Who should we go for now Megson has jumped ship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Who should we go for when Megson jumps ship?

They would represent an potentially excellent pairing, Clarke and Rodgers :038:

And Mourinho??? :icon_wink

My left eye

I would not be at all surprised to see Taggart offered the job, on SSN Mandaric was very complimentary about Gerry, I can see Taggart being offered the role with an experienced Director of Football or Assistant in to help mentor him. Similar to Boothroyd at Watford, who works with Keith Birkenshaw.

If Taggs does get the gig then expect to see Lennon return as player coach.

John Barber the fecking prick has just laughed at my suggestion of Kenny Jackett!! He says "Kenny who" and then they both started laughing.

Fecking sheep shagging arsehole.

On current record, the most obvious choice would be Paul Ince. Whether he would want to leave a team at the top of division 2 with a new stadium to come to us is uncertain.

The ideal scenario would be for Martin Allen to get taken on again by MK Dons and for Incey to come to us!

I would not be at all surprised to see Taggart offered the job, on SSN Mandaric was very complimentary about Gerry, I can see Taggart being offered the role with an experienced Director of Football or Assistant in to help mentor him. Similar to Boothroyd at Watford, who works with Keith Birkenshaw.

If Taggs does get the gig then expect to see Lennon return as player coach.

The more that I think about this, the more likely it seems. Taggs has fans support, keeps some continuity and allows Milan the Director of Football he clearly craves.

Re: ian holloway

He wouldn't come. He loves the West Country...

he would come i spoke to him at a wedding last sat after his game with covscum and unless he was pissed which i dont think he was he made it clear to me he would jump at the chance.
he,s worked wonders at plymouth on a very restricted budget and did the same at qpr, he deserves a chance with some money and a bigger team and i reckon could become a cult hero here given the chance.

I'll stake all of my vCash that it'll be Dowie.

I may even pop into Ladbrokes and put some real stuff on it too...

I'll stake all of my vCash that it'll be Dowie.

I may even pop into Ladbrokes and put some real stuff on it too...
yes, we need some loyalty at the club:icon_wink

what has dowie done to deserve a shot at leicester :102:

lets face it - there are plenty of better managers out there than Megson which makes it all the more incredible that Gartside wants him. i have a worry and its that there is so much bad press at the moment on radio that Gartside might have second thoughts ............... i suppose we would have to take megson back or pay off his contract. this could get messy but if it doesn't i would happily setttle for Dowie/Holloway/Ince though i would prefer a bit of experience as we need to steady the ship.

Dowie, Grayson and Little are the three names on 5Live.

Hmmm..............

Gartside might have second thoughts ............... i suppose we would have to take megson back or pay off his contract. this could get messy

The way GM has acted there's no way we'd have to take him back or pay compensation, he's effectively resigned from us by the way he acted.

Dowie, Grayson and Little are the three names on 5Live.

Hmmm..............

with the current situation at cov i would say dowie would be firm favourite.

Dowie - no

Holloway - yes

The way GM has acted there's no way we'd have to take him back or pay compensation, he's effectively resigned from us by the way he acted.
If I'm led to believe correctly, the manner of his departure this morning was pretty emphatic.

Storming out of a building normally implies you have no intention of returning.

If there's a God I would like to see his negotiations go tits-up and leave Megson trying to whore himself around clubs for free again.

I think the manner he has dealt with this is totally dishonorable; walking out on the first employer to give you a break in 18 months displays a contempt for MM, the club, the fans and the squad.

Megson is a cock.

Being a fair and reasonable person I was always willing to give Megson 10 games to prove himself. However after last nights debacle and his conduct over the last week, even as late as last night he was denying any knowledge of an approach, I hope the ginger twat chokes on his own vomit when learning that Gartside had only half heard when told that Mourinhio was Leicester manager.

As a replacement, well here we go again with the same old names plus Taggart and Walsh who seemed to be angling for the job last night. From the list of usual suspects I would find any from Ince, Grayson, Dowie, Holloway acceptable and I would like to see Taggs kept on as assisstant.

I'm already bored of the manager speculation.....

None of Worthington, Allen or Megson were hotly tipped so I really can't be bothered with the guessing.

But hang on...Mike Newell anyone? :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670