What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is not too surprising considering he wrote it. :)

Yes, but watching a dwarf act everything in almost exactly the same manner as Gervais was a bit weird. I'm surprised Davies didn't put his own style on the part more.

Still, very enjoyable.

On a side note, both went to a talk and saw Stephen Merchant's stand-up last week; very nice guy and pretty good comedy show.

I love dwarves, I really do. I wish I had one to keep in my wardrobe so that I could play with it and do sexy midget time whenever I wanted. I just like weird stuff to be honest.

Jesus wept man, they're human beings the same as anybody else

Yes, but watching a dwarf act everything in almost exactly the same manner as Gervais was a bit weird. I'm surprised Davies didn't put his own style on the part more.

Still, very enjoyable.
Agree.
On a side note, both went to a talk and saw Stephen Merchant's stand-up last week; very nice guy and pretty good comedy show.
I was thinking about going but read a review that said that he has used most of the stuff before. I think I've seen pretty much everything from Gervais/Merchant so I didn't bother, was a lot of it recycled?

Agree.

I was thinking about going but read a review that said that he has used most of the stuff before. I think I've seen pretty much everything from Gervais/Merchant so I didn't bother, was a lot of it recycled?

I hadn't seen much of it before. Like you, I think I've seen most of Gervais and Merchant's work as I'm a huge fan, but this was new to me. However, it wasn't amazing; there were a few very funny moments and everyone I was with thoroughly enjoyed it, but I didn't think it compared to Gervais' early stuff or the TV shows.

On a side note, if you enjoyed The Office then you should definitely watch The American Office. The first series is very weak (they've even said that they regret making it) but from then onwards it is exceptional. I never thought I'd say this, but it's better than the UK version...

On a side note, if you enjoyed The Office then you should definitely watch The American Office. The first series is very weak (they've even said that they regret making it) but from then onwards it is exceptional. I never thought I'd say this, but it's better than the UK version...
Interesting, I've seen the odd episode from the first season and obviously compared it unfavourably to the UK series. Just read this on Merchant's website:
"If you've never seen the American version, or watched the early episodes and thought it wasn't your cup of tea, I urge you to start with Season Two and give it a go."
So clearly they weren't happy with the first season!

Interesting, I've seen the odd episode from the first season and obviously compared it unfavourably to the UK series. Just read this on Merchant's website:
"If you've never seen the American version, or watched the early episodes and thought it wasn't your cup of tea, I urge you to start with Season Two and give it a go."
So clearly they weren't happy with the first season!

It. Is. Amazing.

Not as dry as the UK version, but far funnier imo. And I am a huge fan of The Office.

Just accidentally found an audience with ken Dodd.
The least funny thing ever, the camera scans the crowd, most of which are dead, which is on a par with kd's material.

Just accidentally found an audience with ken Dodd.
The least funny thing ever, the camera scans the crowd, most of which are dead, which is on a par with kd's material.

I thought Ken Dodd was dead, which made me even more confused about him presenting his own show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58