who is coming in???

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcukcov

Leigh said:
That's good news about Mrs Mac.

Not so sure its good news about Reid and Mr Mac. Heard from several people that Davies denied that Reid would be appointed last night but.... :102:

Well he werent gonna say yeh we have lined up reid and macca even thoughwe havent officially got rid of cl yet, now was he.:icon_roll :) ;)

Last edited:

SilverFox

Where did this rumour regarding Tim Davies denying Peter Reid would become new manager come from?

fcukcov

SilverFox said:
Where did this rumour regarding Tim Davies denying Peter Reid would become new manager come from?
webbo at the game last night, I think, TD was in with the away fans before the match.

SilverFox

So long as it came from webbo and not my best mates cousins uncle's brothers daughters son...etc.

Lets just hope that whoever it is they can get settled in quick, and get us moving in the right direction. I think even the most ardent of Levein supporters would have to admit the situation was unacceptable!

Its sad, but that is the nature of the business.

Leigh

SilverFox said:

Davies, the Chairman and another director or two stopped at the same services as the fans on the way back from Plymouth and someone asked him whether Reid would be appointed (as per the rumour that's been going around for a few days) and Davies said no.

fleckneyfox

Dangeruss said:
how does you lot rate reid???
he will generate passion and will not chop and change the team for the sake of it,he will be loyal to the players that are doing the buisness.

Singth

I think there are are few decent candidates

Peter Reid: Not my favourite choice but could be decent for us
Nigel Clough: Young, ambitious, local and a Clough. Is it enough?
Mike Newell: My first choice before Levein came in. Would he move now?
Phil Parkinson: Colchester are flying after having him for three years.
Martin Allen: No nonsense motivator.
John Robertson/Walford: Someone said to get them in with motivator at helm. I agree (see above)
John Gregory: Hopefully this is the only time this prats name gets mentioned.
Dave Bassett: as above.
MON: Worth a phone call surely...

BOB HAZELL

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I am intrigued by Bob Hazells suggestion of Lennon for player coach, that would be fantastic, is that a hint of what might be Bob ?

In all honesty, PFKAKTF, it's highly unlikely that our board would have the foresight to opt for someone such as Lennie - no experience whatsoever, no people (coaches) with a record of working with him etc - but Lennie makes no secret of his love for LCFC, so why not???

He has worked for the master for the last 9 years of so, some of it should have rubbed off on him. Keane will take his role at Celtic, he could leave there on good terms i.e. opportunity to cut his managerial teeth and maybe return a la MON after having doen a decent job with us. Perhaps a dual role together with Gary Mac.......???

I'd like to see what Lennie himself would have to say on the matter......Maybe the Muckery/OS should send someone to interview him.....:icon_wink :icon_cool

Joe_Fox

Petdog said:
We could see 30000 plus gates for the rest of the season if Taggs and Elliott became the joint managers!

We wouldn't.

fleckneyfox

what about brian kerr the eire ex manager,knows the game and has a lot of contacts in the game..

Darth Vodka

fleckneyfox said:
what about brian kerr the eire ex manager,knows the game and has a lot of contacts in the game..

is he out of work?

No.6 Muzzy Izzet...

BOB HAZELL said:
but Lennie makes no secret of his love for LCFC, so why not???

He has worked for the master for the last 9 years of so, some of it should have rubbed off on him. Keane will take his role at Celtic, he could leave there on good terms i.e. opportunity to cut his managerial teeth and maybe return a la MON after having doen a decent job with us. Perhaps a dual role together with Gary Mac.......???

I'd like to see what Lennie himself would have to say on the matter......Maybe the Muckery/OS should send someone to interview him.....:icon_wink :icon_cool

it would be a massive leap of faith bringing Lennon in, especially at this urgent point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669