Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Karl Robinson

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Other...Please state.

Votes: 15 18.8%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could arrange the club to be signed over to me tonight, rack up lines for me to toot off Holly Willoughby's ample bosom and pump me full of opiates and I'd still not think that Roy ****ing Keane was remotely ****ing acceptable for anything other than slurping turds out of blocked toilets with a straw from McDonalds.

What kind of braindead **** walks into a bookies and places money on him becoming the next manager?

If he is appointed someone better call over the disaster-managers from Bangkok, the exodus from Leicester will put it to shame as roads are washed away by torrents of water from the tears shed across the city.

Devestation isn't a strong enough word for how I'd feel if Keane were appointed.

I'd laugh if we got Keane. Mainly at those who were calling for Sven. The grass isn't always greener.

Devestation isn't a strong enough word for how I'd feel if Keane were appointed.

Roy Keane was a quality player and when he speaks about the game I listen. He's not right for us though and it won't happen. He's not displayed any indication that he's able to convert his excellent attitude and approach to actual managerial skills.

Roy Keane was a quality player and when he speaks about the game I listen. He's not right for us though and it won't happen. He's not displayed any indication that he's able to convert his excellent attitude and approach to actual managerial skills.

I hope you're right, but I don't get the feeling our owners really know much about football.

I hope you're right, but I don't get the feeling our owners really know much about football.

Do you really think that a naive 25 year old Thai lad is sitting in an office at the KP with loads of photos of prospective managers thinking maybe this one like some clown judge from the X Factor?

I'd be very surprised if Top has any influence over the decision. His Dad will be coordinating it all in association with Andrew Neville. There will probably also be some input from Sven and other senior football chaps to help them decide.

These Thai's are rich as feck for a reason. They've also made some excellent calls since coming here and I've no reason to think it's going to change now. Chill.

Andrew Neville is a negotiator of contracts, why do you think he will have any more say in the hiring of a manager than say, Jon Rudkin or Conrad Logan?

Andrew Neville is a negotiator of contracts, why do you think he will have any more say in the hiring of a manager than say, Jon Rudkin or Conrad Logan?

I don't, but I think he will have some input as he obviously knows a lot about the workings of the game. What makes you think they won't have hired someone with excellent manager-hiring skills to help them?

Let's face it Mandaric who also made millions in business made all appointments bar one (Pearson - recommended by Lee Hoos) for himself and Pearson was the only one who wasn't awful. It doesn't mean they know anything about football.

It doesn't matter who they've hired, Top's interviews just don't fill me with confidence and the fact that Pearson was forced out for Sousa as a fishline for them worries me greatly.

I hope I am proven greatly wrong and they hire someone who will do a great job, but if it's Keane I can't help but question any owners who think he is good enough for this job.

Last edited:
I don't want Keane as our manager because I think there are better options available. But let's not pretend that his record is anything worse than mixed. He won the title at this level with Sunderland and he kept them up in the top flight. We'd all settle for that. His performance at Ipswich wasn't good by any means, but it wasn't mind bogglingly awful either. In his only full season he finished 15th with an average sized club in a league packed full of other average sized clubs.

Is he a cock? Yes, he is. But then I don't care about that. I wouldn't have Neil Warnock as a mate but I'd have him managing my football club. Anyway, he's had success at this level and he is a big name. His appointment is plausible if not necessarily desirable.

Last edited:
He didn't keep Sunderland up, he spent millions in an attempt to keep them up then walked out when they were in a relegation stuggle, Ricky Sbragia kept them up. Much like Dowie, he lives off one promotion with another manager's team. Even if he got us up as he did Sunderland I'd be worried he couldn't keep us up and would walk out on us just like he did with the Black Cats.

He bottled it at Sunderland and was a miserable failure at Ipswich.

We do well on the promotion front with Corkonians at the helm, what with Frank O'Farrell and Alan Cork as Micky's assistant. Then there's the delicious prospect of Keano's WTF face when Sol goes on one of his runs. Other than that, I'm struggling to think of a good reason to gerrimin.

He didn't keep Sunderland up, he spent millions in an attempt to keep them up then walked out when they were in a relegation stuggle, Ricky Sbragia kept them up. Much like Dowie, he lives off one promotion with another manager's team. Even if he got us up as he did Sunderland I'd be worried he couldn't keep us up and would walk out on us just like he did with the Black Cats.

He bottled it at Sunderland and was a miserable failure at Ipswich.

He did keep them up. He had spent a full season in charge of them in the top flight and finished 15th. He left at the beginning of the following season. The Dowie comparison is a bit unfair. Dowie has managed and failed at several clubs since winning promotion with Crystal Palace, Keane has failed with only one. Anyway, as I said, I don't want him as our manager because there are better options available. But we aren't talking about a serial failure here. You would think we were from some of the comments I've seen and heard about Keane.

Would you not be extremely pissed off that he was considered the best man for the job though? I know I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669