Which club would you most like to see get relegated?

Which club would you most like to see get relegated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arent Pompey moving to a new 36,000 all-seater next season?

edit: no apparently, theyre just starting construction at the start of next season

edit2: no apparently, its been postponed and theyre just building on Fratton Park to make it into a 30k capacity one

Last edited:
Arent Pompey moving to a new 36,000 all-seater next season?

edit: no apparently, theyre just starting construction at the start of next season

edit2: no apparently, its been postponed and theyre just building on Fratton Park to make it into a 30k capacity one

Thats because Portsmouth are dreaming if they think they can manage 36000 fans.

id go along with that, either them or moyes imo, i like hodgson

Moyes and Hodgson for me.

Moyes has transformed that club from regular relegation fodder to top 6 certainties. Excellent job and i hope they win the FA Cup as they deserve to win summat. They don't have half the money some of them do yet there always there or there abouts.

Hodgson has done an amazing job. I was laughing my head off when they first appointed him. Not anymore. He's made them hard to beat but he's also made his players more noticable. Hangeland won't stay with them. Too good.

Good mentions for Pulis, Bruce and O'Neill too. I'd even stick Harry Redknapp in there too as he has transformed spurs.

Everton finished 5th last year and are set to finish 6th this year, the FA Cup is not part of the Premier League. So although he has done a fantastic job over a number of years, to call Moyes Premiership manager of the year is ludicrous. You may as well give someone who's hardly played "player of the year" just because they did a good job 5 years a go, oh wait...

And what more does Pulis need to do to be recognised ahead of him? hes taken pre-season relegation certainties to mid-table instead of actually taking his team down a place in the league.

Last edited:
I think Newcastle are ****ed if they get relegated.

I read somewhere that their chairman would have to put in about £80 million next season if they got relegated just to stay solvent, because of the loss of the Prem money ( apparently they would get £11.2 million parachute next season if relegated ), the fall in gate and sponsorship receipts, and the fact they were so bigheaded none of the players has relegation clauses written in their contracts to effect a reduction in wages. OK some players will move on, but a hell of a lot won't. I would love it, absolutely love it, if they went down.

Was there ever any official confirmation of that supposed threat? it just seems to be one of those urban myths spouted by Leicester fans...

Sorry - I missed both this and Jeff's reply.

You might like to read this BBC report from the time of the publication of Kelly's book.

Kelly, who was forced to quit the FA last year, had harsh words in his book, Sweet FA, about the Newcastle striker, in particular for his reaction after being charged with misconduct for kicking Leicester's Neil Lennon at the end of the 1997-98 season.

[...]

In his book, Kelly writes that Shearer threatened to withdraw his services for the 1998 World Cup over the Lennon affair.

And that Hoddle said he'd step down as England coach if Shearer didn't go the World Cup?

I'm not 100% sure on that, I know I read it somewhere, and let's face it, if it wasn't true in today's atittude of threatening to sue folks then surely a fuss would've been kicked up over it at the time?

I thought it was McMenemys book though, as I can't remember reading Kelly's book.

Last edited:
I think it was also in McMeneny's autobiography?
And that Hoddle said he'd step down as England coach if Shearer didn't go the World Cup?

I'm not 100% sure on that, I know I read it somewhere, and let's face it, if it wasn't true in today's atittude of threatening to sue folks then surely a fuss would've been kicked up over it at the time?

You'll have to hope McMenemy doesn't sue you for spelling his name wrong.

im just starting to get the feeling, West Brom could stay up, yknow :icon_eek:

Chance on Monday for Boro or Newcastle to turn the heat right up on Hull with a win

This is another particularly daft poll. Which club would I most like to see relegated? Answer: Man U. But that just ain't going to happen this season or in any forthcoming season in the foreseeable future.

What I do know is that Hull City have been in a kind of freefall since the end of last Autumn which has looked terminal for some time. Albion have left it too late but all credit to them for battling on long after the fat lady has sung - and Newcastle and Middlesborough have their relegation play off tomorrow night. It is the most interesting and macabre game of the season. I think Newcastle have a slightly stronger playing resource than Boro and are at home - so they shouldn't lose on paper. But the game is being played on grass so who knows.

Newcastle. Shearer is a ****.

Big club my arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673