What's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foxes_Trust said:
Well, when we next see MG we will directly ask him as we have stated earlier on this thread, but in the meantime fans should not dream about millions of pounds becoming available soon & concerntrate on the reality of our current position.

Fair enough - but I think the main thing is to have a governance structure for the club that enables a potential serious 'investor(s)' to come in.

I use the term 'investor' understanding that there is no likelihood of them making any money and it's really an agreement that they chuck some money at the club and get the satisfaction of bring Mr Big and the reflected glory from some success on the field.

Such people and egos do turn up from time to time.

The above seems a bit preferable to the limp along model that we have now.

Real Sharapova said:
No, he's screwed them for every penny they've got.

That might be a matter of opinion. But I don't recall a John Walker in relation to Newcastle United; nor can I google a reference to it.

I am reminded however that it was a John Walker who invented the safety match in my home-town of Stockton-on-Tees.

Duzza said:
From what I can see we must still be in a better position than the majority of teams in this division. Whilst we continue to attract 20k+ crowds our budget will remain strong in this division. Only bettered by the small number of teams with a benefactor, higher average gate and those on parachute payments.

That is certainly true & with the players having had a season together now, we should be able to kick on next season

Fox From The Hudd said:
We'll pay significantly more than £11 for the tops - we're not making them remember we're buying them from the supplier - JJB.
For an RSP OF £39.99 the wholesale price (what the retailer pays) is £21.30 + vat.
We may get a discount on that but it won't be that much as JJB will negotiate that they've already paid us for the right to sell the kits in the initial agreement - would also question whether we sell 20k shirts as well...?

Also got to remember they are currently being flogged at £10 with a trade in, so that can't provide a profit.

The one year kit cycle was a poor decision

Foxes_Trust said:
Also got to remember they are currently being flogged at £10 with a trade in, so that can't provide a profit.

Going with JJB was a poor decision believe me..........

Foxes_Trust said:

You can now get a GUDJONSSON 16 shirt for £15. My reckoning, allowing for printing, that values the shirt at MINUS £1.50.

Says it all!

Redditch Fox said:
Fair enough - but I think the main thing is to have a governance structure for the club that enables a potential serious 'investor(s)' to come in.

I use the term 'investor' understanding that there is no likelihood of them making any money and it's really an agreement that they chuck some money at the club and get the satisfaction of bring Mr Big and the reflected glory from some success on the field.

There are numerous examples where this has proved disasterous
- as the 'saviour' has had no business sense and gets carried away with their own ego, does Risdale rings any bells?
- investor enjoys playing big shot for a few years, gets board & walks away
- owner thinks he is a better manager than the one he has employed and no-one can stop him, remember Ron Noades

The club put these constraints in for all the right reasons

bocadillo said:
You can now get a GUDJONSSON 16 shirt for £15. My reckoning, allowing for printing, that values the shirt at MINUS £1.50.

Says it all!

Agreed - let's hope JJB will consider re-negotiating the deal as it would benefit all parties

Foxes_Trust said:
Agreed - let's hope JJB will consider re-negotiating the deal as it would benefit all parties

I've dealt a great deal with JJB and believe me they only negotiate when it suits them.

Win win does not feature on their bullshit bingo card!!!!!:018:

Duzza said:
From what I can see we must still be in a better position than the majority of teams in this division. Whilst we continue to attract 20k+ crowds our budget will remain strong in this division. Only bettered by the small number of teams with a benefactor, higher average gate and those on parachute payments.

Well that depends on what our mortgage repayments are really!!

Foxes_Trust said:
many times, but the side we have next season will be very close to the one we have now

How do you know that? You can't....offers may come in for players close season that we can't turn down.We don't even know who will be Manager next Season let alone who will be playing.

Redditch Fox said:

I don't agree that the current structure is "limp along" but I would agree that if benefactors are there and want to invest substantially in the club then they should be able to run it, with the ownership residing with the existing shareholders (Barcelona ?).

Their investment however would need to be ringfenced in some way that ensures that they could not just walk away and leave the club facing financial difficulties, because the operating costs have been raised too high.

Is this thread still going!!!! Tut.

Babylon said:
Is this thread still going!!!! Tut.

When did you graduate from the University of the Bleeding Obvious?

1966 said:
I don't agree that the current structure is "limp along" but I would agree that if benefactors are there and want to invest substantially in the club then they should be able to run it, with the ownership residing with the existing shareholders (Barcelona ?).

I doubt if anyone with serious money to 'invest' would buy that arrangement.

Also - if this club isn't being run on a 'limp along' model, i don't know what is.
Clearly, the club is seriously strapped for cash and looking at cut backs. The playing strength is already weak in numbers alone. The best player is already committed to leaving the club this summer.The way seems to being prepared for parting with at least one other marketable player.

It's not a question of blame - its one of economics.

Let's get real - the club only raised just enough cash to come out of administration; revenue projections are down reflecting poor results over an extended period; the stadium is in hoc......you don't have to be an Alan Sugar to work out that this is not exactly a buoyant situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  614
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Newcastle611
6Chelsea510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58