What laptop should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my Acer laptop for almost 5 years now and still runs sweet to the beat. Only problem I had was when I had to replace the hard-drive but that was most likely down to the fact that I punched it!! haha!!

Oh and the battery doesn't work anymore but pretty much everyone I know that has got/had a laptop, this has happened.

Oh and the battery doesn't work anymore but pretty much everyone I know that has got/had a laptop, this has happened.

So its had a new hard disk and the battery is bust, buy Acer everyone!! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

So its had a new hard disk and the battery is bust, buy Acer everyone!! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

I had an Acer laptop that needed two new hard drives - and on neither occasion were they able to recover any data at all - it also took them an age to complete the simple task both times. The battery did last longer than it would have been expected to last though.

Also had an LG TV that expired only about a month after the warranty.

Can you read?

I said I had to buy a new hard drive because I punched it right on the touch-pad, and incidentally, the hard-drive is directly behind it.

I think most hard-drives would break if they were punched!!

Also, rechargeable batteries need replacing every so often, especially in laptops as they are not used as they should be. ie fully discharged before being charged up completely again. As I said in my first post, most people that I know that own a laptop that is 12 months+ old, the battery no longer works.

Don't listen to Durham, he is obviously talking out of his rectum yet again!! ;)

PS - you still got that Sky+ box? :102:

Last edited:
Can you read?

I said I had to buy a new hard drive because I punched it right on the touch-pad, and incidentally, the hard-drive is directly behind it.

I think most hard-drives would break if they were punched!!

Also, rechargeable batteries need replacing every so often, especially in laptops as they are not used as they should be. ie fully discharged before being charged up completely again. As I said in my first post, most people that I know that own a laptop that is 12 months+ old, the battery no longer works.

Don't listen to Durham, he is obviously talking out of his rectum yet again!! ;)

PS - you still got that Sky+ box? :102:

I wasn't being serious :icon_roll

Lithium ion batteries dont rely on that antiquated charge cycle :icon_roll

PS - no.

Last edited:
I wasn't being serious :icon_roll

Lithium ion batteries dont rely on that antiquated charge cycle :icon_roll

PS - no.

Sorry, it's just that I'm quite fond of my laptop and would probs get another Acer if I were to replace it. :icon_lol:

Either get a Vaio or a Dell.

Acer are just cheap and tacky laptops.

Can you expand on this at all?

If money is not an issue (which unfortunately for most of us on here it is) then go for a Vaio but you really are just paying for the name.

Dell usually do have pretty good offers though.

I would hope not.

I reckon they would. Most hard drives are only encased in a relatively thin layer of some sort of metal, not exactly much protecting them is it?

coupled with the frame and case of the laptop!!

Who said anything about that??!! :biggrin:

Plus when I broke mine it was only behind the touch-pad so not really any protection at all. Pretty lucky I didn't brake the touch-pad though! :icon_lol:

The only problem i found with your laptop is the:
490-10482 Graphics Card Intel Media Accelerator 950 Up to 256MB of shared Memory with TV and S-Video Output 1

If you are going to be video editing using software such as Adobe Premiere this graphics card may not be up to standard.

The only problem i found with your laptop is the:
490-10482 Graphics Card Intel Media Accelerator 950 Up to 256MB of shared Memory with TV and S-Video Output 1

If you are going to be video editing using software such as Adobe Premiere this graphics card may not be up to standard.

Whose laptop are you on about? I can't see any reference to a specific laptop mentioned in this thread.

Or are you just going through all the threads, adding something whether it makes sense or not?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469