Why Youth....

Log in to stop seeing adverts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bold_fox

New Member
everyone keeps moaning that we should buy younger players, and stop bring ing in the supposed dead wood.

i think this is stupid, just because a player is below 30 years old doesn't mean that they will be a good player...

Tiatto will be quality in the championship, as will Dublin and hopefully wilcox. Macateer is a player who gives his all and will be very influencial next year.

For one we don't have the money to buy all these young quality players that you all talk about, and the players we have signed we know still have quality... Is 30-33 really that old.....

i think Micky's doing a good job, and i know that i enjoyed watching most of his signings last year. People should look at what the likes of Thatcher say about Micky and how he got his career back on track, surely we shold have more faith.


Anyone got any suggestion on who to sign who you would class as young...
 
I don't mind us signing dead wood but the only problem is...they are only here for one year (probably) so that means every Summer Micky is giong to buy 30 year olds instead of some young hopefuls who could be playing for us for 5-6 years.

I don't know of many youngsters but there must be some in the youth systems around.

8)
 
I reckon we should sign:

Christiano Ronaldo, he's really good for Portugal and has loads of skill.
Wayne Rooney, he's my favourite player and scores goals.
Freddie Ado, he's only 14 and plays in America. I wish I played football at 14!

I reckon all 3 would like to play for Leicester because we are the best team ever. I've supported them all my life, well since we won stuff, and only supported Arsenal last year because Henry plays for them. he is my favourite too.

Why doesn't Micky sign these 3 instead of McAteer and the others who are older than my dad? My dad says its because Leicester have no money and are in Division 1 so no good young players want to play for us.

I don't believe that cause I would play for Leicester for free and so I think young players would take a pay cut as well.

I'm still sad that muzzy left, he was the best.
 
Scodger Cubs said:
I don't mind us signing dead wood but the only problem is...they are only here for one year (probably) so that means every Summer Micky is giong to buy 30 year olds instead of some young hopefuls who could be playing for us for 5-6 years.

I don't know of many youngsters but there must be some in the youth systems around.

8)

We have no money to pay for younger players. I'm sure if we had more money we wouldn't be getting so many older players.

The financial situation will hopefully be much better next summer when the likes of Elliott, Scowcroft, Benjamin etc are off the wage bill, so we may have more money to spend on new players.
 
We aren't devoid of youth, Canero, Heath, Stewart, Williams, Wright would probably all make the starting 16 next year. Chill your beans as Malf once said.

8)
 
webmaster said:
Scodger Cubs said:
I don't mind us signing dead wood but the only problem is...they are only here for one year (probably) so that means every Summer Micky is giong to buy 30 year olds instead of some young hopefuls who could be playing for us for 5-6 years.

I don't know of many youngsters but there must be some in the youth systems around.

8)

We have no money to pay for younger players. I'm sure if we had more money we wouldn't be getting so many older players.

The financial situation will hopefully be much better next summer when the likes of Elliott, Scowcroft, Benjamin etc are off the wage bill, so we may have more money to spend on new players.

I would like to believe your prognosis for next summer -but wont these benefits be offset by the absence of this year's parachoute cash & won't it depend on circumstances like ST sales based on the mood of the day.

I suspect that there will be big changes within the next 12 months - I can't imagine Micky will be around then -he will either have got the push or more likely found another job. Its all about results, results ,results and unless he strikes really lucky with the geriatric policy or has something special lined up in newsignings ..... look out for the fall of autumn leaves.
 
As far as the parachute payments go I think I'm right in saying that we get 7 million for :lol: TWO years
 
lanxfox said:
As far as the parachute payments go I think I'm right in saying that we get 7 million for :lol: TWO years
It is two years but I think it's only 5.7 million. :(
 
i thought a players best years were 29/30 ?????? we have young ones to compliment the mature players (like myself) :roll: you dont want a whole bunch of kids and one old guy for a team you want a mix in the mix !! I mean who here would like to put seaman into the youth team ????????????
:roll: :lol: :wink:
 
MON came up with a blueprint that took players with no experience and turned them in City legends or at least good PL players.

Any reason why we should deviate from that plan. :shock: :? :? :!:
 
Steven said:
MON came up with a blueprint that took players with no experience and turned them in City legends or at least good PL players.

Any reason why we should deviate from that plan. :shock: :? :? :!:

Do you think you can persuade MON to come back then?
 
Steven said:
MON came up with a blueprint that took players with no experience and turned them in City legends or at least good PL players.

Any reason why we should deviate from that plan. :shock: :? :? :!:


Because O'Neill was great at finding those players, and we had more money to spend on them. :?
 
Steven said:
MON came up with a blueprint that took players with no experience and turned them in City legends or at least good PL players.

Any reason why we should deviate from that plan. :shock: :? :? :!:


HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO SAY THAT THE PLAYERS HE BOUGHT COST MONEY........ WHICH WE AINT GOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
And how many times do we have bring MON back up from the dead.

He was 1 in a million, and thats that. MA is not MON (who is?!) so you can't compare.
 
Wellard said:
We aren't devoid of youth, Canero, Heath, Stewart, Williams, Wright would probably all make the starting 16 next year. Chill your beans as Malf once said.

8)

Where is Malf :?:
 
lazzer said:
I mean who here would like to put seaman into the youth team ???????????? :roll: :lol: :wink:

webbo? :? :shock:
 
webmaster said:
Steven said:
MON came up with a blueprint that took players with no experience and turned them in City legends or at least good PL players.

Any reason why we should deviate from that plan. :shock: :? :? :!:

Do you think you can persuade MON to come back then?

Why throw away the blueprint. :roll: :wink:
 
Graz said:
Steven said:
MON came up with a blueprint that took players with no experience and turned them in City legends or at least good PL players.

Any reason why we should deviate from that plan. :shock: :? :? :!:


Because O'Neill was great at finding those players, and we had more money to spend on them. :?

I was under the impression that MA was brilliant at finding hidden talent. :roll:
 
Babylon said:
Steven said:
MON came up with a blueprint that took players with no experience and turned them in City legends or at least good PL players.

Any reason why we should deviate from that plan. :shock: :? :? :!:


HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO SAY THAT THE PLAYERS HE BOUGHT COST MONEY........ WHICH WE AINT GOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the fizzy it is a cheaper market. :wink:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Log in to stop seeing adverts

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00
9Fulham00
10Ipswich00
11Leicester00
12Liverpool00
13Manchester C  00
14Manchester U00
15Newcastle00
16Nottm F00
17Southampton00
18Tottenham 00
19West Ham00
20Wolves00
Back
Top