What's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jari Rantanen's Shorts said:
Read the earlier posts: he wasn't in a position to do so earlier - if you haven't got the liquid money you can't spend it.

For Pete's sake, we are in the position where somebody has gotten into the position of having the financial resources to help the club out, who has experience of running the club, and who supports the club, and the first thing you come out with is a moan for not selling everything sooner because you personally have more love for Leicester than Weetabix...

People don't become successes by making decisions of the heart, but by making good business decisions: what gives us the right to expect somebody to sell at the wrong time just to help out something that is higher on our own list of priorities?

Be grateful that there is potentially an opportunity for someone to help our club now, rather than feeling you somehow have a right to dictate how somebody manages their assets :018: :icon_roll

My gut feeling is that MG would represent a much better prospect than what we seem to have - that said its difficult to judge the present bunch because they have such an insipid and anonymous image apart from the occasional forays with the media/ supporters from an executive, TD , and some Greek chorus type commentary from the FT (who come from a cultural position which IMO has nothing to do with a results driven business).

If poss. lets get someone in who has a bit of brass and knows about football.

Redditch Fox said:
My gut feeling is that MG would represent a much better prospect than what we seem to have - that said its difficult to judge the present bunch because they have such an insipid and anonymous image apart from the occasional forays with the media/ supporters from an executive, TD , and some Greek chorus type commentary from the FT (who come from a cultural position which IMO has nothing to do with a results driven business).

If poss. lets get someone in who has a bit of brass and knows about football.

Well, when we next see MG we will directly ask him as we have stated earlier on this thread, but in the meantime fans should not dream about millions of pounds becoming available soon & concerntrate on the reality of our current position.

Chrysalis said:
Agreed MG time at chairman was a successful era for our club he cannot be blamed for elsom's mistakes and I believe the reason why he didnt invest more at the admin stage was because he couldnt be chairman.

If he offered to buy out the club and of course invest it would be criminal to turn him down given his past experience and resources he provides.

The entire board have to sanction spending, so it's not correct to pin it all on one guy & MG was part of that team

Foxes_Trust said:
Well, when we next see MG we will directly ask him as we have stated earlier on this thread, but in the meantime fans should not dream about millions of pounds becoming available soon & concerntrate on the reality of our current position.

I dont think anybody is getting carried away, it is a rumour that at present remains unsubstantiated. Until MG publicly declares his desire to invest or bid for ownership then it will remain a pipe dream.

You ask for us to concentrate on te reality of our current situation, what is that situation bearing in mind at present it is very difficult to actually find out what is really going on ?

Foxes_Trust said:
In terms of financial security the club are ok, have an agreed overdraft facility with their bank which hasn't been breached.

However Tim Davies revealed at our AGM that the £1 million coming our way as Wigan will stay up is already swallowed up covering the shortfall in match ticket sales this season.

Given the parachute payment will now be ended, this cuts a further £2 million off the revenue for next season. The original plan for the Tigers ground share would have easily offset this in a mixture of shared costs saved & revised payment terms for the stadium finance arrangement.

With the majority of the remaining players contracts having 2 years+ to run, it does indicate very limited transfer activity in the summer & the increased liklihood of selling a player(s) which would attract a good fee.

Bringing in a new manager still under contract would also further dent finances.

As above posted earlier PFKAKTF

Sounds like we need to do a crewe until some unforseen event occurs and that is sell a player or 2 each year to balance the books and sell more if new ones are to be brought in.

lazzer said:
not too bright then :icon_roll

Well I was expecting it to be honest. People will moan when a player leaves, but if people hadn't been so against other money saving things ie. tigers, birch etc there wouldn't be a need.

From what I can see we must still be in a better position than the majority of teams in this division. Whilst we continue to attract 20k+ crowds our budget will remain strong in this division. Only bettered by the small number of teams with a benefactor, higher average gate and those on parachute payments.

Duzza said:
From what I can see we must still be in a better position than the majority of teams in this division. Whilst we continue to attract 20k+ crowds our budget will remain strong in this division. Only bettered by the small number of teams with a benefactor, higher average gate and those on parachute payments.

true and a new kit for next season grr they should have enough funds too spend ,cost me a bloodyload for new shirts x 7 so there for 7 shirts @ 39.99 = 279.93 just on my lot :099: ,take say £79.00 off for making the tops ,anther £10 for shop staff and runing costs that = £190.00 from thev sale of 7 tops ,anyone care to work out 20k+ shirts :icon_lol:

newtonfox said:
true and a new kit for next season grr they should have enough funds too spend ,cost me a bloodyload for new shirts x 7 so there for 7 shirts @ 39.99 = 279.93 just on my lot :099: ,take say £79.00 off for making the tops ,anther £10 for shop staff and runing costs that = £190.00 from thev sale of 7 tops ,anyone care to work out 20k+ shirts :icon_lol:

£3.8 million, but I am sure not that much is generated. :confused: ;) :icon_wink

Steven said:
£3.8 million, but I am sure not that much is generated. :confused: ;) :icon_wink

We'll pay significantly more than £11 for the tops - we're not making them remember we're buying them from the supplier - JJB.
For an RSP OF £39.99 the wholesale price (what the retailer pays) is £21.30 + vat.
We may get a discount on that but it won't be that much as JJB will negotiate that they've already paid us for the right to sell the kits in the initial agreement - would also question whether we sell 20k shirts as well...?

It would be wonderful if we had a bit of financial backing, even if MG simply bought the stadium for LCFC and we didn't have to worry about the repayments...but, as the Foxes Trust have made very clear, we should concern ourselves at the moment only with financial reality. And in the words or Rob Kelly, 'lets let the future take care of itself'. Whatever will be will be.

SilverFox said:
It would be wonderful if we had a bit of financial backing, even if MG simply bought the stadium for LCFC and we didn't have to worry about the repayments...but, as the Foxes Trust have made very clear, we should concern ourselves at the moment only with financial reality. And in the words or Rob Kelly, 'lets let the future take care of itself'. Whatever will be will be.

i agree with you in the whole but ..... its ok for the trust to play things down ,should we be worried i have 3 thing i would love to know

1. is all the wigan money spoke for ??

2. will will have to sell players to bring new faces in ???

3.if 1 and 2 are correct why???

at the end of the day dose that not come down to bad management money side of things ,maybe be they set there sights too high and now we are feeling the back lash of it ,i dont know will we have to wait and see:102:

player that should go if anyone want them are hamill ,momo,willams
only thing is ,is there a club willing to pay for them willams maybe the other 2 im not sure

newtonfox said:
i agree with you in the whole but ..... its ok for the trust to play things down ,should we be worried i have 3 thing i would love to know

at the end of the day dose that not come down to bad management money side of things ,maybe be they set there sights too high and now we are feeling the back lash of it ,i dont know will we have to wait and see:102:

only thing is ,is there a club willing to pay for them willams maybe the other 2 im not sure
I would guess:
1. Yes, attendances are lower than predicted, we bought Hume and Fryatt and have had to pay Levein and his team off.
2. Yes.
3. See 1.

newtonfox said:

Like any business we put together a plan for the next trading period i.e this season........

A lot of what goes in are forecasts and all businesses live and die to a certain extent in how good these are.
I would assume in our case we have sold less season tickets than forecast and our gates are siginificantly down on initial projections, This will effect sales of refreshments (yes I know), the club shop , programmes etc etc

Our poor financial performance is directly equal to our poor performance on the pitch it's as simple as that. The board have put together a plan based on us achieiving a certain position and therefore a certain degree of support and that has been the failure.

Everyone has rightly criticised Sunderland for far too prudently mananging the finances of their club and forecasting relegation. What would you sooner have.......

Last edited:
Jari Rantanen's Shorts said:
Read the earlier posts: he wasn't in a position to do so earlier - if you haven't got the liquid money you can't spend it.

For Pete's sake, we are in the position where somebody has gotten into the position of having the financial resources to help the club out, who has experience of running the club, and who supports the club, and the first thing you come out with is a moan for not selling everything sooner because you personally have more love for Leicester than Weetabix...

People don't become successes by making decisions of the heart, but by making good business decisions: what gives us the right to expect somebody to sell at the wrong time just to help out something that is higher on our own list of priorities?

Be grateful that there is potentially an opportunity for someone to help our club now, rather than feeling you somehow have a right to dictate how somebody manages their assets :018: :icon_roll

My point is not a moan it is a statement of fact. MG is not a young man he is 63/64 and by my understanding has been in a position to invest significantly in the past but has decided against it.

If the situation is different now and he is willing to buy the club and invest £5m plus in new players then great, but if he simply wants to buy the club and run it under roughly the same financial conditions then personally I would rather stick with the current ownership structure, who as I have commented before are doing an OK job in difficult circumstances.

A sugar daddy, similar to Jack Walker at Newcastle, represent every fans christmas and birthday roled into one and I believe would be welcomed by all. But football is littered with football clubs who have been destroyed by so called saviours who have turned out to be anything but.

1966 said:
A sugar daddy, similar to Jack Walker at Newcastle, represent every fans christmas and birthday roled into one and I believe would be welcomed by all. But football is littered with football clubs who have been destroyed by so called saviours who have turned out to be anything but.

I suspect Blackburn fans will be surprised to hear that!

Real Sharapova said:
John Walker at Newcastle, was it not?;)

Or even, Sir John Hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00