who is coming in???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be very interested in this idea of Lennon and Robertson, the youth policy has been really good but we have lacked a leader on the pitch- most successful young teams have one wise old head on the pitch, Lennon could be ours on and off the pitch.

And we'd probably be able to get him for free too.

maccfox said:
Lenny is under contract until the summer and Celtic wont be keen to lose him whilst chasing the championship. His agent has said he is interested tho so maybe a stopgap a la Gordon lee to keep us up and Lenny in the summer?

Would be more sensible that way. and the stop gap being Rob Kelly? We'll soon see.

Willlow said:
I like the idea of Lennon with all that management experience he has. just what we need in this situation! :icon_roll

Everyone knows it's slightly ridiculous as he ticks none of the boxes people were really looking for.

BUT... it doesn't half get the imagination runnning wild. It certainly excites me IANGWOC.

Craig Levein ticked all the boxes and that went really well didnt it. so weve found out that successful managers elswhere dont always work. look at man city thay are flying with pearce. LENNON for manager!!!!

Kind of solid rumour is that Jim Smith has an interview tomorrow.

maccfox said:
Lenny is under contract until the summer and Celtic wont be keen to lose him whilst chasing the championship. His agent has said he is interested tho so maybe a stopgap a la Gordon lee to keep us up and Lenny in the summer?
Welcome maccfox!
It'd be great to see an ex-fox take control, get some fecking passion back in the team.
Walsh is too much of a hero, I don't want him to lose that status by fecking up...
Lennon could be a good call.

MKFox said:
Welcome maccfox!
It'd be great to see an ex-fox take control, get some fecking passion back in the team.
Walsh is too much of a hero, I don't want him to lose that status by fecking up...
Lennon could be a good call.

What is this belief that ex players work out and get the teams they go back to going?!

Doesn't seem to work like that generally, if anything it usually fails.

I think it's crazy that everyone is getting so excited about Lennon, since he has no managerial experience. Has he even done any coaching? lol

Lennon with good assistants I'd take, but just Lennon on his own would be a no no for me.

Lennon/Robertson/Walford dream team though! ;) With Lennon playing as well.

Just hope people don't get too excited about Lennon, especially if it does happen, because he'd be having to deal with some stupidly high expectations I think. Saving us from relegation would be a nice start though.

I think for any manager coming in it's almost a win-win situation. If we do go down this year, the new gaffer probably won't get too much stick because it's still Levein's team and not much they could do. If they save us, they're a hero!

I think Jim Smith could save us, wouldn't mind him coming in short term.. Him being interviewed probably doesn't mean too much though. TD has said they've had a lot of interest already, and I'd imagine that with realistic people like Smith, they'd interview a lot of them to try and get the right one...

Last edited:
I still like the Lennon idea... would create a real buzz and the fans are SURE to get behind him. If he could get some experienced staff with him (Robertson or even Jim Smith) then it could well work. Plus he's the spark and experience the midfield is lacking.

Somebody said he wont have much clue about the current squad? Two of them are former teammates and he's played against the others 4 times a season! :098:

But of course... it wont happen :icon_sad:

Graz said:
I think it's crazy that everyone is getting so excited about Lennon, since he has no managerial experience. Has he even done any coaching? lol

We know it's crazy.... but it' still exciting. Don't ask me why, it just blooming is.

Babylon said:
We know it's crazy.... but it' still exciting. Don't ask me why, it just blooming is.

It is crazy, but don't get me wrong, I am still excited about the prospect of it as well ;)

Babylon said:

Works for me.. works for you and will do wonders for attendance and support. Would be bound to Fire confidence in the team too. Sounds perfect doesn't it?

So... it'll never happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670