Whisper it folks but.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
From The Mercury ..

Milan: Deal to be sealed this week

By Bill Anderson

Milan Mandaric expects his takeover of Leicester City to be completed by the end of this week.

The Serbian-American millionaire again ran the rule over City on Saturday and was positive that the final hurdles have been cleared.

Mandaric is confident that the issue will be put before the shareholders in the next day or so, and that the board's recommendation of acceptance will be rubber-stamped.

His own feeling is that he cannot wait to help out City and, with a clear reference to the recent changes on the board who now present a totally united front, he said: "There has been more progress in the last four days than there has been in four months. I think, and hope, we are nearly there now."

Mandaric was again warmly greeted by the City faithful, whose backing for his efforts he credits with causing him not to give up during the much-delayed process. :038: :038:

His own commitment, incidentally, was a four-hour drive through Friday night back in Serbia to get a flight to England in time to see the 1-1 draw against Luton.

The result showed him again what needs to be done and, after a glance at the league table, he would no doubt echo everyone's thoughts that being three points and four places above the drop zone, even with a game in hand, is a bit too close for comfort.

And City boss Robert Kelly, who believes his side need 16 points from the last 16 games to stay up, appears to agree as he said: "People may say we are six points better off than we were this time last year, but we are still not where we want to be and the sooner the takeover is completed the better.

"This would be a good time in the season for it to be done, with a third of the campaign left, mainly for the supporters and players because they are the most important people at any football club.

"They need to know the direction we are heading, and it is good news for them that it looks as if this is finally going to be sorted out this week."

But Thursday is soooooo far away!

Why do they seem determined to announce it on a Thursday? Is it the Serbian holy day or something? ;)

i know ;)

the top part of my post should hopefully come true

Sorry Newton, I'm not expecting anything to happen on Thursday. I cannot count the number of times now that you have hinted at it being completed, done and dusted or a done deal already and therefore am inclined not to believe anything you mention.

I really do hope it does happen this Thursday as its gone way beyond a joke how long the process has been going on for. I also hope that it does happen on Thursday for your sake or you will be in for a hell of day of abuse for yet again leading us up a path we believe to be all rosy, when in reality it is just another one of them dodgey, dark ally-ways thats covered in dog shit and used syringes!!

This press conference still on for tommorrow then Newton??

Well, according to EMT, MM will be on control of the club at the weekend and WILL be unveiled officially at a press conference on Monday.

We wait with baited breath.

I fecking hope so

But Thursday is soooooo far away!

Why do they seem determined to announce it on a Thursday? Is it the Serbian holy day or something? ;)

can I hold you to that?:icon_eek:

Sorry Newton, I'm not expecting anything to happen on Thursday. I cannot count the number of times now that you have hinted at it being completed, done and dusted or a done deal already and therefore am inclined not to believe anything you mention.

I really do hope it does happen this Thursday as its gone way beyond a joke how long the process has been going on for. I also hope that it does happen on Thursday for your sake or you will be in for a hell of day of abuse for yet again leading us up a path we believe to be all rosy, when in reality it is just another one of them dodgey, dark ally-ways thats covered in dog shit and used syringes!!

Note the words 'should' and 'hopefully'.

thanks drew :icon_cool i never said there was one i was hopeing for one ffs :icon_roll :icon_roll :icon_roll

and was taking the piss with the post in the first place if you read it right :icon_lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00