Who should we go for now Megson has jumped ship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their 'insider' who actually wrote the article in question appears to think that it is 99.9% certain. Apparently the wheels for this have been in motion since the reserve game we had with them on Monday.

I for one would be very happy with Dowie...I think he could get the best out of what we have and probably knows how to go about adding what we really need.

Also he probably already has a list of player he wants in mind. He has been waiting for months for Coventry to give him the opportunity to bring players in.

Go get him Milan.

covsupport Posted on 25/10 18:40Email this Message | Edit | Reply re: Dowie to resign in morning - from Covsupport How I hate being the barer of bad news like this. To say I'm very down about it all is an understatement. 99.9% certain it will happen.

Things have been happening since the reserve game v Leicester on Monday night and Joe Elliott has been in meetings all afternoon, trying to sort something out.

Would prefer Grayson, but certainly wouldn't be disappointed with Dowie, Tim Flowers give us some ex player from the past and bearing in mind Flowers and Taggart played in the same City side plus Gerry and Dowie were Nord Iron internationals then there is a very good chance Taggs will remain on the staff.

It's Obvious!
Martin Jol

Not really

Last edited:
Would prefer Grayson, but certainly wouldn't be disappointed with Dowie, Tim Flowers give us some ex player from the past and bearing in mind Flowers and Taggart played in the same City side plus Gerry and Dowie were Nord Iron internationals then there is a very good chance Taggs will remain on the staff.

I cant be doing with all this ex player stuff. If we go down the sentimental road then we will shoot ourselves in the foot yet again. It seems that because we have failed with managers from the 'outside' that by recruiting a popular figure from their playing days that our problems will be solved. No, no, no, if we need a morale boost from ex players lets kick the Birch out and let someone become the new face of the club. Regarding management i couldnt give a toss whether the person is old or young, black , green or white, male or female, English or foreign, so long as they can guide the good ship Leicester city back in the right direction.

The latest manager rumours according to today's press taken from BBC Gossip.

Coventry boss Iain Dowie will quit to take over at Leicester. (The Sun)

Blackpool boss Simon Grayson is in line to become the new Leicester manager to replace Gary Megson, who has left for Bolton. (Daily Mail)

The latest manager rumours according to today's press taken from BBC Gossip.

Coventry boss Iain Dowie will quit to take over at Leicester. (The Sun)

Blackpool boss Simon Grayson is in line to become the new Leicester manager to replace Gary Megson, who has left for Bolton. (Daily Mail)

Would be fairly pleased with either.

Whoever we get had better have "fans" approval. Otherwise, he'll be out on his ear, just like the ginger one.

Would much prefer Jewell
Would prefer Grayson
But as a third option (out of what might actually be available) I suppose I would be mildly content with Dowie

Don't think Jewell is an option too be honest, would be amazed if he would consider coming back into football at our circus of a football club.

Martin Ling is another name I saw linked,don't know much about him:102:
828-LINGsCARS.com.jpg

Possibly only mildly amusing if you watch Dragons' Den

Mr Mandrich go out and spend some of your vast wealth and get someone to get this club going forward.

I don't think he's spending much of his wealth on the chopping and changing of managers, it's probably all adding up in our 'debts' column :icon_conf

I don't think he's spending much of his wealth on the chopping and changing of managers, it's probably all adding up in our 'debts' column :icon_conf

Well we just made three hundred grand out of the last appointment, so that's hardly accurate, is it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669