Who Goes, Who Stays? Championship Here We Come!....

It'll be way fewer. Already we have 6 out of contract and then Madders and Barnes likely to leave. That's 8. I see one more, maybe 2.

We've shown resilience in the past in negotiation and so I actually think we'll do all we can to keep Barnes who would undoubtedly tear up this league. I also wouldn't be surprised if re-sign Evans who, if kept fit, would be highly important.

Barnes to stay, Castagne and Madders to leave IMHO.
I wouldn't keep Evan's. A very good player on his day but he's done. He wouldn't play more than half a dozen games in the Championship. Thanks for everything mate, goodbye.

I wouldn't keep Evan's. A very good player on his day but he's done. He wouldn't play more than half a dozen games in the Championship. Thanks for everything mate, goodbye.
I wouldn't be quite so harsh but the essence would be the same; we can't afford to pay his wages if he's likely to spend more time out than available. Not again anyway.

Do you think we have the capacity to replace the vast numbers you are suggesting will leave? Wages aren't the issue you're suggesting if a reduction clause kicks in.

It'll be fewer departures than some are predicting for many reasons.
It is about whether those players want to stay we will lose 6 who are out of contract, Castagne, Ndidi, Madders, Barnes will all go in my opinion, that is ten players which is a big issue for any club in any league. I hope you are right because these players are technically too good for the championship and would tear it apart.

It is about whether those players want to stay we will lose 6 who are out of contract, Castagne, Ndidi, Madders, Barnes will all go in my opinion, that is ten players which is a big issue for any club in any league. I hope you are right because these players are technically too good for the championship and would tear it apart.
Whether they want to go or not is irrelevant.

I wouldn't be quite so harsh but the essence would be the same; we can't afford to pay his wages if he's likely to spend more time out than available. Not again anyway.
It’s entirely fair. How many games did he play last season? 5?

Cost per game is exorbitant. Rodgers was basically looking after him for Northern Ireland friendlies at a time where we needed his influence more than ever. Wanker.

I hope you are right because these players are technically too good for the championship and would tear it apart.
Based on what, not beating Southampton, Blackburn and Leeds who are all Championship clubs.
We will do well to finish in the playoffs next season, we have no manager and a Forest like recruitment process coming up.

Based on what, not beating Southampton, Blackburn and Leeds who are all Championship clubs.
We will do well to finish in the playoffs next season, we have no manager and a Forest like recruitment process coming up.
Well it worked for them

When Contracts Are Ending

Youri Tielemans
Jonny Evans
Daniel Amartey
Caglar Soyuncu
Papy Mendy
Ryan Bertrand
Ayoze Perez
Tete

James Maddison
Kelechi Iheanacho
Wilfred Ndidi
Jamie Vardy
Dennis Praet
Jannik Vestergaard
Alex Smithies
Marc Albrighton
Hamza Choudhury

Harvey Barnes
Timothy Castagne
Danny Ward
Daniel Iversen

Ricardo Pereira
James Justin
Boubakary Soumare
Patson Daka

Wout Faes
Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Victor Kristiansen
Harry Souttar

When Contracts Are Ending

Youri Tielemans
Jonny Evans
Daniel Amartey
Caglar Soyuncu
Papy Mendy
Ryan Bertrand
Ayoze Perez
Tete

James Maddison
Kelechi Iheanacho
Wilfred Ndidi
Jamie Vardy
Dennis Praet
Jannik Vestergaard
Alex Smithies
Marc Albrighton
Hamza Choudhury

Harvey Barnes
Timothy Castagne
Danny Ward
Daniel Iversen

Ricardo Pereira
James Justin
Boubakary Soumare
Patson Daka

Wout Faes
Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Victor Kristiansen
Harry Souttar
2023 Group
We can (or are going) to lose them all but in reality we would only miss Youri and Cags, and neither substantially as Youri has been useless for at least 30% of the back end of the season. Cags only played the last few games too. Evans needs binning. The rest are totally irrelevant.

2024 Group
The top 5 in the group are needed but we probably will lose Maddison - our best player over the season by a mile. The rest might be ok in the championship bar Vesty who is only ok in a pub league.

2025 Group
If we can get £50 million for Barnes then I would sell but if we can’t realise that then keep him. If we have a good season and get promoted it would make sense that he would be pivotal in that, so even with a year left we could still get perhaps £35 million. A gamble.

Get shot of Ward if we get an offer and offer a two year extension to the others.

2026 Group
Sit tight and see how they perform before deciding on extensions or trying to sell them.

Forget about 2026/27 Group until the end of next season and then review again.

2023 Group
We can (or are going) to lose them all but in reality we would only miss Youri and Cags, and neither substantially as Youri has been useless for at least 30% of the back end of the season. Cags only played the last few games too. Evans needs binning. The rest are totally irrelevant.

2024 Group
The top 5 in the group are needed but we probably will lose Maddison - our best player over the season by a mile. The rest might be ok in the championship bar Vesty who is only ok in a pub league.

2025 Group
If we can get £50 million for Barnes then I would sell but if we can’t realise that then keep him. If we have a good season and get promoted it would make sense that he would be pivotal in that, so even with a year left we could still get perhaps £35 million. A gamble.

Get shot of Ward if we get an offer and offer a two year extension to the others.

2026 Group
Sit tight and see how they perform before deciding on extensions or trying to sell them.

Forget about 2026/27 Group until the end of next season and then review again.
I disagree about the others in 2023 group being 'irrelevant'. Mendy would definitely be worth keeping, and possibly Perez too. Of course, quite likely neither would be interested in staying.

I disagree about the others in 2023 group being 'irrelevant'. Mendy would definitely be worth keeping, and possibly Perez too. Of course, quite likely neither would be interested in staying.

Both have been treated with contempt in the main, so will be off like a shot

Although Perez is also complete wank, so he can **** right off

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4575
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566