourself or Alex that wrote his shameless wikipedia entry? :icon_lol:

Alex Belfield on wikipedia said:
In 2009 Alex is returning to Vegas, New York, Motown and Kenya but is hoping to find a cure for AIDS and will most likely solve the current world energy crisis.

Current Projects

Alex continues to tour the East Midlands with his Live Cabaret show and present a weekly pre-recorded show for BBC Radio Jersey, City Talk 105.9 and network Specials for the BBC across the UK, but amazingly Alex still finds the time to write wikipedia entries about himself.

Sometimes I wonder why I've become so damned reclusive. I miss all the silly banter and joke creation that happens in the radio/telly world, and I do love riffing. It's mostly Macky (although not exclusively) that can do the riffy verbals now (after the departure of Joe and Malf), and I loved his stuff about the tongue lashing. That was double entendre at its cheekiest. Great stuff.

Keep it up, Macky. You and some like you brighten up the dark days of this bloody PhD, and take me back to what I really am - desperate to escape and have a laff again.

Keep smiling B, that's what we're here for :icon_wink

Last edited:
Tried to get some people to stop following the so called big four and to start following City instead. Not an easy sell. :icon_conf

Tried to get some people to stop following the so called big four and to start following City instead. Not an easy sell. :icon_conf

We don't want ex top four fans supporting us. We are Leicester, our fans are die hards who attend every game.:icon_bigg

If they're not from Leicester, I can see that.

Although I do have one friend who lives in Holland who supported Liverpool despite having no connection to the place. I told him only kids support the big 4, took him to a few City games when he's been over, and he has at least partly changed his allegiance, despite no obvious connection to here - on the grounds of having seen more Leicester games than of Liverpool.

Got given some free tickets for the FA Carlsberg Trophy at Wembley on Saturday.

Not been to the new Wembley yet, so should be a good day out.

Last edited:
Not been to the new Wembley yet, so should be a good day out.
It is, until you have to leave and get stuck in a leaving really slowly sort of nightmare leaving thing

It is, until you have to leave and get stuck in a leaving really slowly sort of nightmare leaving thing

That's the bit I'm not looking forward to.

What's the parking like or am I better off going by train?

train to harrow then switch to tube.
Plan a beer or two afters so the crowds clear from the tube station

I went to the new Wembley in a qualifier Vs Israel.
Getting away was easy, we parked in a car park just across the road from the stadium for £5, 80 minutes after the full time whistle I was sitting in my front room.

What's the parking like or am I better off going by train?
Been there a couple of times and we parked in a car park adjacent to the station, pretty cheap and easy to get out; but I'd go with the train so you can have a few beers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea714
5Aston Villa714
6Newcastle712
7Fulham711
8Tottenham 610
9Nottm F710