who is coming in???

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOB HAZELL said:
In all honesty, PFKAKTF, it's highly unlikely that our board would have the foresight to opt for someone such as Lennie - no experience whatsoever, no people (coaches) with a record of working with him etc - but Lennie makes no secret of his love for LCFC, so why not???

He has worked for the master for the last 9 years of so, some of it should have rubbed off on him. Keane will take his role at Celtic, he could leave there on good terms i.e. opportunity to cut his managerial teeth and maybe return a la MON after having doen a decent job with us. Perhaps a dual role together with Gary Mac.......???

I'd like to see what Lennie himself would have to say on the matter......Maybe the Muckery/OS should send someone to interview him.....:icon_wink :icon_cool

Says on the Beeb that Lennon wants the job! ;)

I'm sticking with the Lennon with Robertson and Walford plan. It's possible...but probably unlikely. If Lennon did become manager though, he might be able to entice them to come on short term deals while they wait for MON to return to the game...

Player coach, player manager, or just player, would bring the fight back we have lost in midfield

I like the idea of Lennon with all that management experience he has. just what we need in this situation! :icon_roll

Graz said:
Says on the Beeb that Lennon wants the job! ;)

I'm sticking with the Lennon with Robertson and Walford plan. It's possible...but probably unlikely. If Lennon did become manager though, he might be able to entice them to come on short term deals while they wait for MON to return to the game...
this is proberbly the most interesting choice we have had yet,i like it

what it says on the beeb:

"Neil has a special place in his heart for Leicester and he has never hidden his desire to move into management.

"But for now he is concentrating on winning the league with Celtic."

so he's surley not gonna be coming in the forseeable future. plus employing him as manger would be taking a hugh leap of faith.

Lennon is a legend. But so was McLintock before he took over.

No.6 Muzzy Izzet... said:
what it says on the beeb:

"Neil has a special place in his heart for Leicester and he has never hidden his desire to move into management.

"But for now he is concentrating on winning the league with Celtic."

so he's surley not gonna be coming in the forseeable future. plus employing him as manger would be taking a hugh leap of faith.

Lennon is a legend. But so was McLintock before he took over.

Its hardly a surprise though that his agent would say he's concentrating on Celtic though, if Lennon came out straight away and said he'd love to come to us, then the Celtic fans might not be too happy.

When I first thought of Lennon as manager I put him along with Walshie and Dublin in the 'not at the moment' bracket...but then thinking about it if we got him in as player-manager it would probably make up for his managerial inexperience as half of what we need is a leader out there on the pitch.

Still, it's probably a bit of a dream though still.

Willlow said:
I like the idea of Lennon with all that management experience he has. just what we need in this situation! :icon_roll

beggars can't be choosers

we know lennon has passion and respect

if we want league experience and good management qualities, they'er gonna be at a club already

i say gamble on lennon, it's the legacy...

clough begat o'neill and o'neill begat lennon

Leigh said:
Its hardly a surprise though that his agent would say he's concentrating on Celtic though, if Lennon came out straight away and said he'd love to come to us, then the Celtic fans might not be too happy.

When I first thought of Lennon as manager I put him along with Walshie and Dublin in the 'not at the moment' bracket...but then thinking about it if we got him in as player-manager it would probably make up for his managerial inexperience as half of what we need is a leader out there on the pitch.

Still, it's probably a bit of a dream though still.

It worked with Psycho, could work with Lennon

The way i see it we as a club started to go downhill when we failed to replace the legend that is Neil Lennon. Now is it just me or could this be fate, we havnt ever recovered, maybe the only way will be if the man himself returns?

i like this ambitious thinking and i really hope the board would seriously think about it. we need something to get the fans and the players interested again and the perfect way is to install an ambitious manager.

my choices are

lennie
walsh/and helper
gary mac
clough

i seriousy do not want an old timer like reid, DB, this kind of appointment would depress fans further. we need a new fresh and radical approach. I urge the board to use their creative capability and not their safety mechanism when appointing our new boss.

i believe this deserves it's own thread. :)

lako42 said:
i believe this deserves it's own thread. :)

:018: :018: :018: :icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_conf :eek: :icon_wink ;)

just thought the lennon idea would generate alot of comments and people will still be bringing other names up in the middle. these threads sometimes get a bit muddled up.

Sorry just over excited by the Lennon idea

and i typed that comment in nathans thread before it was merged.

Last edited:
lako42 said:
just thought the lennon idea would generate alot of comments and people will still be bringing other names up in the middle. these threads sometimes get a bit muddled up.

Sorry just over excited by the Lennon idea

and i typed that comment in nathans thread before it was merged.

fair enough justification

No.6 Muzzy Izzet... said:
it would be a massive leap of faith bringing Lennon in, especially at this urgent point in time.

Lenny is under contract until the summer and Celtic wont be keen to lose him whilst chasing the championship. His agent has said he is interested tho so maybe a stopgap a la Gordon lee to keep us up and Lenny in the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669