What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
USPGA golf, not finished yet but looks like Dustin Johnson's going to get a 2 shot penalty that's feckin harsh

First episode of Dexter series 4. Top quality as ever, it's supposed to be a fantastic series so have been really looking forward to this

First episode of Dexter series 4. Top quality as ever, it's supposed to be a fantastic series so have been really looking forward to this

My favourite TV series ever, I've not seen series 3 yet so need to catch up.

Series 4 is absolutely brilliant! Lithgows character is played superbly and considering Michael C Hall did it whilst battling Hodgkin's lymphoma is even more impressive! :038:

I know someone mentioned this on the match thread the other day but what on earth is going on with the new Sky Sports News graphics? You can barely read most of the text on the screen and I have a pretty decent sized TV.

I know someone mentioned this on the match thread the other day but what on earth is going on with the new Sky Sports News graphics? You can barely read most of the text on the screen and I have a pretty decent sized TV.

'tis truly horrendous - especially for a blind old twat like me

Does it look good in HD, or something ?

'tis truly horrendous - especially for a blind old twat like me

Does it look good in HD, or something ?

It's no different, pointless on a bloody rolling news channel anyway. At the weekend we had the Fulham vs Manure match on and my dad actually said 'Is this on the HD channel?' before sitting an inch away from the screen and checking the channel number. Can't believe people waste their money on this shite.

It's no different, pointless on a bloody rolling news channel anyway. At the weekend we had the Fulham vs Manure match on and my dad actually said 'Is this on the HD channel?' before sitting an inch away from the screen and checking the channel number. Can't believe people waste their money on this shite.

Are you saying that HD makes no difference or just that it makes no difference on the SSN channel?

Are you saying that HD makes no difference or just that it makes no difference on the SSN channel?

I don't think it makes an awful lot of difference in general. But on SSN were 90% of the show is the same two presenters talking into the camera, it seems utterly pointless.

Last edited:
I don't think it makes an awful lot of difference in general. But on SSN were 90% of the show is the same two presenters talking into the camera, it seems utterly pointless.

I agree on the SSN thing it does seem a bit like Sky are just trying to make as many HD channels as cheaply as possible to try to justify the 60 quid a month cost.

But if you have a decent TV then the difference in picture quality will be massively different on most things.

I agree on the SSN thing it does seem a bit like Sky are just trying to make as many HD channels as cheaply as possible to try to justify the 60 quid a month cost.

But if you have a decent TV then the difference in picture quality will be massively different on most things.

My eyes aren't great, I'm probably not the best person to comment on picture quality.

The Alex Higgins documentary on BBC2, pretty good stuff I thought. Amazing how far some people fall.

The Alex Higgins documentary on BBC2, pretty good stuff I thought. Amazing how far some people fall.
good viewing, amazed he only picked up £400 prize money for his first world championship!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69