Why Are Forest Still Relevant To Us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/8350858.stm

if this works i wonder if they will do it for our game on the 5th Dec

Probably not:icon_eek:, but it's an excellent idea, if hardly as original as claimed in the article - Wimbledon used to do this at Selhurst Park, and I can recall it being tried at Loftus Road a few years back. And Craven Cottage has had a "neutral area" (not just for families) for all but a few high-tension games ever since it was redeveloped.

Hope it's a success and spreads

'We sincerely hope the idea will catch on and lead to us eventually getting back to a situation where there is no need to segregate fans' -

What a ridiculous suggestion, there are too many pissed up idiots at football to allow this to catch on at most grounds. Only a matter of time before this idea is shot to pieces.

'We sincerely hope the idea will catch on and lead to us eventually getting back to a situation where there is no need to segregate fans' -

What a ridiculous suggestion, there are too many pissed up idiots at football to allow this to catch on at most grounds. Only a matter of time before this idea is shot to pieces.
It'll stop as soon as the first bloke yells scab and gets twatted for his troubles

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/8350858.stm

if this works i wonder if they will do it for our game on the 5th Dec

Having just completed a couple of days work in Doncaster I'm not sure some of the plebs :098:I have encountered will join in the spirit of this initiative. Perhaps as it's Family Stand type people it may be okay as some of the guys I worked with were good laughs and the one who was a Donny Rovers fan was too and has already been to The Walkers to accompany a friend of his from Ireland who is a staunch City fan and went to his very first live game last season as a treat by his family and met Filbert etc.

Last edited:
Why are forest still relevant to us?

If your at the city ground this satday, come full-time tell me the horrible bast@rds arent relevant to us then!

Inside and outside the ground there is a clear hatred between each other that will never go away.

Why are forest still relevant to us?

If your at the city ground this satday, come full-time tell me the horrible bast@rds arent relevant to us then!

Inside and outside the ground there is a clear hatred between each other that will never go away.

Not as much as the hate between us and covscum though, Forest come a poor second in that race.

Not as much as the hate between us and covscum though, Forest come a poor second in that race.

Depends on where you live in the county

I realise that you lot on the south west of Leicester see Cov as rivals but they're just a team from the West Mids to me

Depends on where you live in the county

I realise that you lot on the south west of Leicester see Cov as rivals but they're just a team from the West Mids to me

But will this be Forest's biggest crowd of the season and will they spend the whole game singing anti-Leicester songs as Cov did a couple of months back?

Last edited:
I never really cared about Forest until I had been to the Shity ground, but once I had been I saw what a bunch of grade A* tossers. So are Coventry and Derby fans but I do hate Forest as well a lot but Coventry just edge it however with Forest being close to us in the league I think this season they are our biggest rivals.

Having just been talking to my mate on MSN about Friday's match, he was already fired up for the Forest match over a month away, saying we'll thrash those bastards etc. but this has been an issue that's been bugging me for a while.

Like many, I was brought up to hate Forest. When I was a kid and first started following Leicester in the mid 90s, back when Mark McGhee had just left as our manager. Back then, I was brought up by my dad and the fans around me that Forest were our big rivals, at that time Derby were a distant second, and Wolves were also considered rivals at the time because of what had just happened with Mark McGhee and the obligatory Steve Walsh vs Steve Bull fight that would always end up happening.

Although, we moved to Hinckley when I was 7, and the Coventry influence kicked in, and the Derby rivalry seemed to become much fiercer at that time because of the endless classic games we had with them (Walshie play-off final, Iwan hat-trick, Marshall hat-trick, 4 up inside 15mins. etc.). I still considered Forest the big rival despite the fact I knew no Forest fans, knew loads of Cov fans and watched us play some classic games with Derby, simply because it was "tradition".

I think it was at that League Cup match a couple of years a go, where the Forest fans started cheering "We Only Care About Derby" to which our fans started booing and reacting in a hostile way, which made me realise how ridiculously illogical and well, embarrassing, this rivalry has become. As much as many City fans hate to admit it, we are not only a significant mile behind Derby, we have slipped behind the likes of Sheffield United now on Forest's radar.

I am well aware Forest and Leicester were big rivals in the 60s and 70s until the Clough effect kicked in and Forest's attention turned towards Derby, so I could understand why older fans would still enjoy beating Forest, but to me this rivalry has become ridiculously one-sided and depressing.

All that happens is we lose to Forest their fans get the bragging rights, but when we lose to Forest and they start bleating the "we don't care about you" line. It's win, win for Forest, they can hate us when it suited them, and it has become absolutely no fun as a Leicester fan. When our fans start trying so hard to get in on this rivalry i.e. booing their fans when they start chanting "we only care about Derby" it just becomes an embarrassing farce and makes our fans look so desperate.

So, I've come to realise that not only do I not look forward to the Forest games, I'm actually starting to dread them, it just seems like it will end up in our fans being mocked with no retort.

Like, I said, I can understand why some of the older fans still enjoy beating Forest, because of the big rivalry back in the day, and hell, they might even have been envious of Forest when they reached the dizzy heights in the late 70s and early 80s, but why nowadays, particularly for the younger fans like myself do people still cling on to this one being the big game. I don't see how our fans can get that much pleasure out of this any more. Forest fans always have the upper-hand on us and its no fun.

With Derby there have been many classic games over the past 15 years or so and with Coventry there is a much bigger reciprocality to it so you can actually get some genuine banter going with their fans, but there hasn't been a classic match or a particularly significant incident with Forest in the past 20 years, and for this reason the rivalry has waned on the Forest side, then how come it hasn't seemed to on the Leicester side?

So, why, do people, particularly of the younger generation, still consider Forest the big rivals over the likes of Derby or Coventry for the sake of tradition? It just seems illogical to me.

As a Forest fan i couldnt agree more with you post. At last one decent and sensible Leicester fan !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00