What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been off sick the last few days with tonsillitis, so finally got round to watching Homeland.

I'd heard lots of good things about it and had been meaning to watch it, but since each episode is an hour long I just hadn't got to it... but I've watched all 12 episodes in the last couple of days, and wow it's good.

It had enough of a 24 feel about it to almost be familiar and easy to get into, but had different quirks to it as well. Claire Danes is brilliant in it.

I've been off sick the last few days with tonsillitis, so finally got round to watching Homeland.

I'd heard lots of good things about it and had been meaning to watch it, but since each episode is an hour long I just hadn't got to it... but I've watched all 12 episodes in the last couple of days, and wow it's good.

It had enough of a 24 feel about it to almost be familiar and easy to get into, but had different quirks to it as well. Claire Danes is brilliant in it.

Great series, although I did rather think that they might have been better finishing it at one series. But that's TV for you.

What I haven't been watching - Jon Stewart's Daily Show on More4 as they have stopped showing the daily episodes, and we will only be getting a half hour weekly round-up. Gutted - a great programme.

18 months later - the Daily Show returns daily from July 23 on Comedy Central

Filmed in Charlotte, and it's very good.

That bint has been seen down the shops a few times of late.

The Line of Duty on BBC1 has been an excellent series so far.

After a few quiet weeks on TV some good stuff on at the moment including Aaron Sorkin's Newsroom, Veep and the last few eps of TwentyTwelve

I have been watching the latest series of True Blood. There much less in the way of tits which is very disappointing.

aa2e74ae.jpg

Anyone watching Breaking Bad? Not sure if it is being shown in UK? I am following season 5 having watched it all the way through to date.

Not sure what to think about the most recent series, I love it and hate it at the same time, daft characters but quirky bits of dark comedy. Enough to keep me coming back.

Watching the 2nd season of 'The Walking Dead' at the moment, really enjoying it actually, although as in true American style some of the decisions the characters make are ridiculous.

Best of Men on BBC2; a cracking film about the start of the paralympics. A really well told story with Rob Brydon shining.

Watching Jeremy Kyle (yes, I know)... every other word out of this neanderthal's mouth is "innit" :icon_lol:

Saw the first installment of " A Touch of Cloth " on Sky 1 last night ( second installment tonight ) a detective piss-take. Very very funny.

The Newsroom - brilliant stuff. Won't be to everyone's taste, but I've really, really enjoyed it. Think Jeff Daniels is superb and, somewhat surprisingly based on what I've seen her in before, so is Olivia Munn.

The Newsroom - brilliant stuff. Won't be to everyone's taste, but I've really, really enjoyed it. Think Jeff Daniels is superb and, somewhat surprisingly based on what I've seen her in before, so is Olivia Munn.

It took a while to get into the flow of the first episode but we've been hooked ever since. Very very good. They might run out of big stories to work around eventually.

Touch of Cloth tries a bit too hard for crap jokes but that is kind of what makes it funny.

Mount Pleasant is back on Sky One (second episode was on the other night). Worth watching, very funny in places. You have to know the characters though so best to catch up from the start.

The Borgias has been very good too (Sky Atlantic). Funnier and less serious than the first series. You have to be in the mood because it can be a bit slow-paced. Interesting all the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669