what now Milan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a chance, he's been offered a job for life at Wigan so there's no way they'd sack him.

In recent years he's been linked with the Newcastle job so I cant see what would attract him here :102:

Who said he would have to be sacked,I know for a fact he is not happy at Wigan and is becoming disillusioned with them

Why not ffs. A chairman with money and ambition and 30,000 in the ground instead of 13,000. Got to be attractive surely

Exactly Wigan is a Rugby League Town,there will never be that much interest in the Football team

i think were getting to hung up on what people have done at their previous clubs. all that matters is what they could do for city and their past has no ****ing influence on this what so ever.

Why not ffs. A chairman with money and ambition and 30,000 in the ground instead of 13,000. Got to be attractive surely

Because they are a premiership club and he is absolutely adored by both fans and board... I'm sure if he decided to leave Wigan there'd be a lot more attractive clubs to go to and would want him.

If he comes here and leaves Wigan then I'll eat my hat!

The most important thing is to get out of the Championship, so surely having a manager who knows how to do that is more important than having someone who might be able to keep us up if we get there?
But just because Coleman hasn't the experience of this League doesn't mean he couldn't take us up.What experience had Roy Keane and Boothroyd.

Because they are a premiership club and he is absolutely adored by both fans and board... I'm sure if he decided to leave Wigan there'd be a lot more attractive clubs to go to and would want him.

If he comes here and leaves Wigan then I'll eat my hat!

They might not be for much longer and he maybe adored by their 13000 fans but he may fancy managing a team with potential.It was only a suggestion ffs,I don't think its that outrageous.2 months ago you may have said the same about Coleman

Last edited:
Why not Worthington? Because he can take a team so far, but not far enough, however, maybe so far is what we need right now, lets walk before we run away with ourselves with optimism. So worthington for now, I'm sure M&M, will ensure that if he doesn't cut it, someone else will.

But just because Coleman hasn't the experience of this League doesn't mean he couldn't take us up.What experience had Roy Keane and Boothroyd.

And Levein, and Kelly.

Coleman took over an established Premiership side, had one good season followed by three seasons of struggle. I realise we'd have taken that for Leicester in the last few seasons, but his record doesn't get me excited.

And Levein, and Kelly.

Coleman took over an established Premiership side, had one good season followed by three seasons of struggle. I realise we'd have taken that for Leicester in the last few seasons, but his record doesn't get me excited.

Like I said its just opinions,Worthington's record does excite you then ? I could be wrong but Fulham were hardly 'established' when he took them over

Last edited:
The most important thing is to get out of the Championship, so surely having a manager who knows how to do that is more important than having someone who might be able to keep us up if we get there?

We could go on for ever like this. Yes, we do need to get out of the Championship first but because Coleman has never managed outside of the Prem. doesn't mean he can't do it. He played in promotion winning teams at Palace and Fulham so has been there.

No, but he has the experience of getting promoted with a similar sized club, which for me makes him a better prospect than someone with no experience of this level.

I think MM has his sights set a bit higher and would prefer a 'Name' manager but I may well be wrong,time will tell.NW was only mentioned by one poster has a candidate before he came here,I didn't hear anybody singing his praises before he got here.He has done a good job,the job he was asked to do and for that deserves consideration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669