Whisper it folks but.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
If MM gets 75% of the shares then he is able to do a rights issue - putting more of his money into the club in new shares and effectively diluting the holding of the other shareholders. As soon as the other shareholders are "diluted" down to 10% he then has outright control.

Thats what it said on Radio Leicester anyway.

Foxpodder

This would be a very good thing - the more of his own money he puts into the club the better.

Although, of course, the other shareholders also have the right to buy more shares...

What makes you think the shareholders could have got £1 for their shares?

I know MM initially said shareholders would get all their money back, but the latest indication is that the official bid is nowhere near that much.

the latest indication my arse, no one really knows at this point in time other than the shareholders (maybe not even most of them at this stage) and mm and the odd accountant involved. If he was to do it the other way they would definitely get less than if they took the money now.

the latest indication my arse, no one really knows at this point in time other than the shareholders (maybe not even most of them at this stage) and mm and the odd accountant involved. If he was to do it the other way they would definitely get less than if they took the money now.

The indications are ( he said speaking quietly to avoid betraying a confidence ) that even if the club were to perform well over the short to medium term, the offer to shareholders will be, err, not much.

The indications are ( he said speaking quietly to avoid betraying a confidence ) that even if the club were to perform well over the short to medium term, the offer to shareholders will be, err, not much.

no offence to you rs but I couldnt really give a toss tbh. I dont care what they get or dont get anymore, I shall just be glad when they are gone. and either MM or someone else takes over this absolute shambles of a feckin set up.
Also I am not believeing anything anyone says about the takeover until it is done one way or another. Going back to the start of this thread Bob hazell who usually seems to be a reliable source seems to have let us doen so far but I spose by saying it is done and dusted it could have meant at anytime

Also I am not believeing anything anyone says about the takeover until it is done one way or another. Going back to the start of this thread Bob hazell who usually seems to be a reliable source seems to have let us doen so far but I spose by saying it is done and dusted it could have meant at anytime

I agree...but Ifear it could be another 'Neil Lennon' moment for Bob :icon_conf

no offence to you rs but I couldnt really give a toss tbh.

Me neither A-Z.;) I'm just wondering if it will be enough to win over the proportion of shares he wants - is he trying to get the club so cheaply he will end up not getting it at all. If that were to happen that says to me he is not the supreme businessman some might say - unless he is trying to find a way of backing out of the deal without losing face.

Going back to the start of this thread Bob hazell who usually seems to be a reliable source seems to have let us doen so far but I spose by saying it is done and dusted it could have meant at anytime

Using an old favourite, FC.....but keep the faith, my friend.

The deal I referred to is on its way.....

I still believe you Bob, even if my arse is twitching faster than Jerry's nose upon smelling Tom's knob cheese at close range :icon_wink

Me neither A-Z.;) I'm just wondering if it will be enough to win over the proportion of shares he wants - is he trying to get the club so cheaply he will end up not getting it at all. If that were to happen that says to me he is not the supreme businessman some might say - unless he is trying to find a way of backing out of the deal without losing face.

Im not a-z, although I did once have a pink shirt.:icon_redf I cna see where your coming from now on the if he goes to low they will just all tell him to **** off. interesting very very interesting.

So its not the mm deal then?

Presumably if there is a rights issue there would be nothing to stop other people buying the new shares - maybe the people who sell the 75% would use the money to buy back into the club!
Or would MM be allowed to buy them all himself without making them available to the public?

Why not have a rights issue now - with all the existing shareholders keeping their shares, allowing MM to buy enough to get to 51%?
The extra money from these shares could then go straight into building the team, rather than paying off existing shareholders.

That be fine if it means tim davies goes and milan in as chairman. The club needs a clearout in the boardroom.

I dont care what they get, and if they real fans they shouldnt care either, they had the opporutinity to make it work and have success with their own investment but failed.

The chairman and the other 2 people resigning makes me think its out of protest that they not getting enough back on their shares.

I dont care what they get, and if they real fans they shouldnt care either, they had the opporutinity to make it work and have success with their own investment but failed.

The chairman and the other 2 people resigning makes me think its out of protest that they not getting enough back on their shares.

It could be that MM has been playing games with the board, constantly changing the terms and reducing the bid, just to see what he can get away with. If I was a board member or shareholder in that situation I'd be tempted to tell him to piss off and stop wasting my time.

If I was a board member or shareholder in that situation I'd be tempted to tell him to piss off and stop wasting my time.
And you'd probably lose all of your initial investment and your football club for being so pig headed

It could be that MM has been playing games with the board, constantly changing the terms and reducing the bid, just to see what he can get away with. If I was a board member or shareholder in that situation I'd be tempted to tell him to piss off and stop wasting my time.

Time wasting....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69