Where To From Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And where do we go from here
Which is the way that's clear

Where to from here? We prey: they play. With luck, we will stay in the Championship and Holloway gets a summer to put together his squad. The situation should be reviewed Nov/Dec. If there is not real progress - not, necessarily that we lead the division, but we should be at the very least challenging for a top six position - then, we change manager. Whatever you think of Holloway, he has experience at this level and I cannot see us getting a better manager at the moment.
We have been down the change the manager line; and it doesn't work.

Where to from here? We prey: they play. With luck, we will stay in the Championship and Holloway gets a summer to put together his squad. The situation should be reviewed Nov/Dec. If there is not real progress - not, necessarily that we lead the division, but we should be at the very least challenging for a top six position - then, we change manager. Whatever you think of Holloway, he has experience at this level and I cannot see us getting a better manager at the moment.

You have to think like Milan about the manager he will change them untill we have the right man ,so far i think he is lossing faith in IH

If the 1 win in 5 games with 4 losses continues, the answer is the one Newts gave earlier.

Ive been with Melts on this for sometime, regarding Ollie. He has done nothing in my eyes to convince me hes the future for our club.

Instead of wading into the players (like Paul Jewell did to Derby yesterday), he was moaning about 'bad luck', again. He then tried to convince anybody who would listen, that the players were giving there all, and he couldn't fault them.

If Steve Walsh was in charge those players would be waking up today with perforated ear drums. Hes Leicester through and through and hates to see us lose, all i see with the bunch we have here at the moment are employees with no heart.

I'm not saying get Walsh in, I'm just stating the obvious, THE CLUB HAS NO HEART.

THIS IS HIS SQUAD !!!!!!!!!

Experience at this level ... yeah, he's been relegated with one team and achieved promotion with ... um let me think .. oh yea ... nobody !!!!

THIS IS HIS SQUAD !!!!!!!!!

Experience at this level ... yeah, he's been relegated with one team and achieved promotion with ... um let me think .. oh yea ... nobody !!!!

That's right: let's get Arsne Wenger in; I hear that he is desperate to come to Leicester. At the moment, we are, and have been for several seasons, a team struggling to avoid first division football. I think that we're lucky to get Holloway.
As to the squad being his, I think that is a trifle exaggerated: Holloway has made it more than clear that he was hoping to sign more accomplished wingers, with the Hungarians as back up. He has also been clear about his rule of, at least one out for every player in which, must also make it difficult to make all the required changes within 31 days but, does ensure that unwanted players have been moved on.

I find it hillarious that certain people think a few months is 'giving a manager time'

You have all fallen into the horrible trap that Milan is in, and it is that trap that has landed us where we are now.

But **** it, back to the drawing board we go, who's this manager who will magically allow us to go 15 games unbeaten, lets get him in.

Billy Davies. If not I would prefer to struggle with IH and hope we stay up. If we stay up have another look at the situation in the Summer. :icon_conf

Thanks to you Lako. Honestly, it's unreal the expectation on here. We are a club in absolute chaos due to the period since Adams' spell here...We just need to settle down and take the rough with the smooth while the transaction happens. Really disappointed with our away form now mind, very poor.

Thanks to you Lako. Honestly, it's unreal the expectation on here. We are a club in absolute chaos due to the period since Adams' spell here...We just need to settle down and take the rough with the smooth while the transaction happens. Really disappointed with our away form now mind, very poor.

I'm not sure that I can remember a comparable period when the club has been becalmed for so many seasons just above the second tier relegation zone.

I don't know where you get the "chaos" bit from - my take is that new players must arrive and find a culture which is about low expectations rather than high expectations.

I'm sure you are right that chopping and changing is generally unhelpful....but are we sure that Holloway is the right manager to get us back on track. I find him totally unconvincing - I just hope that he makes more sense on the training ground than in his interviews, media statements etc.

Question ... how come the reserves can win on a regular basis and the kids but not the supposed first team ?

Question ... how come the reserves can win on a regular basis and the kids but not the supposed first team ?

It must be because Ian Holloway isn't incharge of those teams.

My fear about Ollie is that he could just be a quirky, likeable, lower division manager. I wouldn't be surprised if that is more or less the way he saw his image - and when interviewed after his appointment, he seemed particularly excited that an appointment to a 'bigger' club might change things for him.

As you say, we have to stick (or are stuck) with him because it's difficult to see anyone betterbeing recruitable by Milan at the moment and also because, to be fair, he hasn't yet had a reasonable chance. However, the fact that Chris Coleman was willing to sign up for Coventry but apparently didn't fancy the Leicester job tells us something.

Too right Redditch. If IH was sacked who would come worth having. MM does not get on well with managers even when they do as well as harry Redknapp.

I heard it was Portsmouth that sacked MM,not vice versa, and I believe it.

IH lack the tactical knowledge or intellect to get a team promoted.

Yesterday when it was clear for all to see that things needed to be changed he left it until we were 2-0 down before bringing on Barry Hales. Not only was this the wrong substitution, but it was at the wrong time and left 4 strikers on the pitch who had no service.

Furthermore the performance of Clapham yesterday was unacceptable, yet he remained on because he's IH's mate.

Howard doesn't warrant a starting position as he's failed to impress in virtually all of the games of seen.

Hume isn't a winger, and given that I know this, IH knows it and so does every other person in Leicester why did he leave our only right winger out of the squad? That meant we couldn't replace Hume despite his incredibly poor performance!

How many times are we going to have to see half time subs? This is nothing else shows that IH doesn't seem to know what a good team is. It shows he doesn't know our best 11, and I think it shows that he doesn't know his players.

Question ... how come the reserves can win on a regular basis

The reserves aren't doing that well. They're 6th in a league with twelve teams in it. But seven of the teams are from lower divisions, so they should be higher than they are.
Forest are running away with the league:

1 Nottingham Forest 13 37
2 Coventry City 16 24
3 Walsall 14 23
4 Stoke City 13 23
5 West Bromwich Albion 13 21
6 Leicester City 14 21
7 Wolverhampton Wanderers 14 21
8 Port Vale 12 20
9 Shrewsbury Town 16 18
10 Bradford City 13 10
11 Huddersfield Town 13 6
12 Oldham Athletic 11 5

The reserves aren't doing that well. They're 6th in a league with twelve teams in it. But seven of the teams are from lower divisions, so they should be higher than they are.
Forest are running away with the league:

1 Nottingham Forest 13 37
2 Coventry City 16 24
3 Walsall 14 23
4 Stoke City 13 23
5 West Bromwich Albion 13 21
6 Leicester City 14 21
7 Wolverhampton Wanderers 14 21
8 Port Vale 12 20
9 Shrewsbury Town 16 18
10 Bradford City 13 10
11 Huddersfield Town 13 6
12 Oldham Athletic 11 5

Only 3 points of 2nd with 2 games in hand?

Not that it really matters,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670