Speculation Who do you want for next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, midfielders are also expected to be involved for 90 minutes plus and some have also been known to put in a tackle.

Taarabt was probably THE key player in QPR's promotion season....

I'm with indierich on King. I'd be disappointed if he left. My only concern can be whether he fits into the system, because he can drift in and out of games sometimes. However, as Prof has pointed out, King played more defensively under NP before and did a good job there. I think he just needs the right partner.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17784337

George Boyd may be leaving P'borough, worth a punt?

He's past his best. Two seasons ago he went to Forest on loan, and failed miserably.

His team mate, Paul Taylor (scored against us at London Road recently) is also leaving, and he might be a better bet. 11 goals in 37 games for a midfielder, playing in a mediocre team, is not bad at all. Bags of energy and enthusiasm, ideal for the Championship.

He's past his best. Two seasons ago he went to Forest on loan, and failed miserably.

His team mate, Paul Taylor (scored against us at London Road recently) is also leaving, and he might be a better bet. 11 goals in 37 games for a midfielder, playing in a mediocre team, is not bad at all. Bags of energy and enthusiasm, ideal for the Championship.

I'm pretty sure he's a striker...

Sadly I think that signing Waghorn was a big mistake - but an understandable one given his performances when on loan from Sunderland. Clearly Steve Bruce was a bit more clued up than our people.

"Our people"? I'm not sure that "our people" had much to do with the signing of Waghorn. It has always seemed to me that he was bought to appease the fans who, it seemed, looked on him as some kind of answer to their prayers. Yes - the same fans who are writing their wish lists in this thread.

I wish for a better world Boc. A world where the likes of you & I can wear our shorts in peace.

I wish for a better world Boc. A world where the likes of you & I can wear our shorts in peace.

I was called an idiot in ASDA this morning, albeit a brave idiot. And just because there was a thunderstorm going on outside.

I took it as a compliment.

Titus Bramble hasn't been playing much at Sunderland either, may be worth a punt.....

He is. One of my best friends is a Peterborough fan, so I can confirm he is a striker and nothing else.

What would happen if he was ever played in a different position? Would he just wander about with a dazed expression, bumping into people trying to work out what to do in such a bizarre situation?
Is he able to tie his own bootlaces and breathe normally at the same time?

"Our people"? I'm not sure that "our people" had much to do with the signing of Waghorn. It has always seemed to me that he was bought to appease the fans who, it seemed, looked on him as some kind of answer to their prayers. Yes - the same fans who are writing their wish lists in this thread.

Well if the club starts to sign players because the fans think thy're any good, no wonder we can't achieve much.

I wonder how long it will be before the Heskey to Leicester rumours start up again.

I agree that the out of contract players should go. Mills should also be jettisoned, but who will buy him and for how much? Gallagher doesn't hit the heights consistently enough so should also be moved on. Pearson clearly doesn't rate Pantsil either but I think the club will have to reach an agreement to terminate his contract.

In:
David Norris. I'll probably get shot down for this but he'd add bite to our midfield and help protect our defense. Very experienced at this level and won't cost much.
Giles Barnes: Could probably get him for nowt so could be worth a punt though I admit it would be a gamble. Still looked quality when we player them the other week.
Robert Koren: Very good player and still only 29. Out of contract in the summer.
Peter Whittingham: I'm not sure what his contract situation. Intelligent player with a good left foot.

Clearly I think our problems lie in midfield. Marshall has great potential and Dyer is an effective squad player. We can no longer rely on Wellens as we've seen this season. Drinkwater was an excellent signing also and Danns can do a job. We need a bit more guile and strength in the middle of the park now, players who are prepared to roll their sleeves up and play for the shirt.

We also a big 'mobile' striker to give us another option. Howard is no longer the answer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570