What's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1966 said:
Without wishing to sound like a FT mouthpiece / sympathiser, I think we have to accept that senior members of the FT are going to be aware of information that they are not allowed to communicate.

This is all part of accepting the responsibility that goes with being on the board, I would be far more worried if they were discussing issues that they had promised not to.

Maintaining a professional position should ensure that they quickly become aware of any mismanagement, if it ever happens, and are therefore able to act decisively. Then we will find out if the FT are credible or not.

point taken, but you can now explain to me why we have a voice of the fans on the board, (is it a full seated member?) but the voice cannot communicate back to the fans?
Its like the board saying these are the facts, but dont tell anyone...?

Boy Genius said:
point taken, but you can now explain to me why we have a voice of the fans on the board, (is it a full seated member?) but the voice cannot communicate back to the fans?

probably for legal reasons!

Everyone is outraged that nobody is telling us whats going on! but maybe nothing is going on! Maybe its just been rumours! No matter how certain some seem to be they are rumours in the end!! Do you not remember the statements by posters saying Cotteril and then Newell were becoming manager! :icon_roll

Last edited:
Willlow said:
probably for legal reasons!

Everyone is outraged that nobody is telling us whats going on! but maybe nothing is going on! Maybe its just been rumours! No matter how certain some seem to be they are rumours in the end!! Do you not remember the statements by posters saying Cotteril and then Newell were becoming manager! :icon_roll

And there was some truth in the fact that Cotterill was our number one target and Newell had two interviews, so there was at least some basis for these rumours, so you have to ask what is fanning the flames of this latest rumour ?

Chuck T Masala said:
In the absence of fact fiction will always fill in. :icon_roll

Hence the reason for openess as fiction might be more embarassing that fact. ;)

Steven said:
Hence the reason for openess as fiction might be more embarassing that fact. ;)

Or more interesting and each time the 'nugget' is repeated it gets a little more embroidered and a little more interesting. But no comment doesnt mean it must be true.

Chuck T Masala said:
Or more interesting and each time the 'nugget' is repeated it gets a little more embroidered and a little more interesting. But no comment doesnt mean it must be true.

... and correspondingly mean that it is not true. ;) :icon_wink :073:

webmaster said:
Now the club has denied all of this would you like to ask your source where they got the story from?

And next time I see 'Bruin' I'll ask him too, and maybe we can see whether this came from a reliable source and the club has done a U turn, or whether it's someone trying to make mischief.

Just what have the club 'denied'.....?

I'll confirm it - when I know exactly what they're denying.

Real Sharapova said:
No redundancies, per TD.

Strictly speaking, at this moment in time, this is true - however, TD knows that this is only because the word he used is "redundancy".....

So we just need to ask to see a list of people that were employed at LCFC this time last month. Then ask if any of these people are still employed with LCFC now, or at the very least have any of these been informed that there services are no longer required.

Last edited:
BOB HAZELL said:
Strictly speaking, at this moment in time, this is true - however, TD knows that this is only because the word he used is "redundancy".....
So are we back to square one, then:confused:

Boy Genius said:

We have a voice on the board so that the fans voice is heard when decisions, of both a confidential and day-to-day nature, are being made.

As in politics we trust these people to make the right decisions, armed with all the relevant information / facts and analysis. Sometimes this process is completely open and transparent; occasionally we have to accept this process will be secretive because it may affect the ability of the club to be successful.

When decisions are made that we are not happy with, and we are aware of the issues, we should voice our concerns strongly and if serious enough force the removal of those who are making the decisions. Obviously this is not easy when it comes to the board of the club but is more than possible with the FT if we are all members.

Dunno how long this post will stay up here for but......

I've got a very reliable source telling me what happened and the fall out from it.

Expect a Pierpoint era atmosphere at the club offices for the foreseeable future and the old football side v 'corporate' side division

Last edited:
Dunc said:

I've got a very reliable source telling me what happened and the fall out from it.

Expect a Pierpoint era atmosphere at the club offices for the foreseeable future and the old football side v 'corporate' side division

Does this mean we now have a Ms Pierpoint now at LCFC?

Ox Fox said:
Does this mean we now have a Ms Pierpoint now at LCFC?

and a new mr pierpoint without any talent in any field according to those in the know.

Dunc said:
and a new mr pierpoint without any talent in any field according to those in the know.

Bloody hell Office Angels have been busy.

Dunc said:

Here we go again

'Source' - time to name names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Newcastle712
7Fulham711