What's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redditch Fox said:
Yes - and that rule epitomises a lot of what is wrong with Leicester City these days - and is likely to inhibit opportunities to return to top flight status.

As i have said many times - in respect of the impediments placed on serious investment, the club is being run as if it is a social enterprise and not a serious business.
But it also epitomises what is good about Leicester City these days - a shady individual or consortium cannot come in and run the club into the ground -see Derby County, for one instance.

Real Sharapova said:
But it also epitomises what is good about Leicester City these days - a shady individual or consortium cannot come in and run the club into the ground -see Derby County, for one instance.

But it also excludes any possibility that a breakfast cereal magnate could buy the club out and get people in that can run it properly who know something about the game and business.

Rather than the Harry Enfield and Chums we currently have who no one likes, trusts, respects or thinks can do their job.

Last edited:
Dunc said:
But it also excludes any possibility that a breakfast cereal magnate could buy the club out and get people in that can run it properly who know something about the game and business.

Rather than the Harry Enfield and Chums we currently have who no one likes, trusts, respects or thinks can do their job.

You mean the same one we wanted out when he was chairman?

Chrysalis said:
Regarding investment how many here heard the romour TD and the board turned down 5million in return for a place on the board?

This sounds like the suggestion that keeps occurring that David Wilson would like to put some money into the club.

Foxes_Trust said:
More rumours ????

The constitution of the club does not allow one individual to have more than just under 10% of the shareholding, that equates to roughly £500,000.

For the constitution to change it would take the approval of 75% of the shareholders (or more accurately 75% of total shareholding held - so it could be blocked if the top 4 shareholders are against it - which equates to more than 25% of the total shareholding).

A proposal like that should still be put in front of the shareholders though. We have no evidence to suggest this was nothing other than rumour, once that keeps occuring.

However if anybody becomes aware of a potential investor like this, the Trust would want to meet them to understand their plans for the club, just look at Derby is you want a reason as to why.

But then you are world-renowned for not having evidence of things that are actually going on, are you not?

Or are you not allowed to say?

Last edited:
Babylon said:
You mean the same one we wanted out when he was chairman?

I don't think we did did we?! Thought he went and passed the role onto John Elsam so he could spend more time on other things eg. Weetabix.

Dunc said:

If he has the money and the support of other shareholders there's nothing to stop him getting onto the board If he gets onto the board and he has the right ideas to take the club forward I'm sure the rest of the board would support any staff changes he feels are necessary.

Dunc said:
And this is the same individual, that when the club floated on the stock exchange filled his boots, rather than reinvesting his proceeds. Anyway, if someone came along with serious money, the board would have to consider it, but at least they have the right of veto, if in their opinion, that person or consortium is likely to not have the best interests of LCFC at heart.

Dunc said:
Thought he went and passed the role onto John Elsam so he could spend more time on other things eg. Weetabix.

He must have been really hungry if he gave up the job to spend more time with his weetabix.

Anyway Tom Smeaton was chairman after George, Elsom took over from Smeaton.

Last edited:
bocadillo said:
This sounds like the suggestion that keeps occurring that David Wilson would like to put some money into the club.
I'd love to hear this suggestion actually coming from David Wilson, and to see the colour of his money. Untill then, this suggestion is the same sort of old bollo we had a few weeks ago concerning a Japanese consortium - that rumour died a death so quickly it was barely out of the womb.

Real Sharapova said:
I'd love to hear this suggestion actually coming from David Wilson, and to see the colour of his money. Untill then, this suggestion is the same sort of old bollo we had a few weeks ago concerning a Japanese consortium - that rumour died a death so quickly it was barely out of the womb.

Indeed. The absence thereof is not conclusive proof that it hasn't happened though.

I suspect we will never know one way or the other unless there is further development - always presuming there is something to devel.... well, you know what I mean!!

Dunc said:
I think most fans are pretty indifferent as to the machinations in the boardroom, to be honest. Anyway, it is a bit of a sweeping statement to make - I don't particularly subscribe to the view you espouse, but that is not to say I am not in a minority, but who knows? Without holding a referendum, we are all guessing.

webmaster said:
I'm sure Wilson is a shareholder, last figures I saw he had something like 150,000 shares.
In that case, presumably there is nothing to stop him throwing another £350k at the club if he felt like it.

Real Sharapova said:
I think most fans are pretty indifferent as to the machinations in the boardroom, to be honest. Anyway, it is a bit of a sweeping statement to make - I don't particularly subscribe to the view you espouse, but that is not to say I am not in a minority, but who knows? Without holding a referendum, we are all guessing.

Where's Jessel when you need him?

That was a JOKE - Jessel, please stay away!!

Real Sharapova said:
In that case, presumably there is nothing to stop him throwing another £350k at the club if he felt like it.

That would seem to be the case if the shares are £1 each.

Real Sharapova said:

I'm not sure how things are set up for issuing more shares, it might be that to get in he'd have to buy the shares from someone else, so the money wouldn't benefit the club.

webmaster said:
I'm not sure how things are set up for issuing more shares, it might be that to get in he'd have to buy the shares from someone else, so the money wouldn't benefit the club.
Not too sure myself, but following on from the Foxes Trusts' comments, providing it didn't take him over 10% of the issued share capital, I would have thought they would bite his arm off.

Real Sharapova said:

Apart from the fact it would be like setting fire to £350,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00