what now Milan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nigel Worthington for me please.

I can't see why there is a big love in for Chris Coleman (although I wouldn't be dissapointed if he did get the job)...lets not forget that he did have the backing of a very rich bloke. Fulham did not have vast amounts of money but they had a lot more than Worthington was given for his premiership assault.

One person I DO NOT WANT and quite seriously don't want is Paul Ince...what has he f*cking done ladies and gents?

Come on...give worthy the job.

Agree. But I also think that the change in manager was a big factor in our escape. It probably could have been anyone, we just needed a change...

That isn't to underplay Worthington. I still think he is a good manager with the kind of experience we need.

Fair Play to Worthy. He's installed dislinciple and actually chosen the best players.

He should be given a standing ovation when coming out at 1.30 next Sunday.

Exactly right - a few weeks ago we were dead and buried were not likley to get another point and destined for League one so a lot of posters were saying.

He has done well with the same team that Kelly had and hes done a job exceeding most of your expectations before he took over.

Agree. But I also think that the change in manager was a big factor in our escape. It probably could have been anyone, we just needed a change...

That isn't to underplay Worthington. I still think he is a good manager with the kind of experience we need.

Agreed Silver but Wortho seems to have actually made changes to certain stuff which has made the difference. There is no doubt a slightly bit of 'honeymoon period' played it's part, but it took us two games to actually get a win.

It wasnt the boost like Cov got when Dowie came, he just pick the same players and they won. Whats that I just seen on BBC Sport, we are above Cov :icon_bigg

I know people will say anything to get a job they want, but NW has said that he has admired LCFC for a while and will be doing his upmost to get the job, not done a bad job so far sorting out the dead wood.
I am unsure about who I want but on what have I seen NW do so far I would say he wouldn't be such a bad shout.

He would do a good job I am sure of it. A lot better than anyone we have had for a long time.

Trouble is that a lot of people have severe delusions that a world class manager and world class players are on their way. It really isn't going to happen. We are still going to have to scap and we are still going to have to battle to get out of this league. I think Wortho and his experience will be invaluable.

I havent been this upbeat about my team for a while, I can now look forward to the summer and the plans that Mr Mandaric has for my club. The threat of relegation has now gone and I can start to think about the future just a little more.

I havent been this upbeat about my team for a while, I can now look forward to the summer and the plans that Mr Mandaric has for my club. The threat of relegation has now gone and I can start to think about the future just a little more.

Agreed...I thought we'd struggle this season and 12th at best. Now we can look forward to some signings (better than the likes of Johnson and Low) and see the continous emergence of Mattock and Weso.

No, but he has the experience of getting promoted with a similar sized club, which for me makes him a better prospect than someone with no experience of this level.

So you would vote Adams over Coleman too?

Chris Coleman may have been on a slide with Fulham, but a lot of what he achieved at that club were superb. The players he bought in, without a huge amount of money, proved he had a good eye for a talent; the fans until late loved him and players were told to either play for the shirt or **** off (Malbranque) which is certainly an attitude we need here more.

No, because Adams took over a squad that had a lot of Premiership quality players, so he didn't need to do much work to get promoted.
Worthington took over a struggling Norwich team and in his first full season they finished 6th.

Hmmmm... Norwich were certainly on an up the minute he took charge it would seem.

I think it's a tough one I really do.

It is a tough one.

If I was Milan, my first call would be to find out if Billy Davies really is unhappy at Derby. If there's any chance we could get him, I'd go all out for it. Number one choice IMO.

Then I'd look at Ince, Newell, Coleman and Worthington.

At the moment it looks to me like we have a shot at a decent manager, which is massive news for us.

But I would also not be at all surprised if Milan has someone in mind that nobody has yet mentioned. Who'd thought of Worthington?

Last edited:
I think Worthington could do a job in the Championship but I think MM is looking higher than that.

I do hope so.

It's cliche stuff obviously but I hope that MM thanks Worthington who has done a good short term job ....and then appoints Coleman. On the basis that Coleman has managed successfully at a higher level and that's where we should be aspiring.

My guess is that Worthington could be a good enough manager at second tier level but if Coleman does want the Leicester job then the opportunity should be taken whilst it lasts. Coleman did an excellent job in keeping Fulham in the Premiership and they played with a bit of style.

However, if I was putting money on it then I sense that Worthington will be appointed....and also that we shall come to regret it.

I think you have to look at what Worthington has actually done and whether he's what the club needs now.

We have promising young players starting to knock at the door and he's shown excellent judgment in that respect.

We have a squad that has underperformed and looked unfit from day one of the season and he's got them working harder in his time here.

We have with some of the players a drinking culture and he's shown himself to be enough of a disciplinarian for me to think he will tackle that. Certainly more so than Coleman who had his own drinking issues as a player and who was rumoured to be unable to deal with a similar situation at Fulham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00