What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting into the Soppranos again. Watched it in bits and pieces but never all the way through. Still great second time around.

It really amazes me how good some American TV is and then I sat and watched The Late Show with Craig Ferguson the other night, I've never heard of this show in the UK so not sure if it is shown. Some unfunny Scottish talk show host. I find Letterman's jokes dull but this guy is a twat of the highest order. Makes Leno and O'brien look like comical geniuses.

David Letterman makes me very uncomfortable. I went to one of his shows in New York before Christmas last year, and although I've never met him I dare put him down as a grade A arsehole.

And he's not funny either, obviously.

I have just finished watching the DVD of Fair Game with Naomi Watts. It is superb if you want a serious movie about the CIA. It is based on the true story of CIA agent Valerie Plame who was betrayed as a CIA ahent by the Bush administration in the run-up to the Iraq War. I will not give anymore away but according to Wikipedia it is correct in all the essentials. This is more a conspiracy movie for those who enjoyed "All The Presidents Men and "JFK" (although JFK was thoroughly inaccurate). it is not a James Bond/Jason Bourne action type movie but I thought it is quite excellent.

I watch that, as a kind of ongoing penance for being a ****, and I ask myself: what am I supposed to be laughing at?

If you're that massive a **** and still need to be reprimanded, might I suggest you watch Two and a Half Men and The Big Bang Theory as well?

Last edited:
Some seriously unfunny American sitcoms have been made over the years.

Used to watch Cheers quite a bit, I'm not sure why. The jokes are not always funny but there's something about the atmosphere that I like. Love the song too, and most of the actors are likeable. And it's not "ten jokes a minute" with the laugh track getting more hysterical for each one of them.

I haven't regularly watched a sitcom with laugh track in years, I hate it when they tell you when you're supposed to laugh. The last one was probably Fawlty Towers (on DVD, not when it was originally screened...).

Watched Breaking Bad Season 4 Episode 1. Not sure if it has been shown in the UK yet? only released in the US on AMC last night.
Nice one. I'm going to get around to watching it once all the series is out so I can watch it over one weekend. Its just better that way! Just had a flashback of how S3 ended, can't wait!

Have watched 4 episodes of Boardwalk Empire back to back this evening. It has its moments but I don't think its great.

HBO: That noise it makes in your headphones? The one on the programs you've downloaded from somewhere anonymous? The mmmmm thing at the beginning?

Pure motherfucking sex.

Last edited:
Nice one. I'm going to get around to watching it once all the series is out so I can watch it over one weekend. Its just better that way! Just had a flashback of how S3 ended, can't wait!

Have watched 4 episodes of Boardwalk Empire back to back this evening. It has its moments but I don't think its great.

I watched the first three series of Breaking Bad in a very short space of time after it was recommended to me. This series I am watching it as and when it is on TV seems strange only being 50 mins I want to get on and watch the rest. It's been quite a slow confusing start after the series end cliff hanger lots of different timelines to follow, just wating for the shit to rehit the fan.

I quite enjoyed Boardwalk Empire, I do think it got raved about a bit too much. It was good TV nothing exceptional.

United - recorded from a couple of months ago, watched it last night. Can't say as I knew much about the Munich air crash, found the drama quite moving.
Didn't know how close Bobby Charlton was to giving the game up. (If all facts were true!)

United - recorded from a couple of months ago, watched it last night. Can't say as I knew much about the Munich air crash, found the drama quite moving.
Didn't know how close Bobby Charlton was to giving the game up. (If all facts were true!)

Apparently it is far from true, I believe family members complained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669