when would you accept a groundshare arrangement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feriol

As requested i'll give this a dedicated thread.

In what state would the club need to be in before you would accept a groundshare arrangement?

Only if we were told that the receivers were called in, the club would be officially bankrupt and would no longer exist.

To then be told that sharing with the Tigers would save us, I would gratefully accept it

Last edited:
lazzer said:
now if it meant more money to improve the squad

Short-term gain for long-term pain.

I would agree to share with the Tigers if we no longer had our own ground to play at. I would then move into their ground if it was the only way that we could continue to exist.

bocadillo said:
Short-term gain for long-term pain.

I would agree to share with the Tigers if we no longer had our own ground to play at. I would then move into their ground if it was the only way that we could continue to exist.

why is it?
if our quality improved and we got promoted we could stay there for 20 years :102:

lazzer said:
now if it meant more money to improve the squad

i would agree with this. in my view, owning half the stadium is better than not owning any of it.

then if we were able to stay in the Premier league for a while, we could perhaps consider either moving on ourselves, or write into the contract a buy out clause from the tigers, so we could buy them out.

From the tigers point of view, they would benifit in the short term, and enable them to save for new facilities.

from our point of view this would improve our financial posistion in the short term and be a realistic sacrifice. (IMO)

Last edited:
lazzer said:
why is it?
if our quality improved and we got promoted we could stay there for 20 years :102:
You're an experience guy Lazzer, do you really think they would use any money saved to strengthen the squad?

They have strengthened the squad this year without the groundshare.

I would agree with you, if they said "dramatically" increase the playing squad with an influx of premier league stars. But it aint gonna happen

lazzer said:
why is it?

But that is not a certainty. There is no certainty that a promotion would lead to 20 years of success. How much money would a ground-share release for players? How do you think that piffling sum compares with what the big, big clubs are spending on player?

During my time supporting City, I have experienced 2½ of our most successful ever periods but none of them lasted for anything like 20 years.

On the other hand, a ground shared is a ground shared for ever.

Feriol said:
i would agree with this. in my view, owning half the stadium is better than not owning any of it.

But what would happen if we couldn't maintain our finances at a level where we could afford our half. Presumably you wouldn't mind selling half of that to the Tigers because after all is said and done, owning a quarter of a stadium is better than not owning any of it.

Feriol said:
then if we were able to stay in the Premier league for a while, we could perhaps consider either moving on ourselves, or write into the contract a buy out clause from the tigers, so we could buy them out.

As already stated, a bit more money does not guarantee a longer stay in the Prem - it doesn't even guarantee getting to the Prem. Why would the Tigers be interested in selling Welford Road if there was a clause in the contract for the Walkers that meant we could make them homeless?

Feriol said:
From the tigers point of view, they would benifit in the short term, and enable them to save for new facilities.

Funny then that there was no talk of that being their intention when the matter was discussed a little while ago.

Feriol said:
from our point of view this would improve our financial posistion in the short term and be a realistic sacrifice. (IMO)

Thank goodness for those three little letters. I thought you were stating that as a fact for one moment there!

Feriol said:
As requested i'll give this a dedicated thread.

In what state would the club need to be in before you would accept a groundshare arrangement?
The state we are in now. However, as has been mentioned elsewhere, the general consensus is the the Tigers are not keen at all, so I don't think people should get their knickers too twisted on such a hot and humid day.;)

bocadillo said:
But what would happen if we couldn't maintain our finances at a level where we could afford our half. Presumably you wouldn't mind selling half of that to the Tigers because after all is said and done, owning a quarter of a stadium is better than not owning any of it.

As already stated, a bit more money does not guarantee a longer stay in the Prem - it doesn't even guarantee getting to the Prem.

in our current situation we are never going to own any of the stadium, our chairman has said that the debt is getting bigger

Why would the Tigers be interested in selling Welford Road if there was a clause in the contract for the Walkers that meant we could make them homeless?

Funny then that there was no talk of that being their intention when the matter was discussed a little while ago.

i was saying what terms under which i would find it acceptable (see thread title) i made no comment as to its likelyhood

Thank goodness for those three little letters. I thought you were stating that as a fact for one moment there!

they were added in the edit, this thread is about opinions afterall.......

Feriol said:
in our current situation we are never going to own any of the stadium ...

Is this a bad thing?

Forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't the pitch be all ripped to shit if we were to share? I cant see many players wanting to come here and play on that week in and week out.....recipe for injury I would think.:102:

id only groundshare if there came a day where next saturday i wouldnt be able to watch my beloved city because they would be no more.

ive said it many times before but i remember about 5-10 years ago when the fans where the only people left in the game who wernt interested in the money side of football, now i appreciate that to a certain extent we have to be aware as fans of the money but not to this point. i love watching city, not because they are a great side, but because i love them, and having millions to spend isnt a condition of my support. i couldnt give a feck if we never have enough money to buy the next ade akinbiyi.

if i couldnt afford my rent but the mortgage company said i could share my house with the toffy nosed family down the road id tell them to bollox, there isnt enough room in the kitchen and im not sharing my bed, or my pitch.

As leicester city weve had our noses rubbed in all kind of shit but every real fan of this club can always walk with their head held high and remember that we are leicester city and that only leicester city counts. as i said earlier leicester tigers are nothing to do with us what so ever, there is no link no relationship that would want me to share my ground that we earnt through our past glory and achievments with them anymore than the sheep shaggers down the road.

forever we have played at two different grounds and in a city like leicester their is room for 2 big stadia as this will attract outside business. but what am i on about as i said earlier feck the money side this is about pride and the whole reason we support city.

everyone supports city for a different reason but one thing is certain and always should remain, we all worship in the same church

Feriol said:
if we continue to sink further into debt because of it then yes i think it is.

I'll ignore the obvious "why" reply and raise you a "what happens if we start to share the ground and continue to go further into debt?"

What happens if we share and tigers fall into the shit and cannot maintain thier half of the deal?

bocadillo said:
I'll ignore the obvious "why" reply and raise you a "what happens if we start to share the ground and continue to go further into debt?"
I don't understand the " why " - the debt will always increase whilst we are in the Champo, as our cashflow won't allow higher repayments.

Boy Genius said:
What happens if we share and tigers fall into the shit and cannot maintain thier half of the deal?
I would assume that we would be able to buy their half share out, as would they if the position were reversed.

If we get promoted this season, we'll look back and say "thank fukk we didn't submit ourselves to that stupid fukking idea"

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69