What's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy Genius said:
point taken, but you can now explain to me why we have a voice of the fans on the board, (is it a full seated member?) but the voice cannot communicate back to the fans?
Its like the board saying these are the facts, but dont tell anyone...?

It's not a full board member role, but an Observer.

Our Observer was not able to attend the last LCFC board meeting due to previous work commitments & the club would not let us field a substitute - we are trying to get agreement that this will be allowed in future

BOB HAZELL said:
Strictly speaking, at this moment in time, this is true - however, TD knows that this is only because the word he used is "redundancy".....

During our conversation with the club the term redundancy was not used & part of our question related to whether Birch was leaving or not & we were told no

Foxes_Trust said:
Here we go again

'Source' - time to name names?

What is this endless fascination that you have with names? Is it not obvioous to you that there are people at the club who are less than happy with what is going on.

Perhaps you should spend your time trying to find out why Alan Birchenall was at both the training ground and the Walkers with a knife taped to his back yesterday.

Was it Nero who fiddled whilst Rome burned?

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Lets wait and see first, I havent read anywhere that it is has been confirmed as a "load of old bollocks". Also the FT originally posted that if the source of said rumour was identified, then they could comment further, suggesting that we were indeed in possession of more fact than they were prepared to discuss, hence the criticism.

We are aware of some things we cannot reveal at the request of the club & we will respect that as good practice within employment law

Foxes_Trust said:
We are aware of some things we cannot reveal at the request of the club & we will respect that as good practice within employment law

This adds to your credibility how? Your position on this and other matters further your stated aims how? :102: :102: :102: :icon_roll

Foxes Trust said:
Our Aims

• To lobby, publicise and campaign to encourage the Board to take into account the interests of supporters when making its decisions.
• To create an independent forum to raise the concerns of Leicester City Football Club supporters.
• To enable a democratically elected director representing the views of the supporters to influence the decision making of the board, and to enshrine in the football club’s Memorandum and Articles of Association the representation of the Trust on the Board.
• To raise money for the benefit of the club. Funds raised are to be used appropriately as to benefit the best interests of Leicester City Football Club and its supporters.
• To strengthen the bonds between Leicester City Football Club and the community which it serves and to represent the interests of the community in the running of the club.
• To ensure the club meets the highest standards of business management.
• To promote, develop and respect the rights of members of the community served by the club and the Trust.
• To encourage the club to play competitive football at the highest possible level.

bocadillo said:
What is this endless fascination that you have with names? Is it not obvioous to you that there are people at the club who are less than happy with what is going on.

Perhaps you should spend your time trying to find out why Alan Birchenall was at both the training ground and the Walkers with a knife taped to his back yesterday.

Was it Nero who fiddled whilst Rome burned?

Surely if we know by asking a few contacts, the FT know what is going on. If not then they are really asking the wrong people and should start asking round.

Dunc said:
Surely if we know by asking a few contacts, the FT know what is going on. If not then they are really asking the wrong people and should start asking round.

The truth of the matter is that the FT are being played by either or both Senior Management and the Board within the Club.

FT could absent themselves from

but choose instead to be a part of such knowledge. My question would be, why do they choose to do that when they could choose to be free to pass comment on anything going on in the Club? :102: :102: :102:

Foxes_Trust said:

So there is something going on then, so why have you tried to tell us that there is nothing going on and it is all bullshit, but then finally admit you are aware of some things, so whilst elements of yesterdays rumour may be wrong, it is not all bullshit as many had tried to elude to yesterday and a good part of today.

So maybe some of the posters who have sources, are actually telling these posters pretty much what you are aware of, or maybe even things that the club have 'failed' to notify you of.

Last edited:
PFKAKTF FOX said:
So there is something going on then, so why have you tried to tell us that there is nothing going on and it is all bullshit, but then finally admit you are aware of some things, so whilst elements of yesterdays rumour may be wrong, it is not all bullshit as many had tried to elude to yesterday and a good part of today.

So maybe some of the posters who have sources, are actually telling these posters pretty much what you are aware of, or maybe even things that the club have 'failed' to notify you of.

We never stated that 'nothing was going on', we stated that we had been told was that the Birch rumour was untrue, as in he is not leaving the club (the term redundancy was never discussed, just that he wasn't leaving)

We have not clearly established whether the initial story posted was true & the club back tracked, or whether someone within the club was feeding stories to fans & mis chief making.

Having knowledge of the posters who posted the original story, we know it wasn't a Foxestalk 'Tim Davies here' style hoax, as they are both long established message boarders & both have good contacts within the club, the question is more about who within the club is feeding who with half truths & that is what we intend to investigate thoroughly, hence our keenness to know who these 'contacts' regular posters are talking to.

Any information via e-mail [email protected] would be useful in this aim. If we do receive information in this way we promise not to post it on message boards or reveal it to any employees of LCFC

Foxes_Trust said:
We never stated that 'nothing was going on', we stated that we had been told was that the Birch rumour was untrue, as in he is not leaving the club (the term redundancy was never discussed, just that he wasn't leaving)

We have not clearly established whether the initial story posted was true & the club back tracked, or whether someone within the club was feeding stories to fans & mis chief making.

Having knowledge of the posters who posted the original story, we know it wasn't a Foxestalk 'Tim Davies here' style hoax, as they are both long established message boarders & both have good contacts within the club, the question is more about who within the club is feeding who with half truths & that is what we intend to investigate thoroughly, hence our keenness to know who these 'contacts' regular posters are talking to.

Any information via e-mail [email protected] would be useful in this aim. If we do receive information in this way we promise not to post it on message boards or reveal it to any employees of LCFC

Trouble is it is highly unlikely anybody is going to reveal their sources for fear of losing their trust and further information. I know you cannot give a straight answer to this question, but I take it from some of the posts on the various message boards today, there is some sort of conflict within the club at present, the seriousness and the people involved, it appears is the difficult part to fathom out.

MKFox said:
You can tell alex hasn't been getting much lately....
It gets worse for a while too mate....now haven't you got some sick or shite to clear up? Then there's the baby to look after too.....

A man who speaks from experience!!!!

Sorry - I missed out on loads here - what the frigging hell is going on? I've looekd through this thread (until I got almost as bored as Mrs HF) please someone paraphrase for me, is The Birch in troub?

I have a link with the club through a workmate who is good friends with some older ex-players.(mainly the players that won the masters tourny). The club internally in many ways as changed beyond recognition. Many of these players were able to use the goodwill of the club and claim a number of tickets for the home games. But since post administration these tickets are no longer ready available. To be a part of the Leicester 'legends' a player would have needed to make over 100apps for city. The situation as i understand it now is that they can only claim 2 tickets. This is just one of many things that the regime have done to tighten the belts. This i know for a fact as made many of these ex players who would meet up on match days stay away. I'm not saying this is wrong , but it seems that the present set up have little sentiment or regard for the very people who have done our club proud over the years. I could understand decisions like that if we were playing to a full house every week and the club needed to sell as many tickets as possible. But thats not the case there are 10000 empty seats so it seems a tad petty minded imo.

alex said:
Sorry - I missed out on loads here - what the frigging hell is going on? I've looekd through this thread (until I got almost as bored as Mrs HF) please someone paraphrase for me, is The Birch in troub?

Check your PM, you have mail.

Brauny Blue said:
I have a link with the club through a workmate who is good friends with some older ex-players.(mainly the players that won the masters tourny). The club internally in many ways as changed beyond recognition. Many of these players were able to use the goodwill of the club and claim a number of tickets for the home games. But since post administration these tickets are no longer ready available. To be a part of the Leicester 'legends' a player would have needed to make over 100apps for city. The situation as i understand it now is that they can only claim 2 tickets. This is just one of many things that the regime have done to tighten the belts. This i know for a fact as made many of these ex players who would meet up on match days stay away. I'm not saying this is wrong , but it seems that the present set up have little sentiment or regard for the very people who have done our club proud over the years. I could understand decisions like that if we were playing to a full house every week and the club needed to sell as many tickets as possible. But thats not the case there are 10000 empty seats so it seems a tad petty minded imo.

Reminds me of Walshie's interview in the Fox where he said that he wasn't allowed into certain parts of the stadium (can't remember the specific place he mentioned) because he didn't have the right kind of ticket, which made him feel a bit rejected... this is Walshie for goodness sake! :icon_evil (I think he did go on to say that it was a bit better last year though..)

on the other hand ive paid thousands to watch this club so my heart doesnt exactly bleed for them. Most of the tickets ended up getting flogged anyway (sometimes to way fans eh impey)

lazzer said:
on the other hand ive paid thousands to watch this club so my heart doesnt exactly bleed for them. Most of the tickets ended up getting flogged anyway (sometimes to way fans eh impey)
Agreed, and they were paid when they played for us, they didn't totally do it out of the goodness of their hearts. If they can have free tickets, I want them too!

Again from FoxFanzine:

jackieguaccamole said:
Would like to report that he has this morning spoken to his underground contact at the club who has confirmed that the people that were said to be getting the boot have been given the boot, and that it hasn't gone down very well..

Which actually makes TNBD look like an untrustworthy little bugger if he really did send out those emails saying that he didn;t know what anyone was on about, sacking? What sacking.?

hubert said:
I have also just confirmed with a contact at the club that the three people in question YESTERDAY received letters terminating their contracts.

However I believe that rather than being booted out to make way for new bird, she is actually already here and was brought in specifically tasked with reducing the running costs of the club, so it is her rather than Tim NBD who has wielded the axe.

Gaffer give me a shout if you want me to edit this at all.

:102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Newcastle712
7Fulham711
8Tottenham 610