What's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
EMC Fox said:
Looks like your posts have lasted over 2 hours.. is John Sanders off today? :102: Or has he been made redundant?

Or it means that the posts do not contain libelious information, and therefore likely means what has been posted is most likely true.

Leigh said:
Reminds me of Walshie's interview in the Fox where he said that he wasn't allowed into certain parts of the stadium (can't remember the specific place he mentioned) because he didn't have the right kind of ticket, which made him feel a bit rejected... this is Walshie for goodness sake! :icon_evil (I think he did go on to say that it was a bit better last year though..)

He wanted to get in the Ladies toilets!! :lol:

Ladies and Gentlemen Toilets, why is it that Gentlemen is shortened to Gents, but Ladies isn't shortened to Lads? :icon_conf

Chrysalis said:
their has been numerous redundancies and disciplinaries, this is accurate and I wont say how I know.

The situation reminds me about piss ups and breweries. Before we have TD apologists, just because he was good at the time of the Administration, does not mean that he is up to taking the Club forward. Harsh but true.

Brauny Blue said:
I have a link with the club through a workmate who is good friends with some older ex-players.(mainly the players that won the masters tourny). The club internally in many ways as changed beyond recognition. Many of these players were able to use the goodwill of the club and claim a number of tickets for the home games. But since post administration these tickets are no longer ready available. To be a part of the Leicester 'legends' a player would have needed to make over 100apps for city. The situation as i understand it now is that they can only claim 2 tickets. This is just one of many things that the regime have done to tighten the belts. This i know for a fact as made many of these ex players who would meet up on match days stay away. I'm not saying this is wrong , but it seems that the present set up have little sentiment or regard for the very people who have done our club proud over the years. I could understand decisions like that if we were playing to a full house every week and the club needed to sell as many tickets as possible. But thats not the case there are 10000 empty seats so it seems a tad petty minded imo.

There has been a big cut back on freebie tickets, since the numbers of these used to be over 1,000 it is more than justified. The cut backs started prior to this season & have been tightened as things progressed.

Redditch Fox said:
Quite - I don't pretend to know what's going on, nor - to be brutally honest - do I care much about what happens to staff who have only a peripheral role re. results on the pitch.

If someone has come in and can help get some momentum into a club which has been drifting since the departure of MON - I say good luck to them.

As for the FT - no organisation could be better intentioned - but as far as I am concerned the best sort of consumer involvement is a Leicester City crowd roaring on a winning team - and stuff all the posturing about representing supporters views and wanting influence in the board room for half a crown's investment!

Is £151,000 insignificant?

Foxes_Trust said:
There has been a big cut back on freebie tickets, since the numbers of these used to be over 1,000 it is more than justified. The cut backs started prior to this season & have been tightened as things progressed.

Dont know we hardly filling the stadium so its not exactly stopping sales.

Chrysalis said:
Dont know we hardly filling the stadium so its not exactly stopping sales.
Yeah, but if I'm paying the full dollar, why shouldn't everyone else? If you took your argument to its logical solution, we would give every sodding ticket away, as we don't sell out every week.

Real Sharapova said:
Yeah, but if I'm paying the full dollar, why shouldn't everyone else? If you took your argument to its logical solution, we would give every sodding ticket away, as we don't sell out every week.

I can see both sides of the argument. Why should the working man be fleeced over ticket prices. And on the other hand some of these ex players gave their all for this club so why shouldn't this be a perk for them.:102:

Chuck T Masala said:
Would just about pay the salary of a high flying hatchet women.

I might just consider getting out of bed for that salary. ;)

Brauny Blue said:
I can see both sides of the argument. Why should the working man be fleeced over ticket prices. And on the other hand some of these ex players gave their all for this club so why shouldn't this be a perk for them.:102:

OK an ex player who plays for the club lets just say for two years,
he doesnt pull up any trees but he gives consistent service and is paid well above the average wage to do so.
On the other hand you have a supporter with an average wage,wife and two kids,struggling to get by,now he spends his hard earned cash on season tickets for him and his kids lets just say for the last 16 years and will continue to do so until he turns his toes up.

who deserves the odd free ticket :102:

Brauny Blue said:
Call me a cynic, but they were paid handsomely, even in those days, compared to the normal working population, so why should they have loads of freebies? A couple of tickets now and then, maybe, but nothing like what it appears they have become used to.

lazzer said:
OK an ex player who plays for the club lets just say for two years,
he doesnt pull up any trees but he gives consistent service and is paid well above the average wage to do so.
On the other hand you have a supporter with an average wage,wife and two kids,struggling to get by,now he spends his hard earned cash on season tickets for him and his kids lets just say for the last 16 years and will continue to do so until he turns his toes up.

who deserves the odd free ticket :102:

well said :038:

Brauny Blue said:

I continue to give my all for the club and for a lot longer than ANY player. If I leave my present company can I expect to nip back every now and then for some freebies??? Doubt it!!

Its a feckin gravy train, Im pleased they have stopped it personally.

Real Sharapova said:
Call me a cynic, but they were paid handsomely, even in those days, compared to the normal working population, so why should they have loads of freebies? A couple of tickets now and then, maybe, but nothing like what it appears they have become used to.

There are still some players from the 50s attending; they weren't paid too handsomely then and now well past retirement age, I see no reason why they shouldn't get a free tikcet - for themselves but not for their friends and hangers-on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham711
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610
9Brentford710