Will Leicester Get Promotion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will Leicester Get Promotion

i think in pearson we have a manager who won't accept complacency.

i also think we're still gelling a little as a team, and don't quite have a perfect system, as we haven't found a way to fit marshall and knockaert in the team without compromising, but we seem to have found a balance and understanding that's good enough to win games consistently in the league.

i think we're just about favourites for second, all things considered.

Last edited:

I agree about Cardiff. 10 points is a lot to piss away at this stage of the season and although they have a reputation for late season collapses in the last few seasons, I think this year they've probably learnt from their past mistakes. Watching them yesterday, they looked nothing special, but still managed a fairly comfortable away win and that was without Bellamy as well.

The fact we haven't lost by more than one goal all season still impresses me.

I have said, all along, that I did not think that we would gain promotion: however, with the addition of Wood, who looks like he has been playing with Nugent for years, I have changed my mind. This is a very poor Championship, I fear for us in the Premier League, and still do not like Nigel Pearson, but credit is due; he will do, what I did not think likely, and take us to the top division.

I have said, all along, that I did not think that we would gain promotion: however, with the addition of Wood, who looks like he has been playing with Nugent for years, I have changed my mind. This is a very poor Championship, I fear for us in the Premier League, and still do not like Nigel Pearson, but credit is due; he will do, what I did not think likely, and take us to the top division.

Did Pearson run over your dog? What's not to like??

We play expansive, entertaining football. We score lots of goals and have the best defence in the league. He's brought in a crop of young, talented players, the like of which we haven't seen for many a year. We are in the automatic promotion places and for me are the best side in the division. He doesnt court media atttention and is very professional. Pearson achieves all of this inspite of reducing our wage bill dramatically and shipping out the wasters that were a drain on the club.

Not keen on that?

Last edited:
Did Pearson run over your dog? What's not to like??

We play expansive, entertaining football. We score lots of goals and have the best defence in the league. He's brought in a crop of young, talented players, the like of which we haven't seen for many a year. We are in the automatic promotion places and for me are the best side in the division. He doesnt court media atttention and is very professional. Pearson achieves all of this inspite of reducing our wage bill dramatically and shipping out the wasters that were a drain on the club.

Not keen on that?

He's mean to Stringer in the post match; a heinous crime.

Do you go to City to watch matches TOF? I'm intrigued that's all.

I really don't know. We have a different sort of pressure now. We were chasing the top two several games ago, now we are in second and we need to maintain our slender advantage or even build upon it. For me, we have one of the most talented squads in the division but we have a lot of young men. Will this be an advantage or a disadvantage in the run in, I really don't know. Maybe our legs will last longer than others, maybe we won't be able to take the pressure. It really wouldn't surprise me to see us make the automatic spots, nor would it surprise if we ended up in the play-offs. Fingers crossed for the former.

I really don't know. We have a different sort of pressure now. We were chasing the top two several games ago, now we are in second and we need to maintain our slender advantage or even build upon it. For me, we have one of the most talented squads in the division but we have a lot of young men. Will this be an advantage or a disadvantage in the run in, I really don't know. Maybe our legs will last longer than others, maybe we won't be able to take the pressure. It really wouldn't surprise me to see us make the automatic spots, nor would it surprise if we ended up in the play-offs. Fingers crossed for the former.

we do also have experience. Morgan, Konchesky, Nugent, King and Dyer all have plenty of experience at this level or higher. We will finish second IMO but be as well if not better equipped than Cardiff.

I think it suits us being below Cardiff. Not sure why, just do.

So hoping it stays that way until the last day of the season.

Many expect you to be 4-5 points ahead of us after next 2 league matches.
Shows how bright many people are

How would you define bright?

Not really - think it'll be quite close for the next few weeks.

And better than your fans probably thinking that you'll be 7 points ahead of us in 2 games. Aka a full hand of fingers.

I think it suits us being below Cardiff. Not sure why, just do.

So hoping it stays that way until the last day of the season.

Only if Cardiff are champions!

if automatic promotion is decided on the last day of the season, I am going out for a long walk at kick-off. there is not a chance in hell that I could listen to that.

if automatic promotion is decided on the last day of the season, I am going out for a long walk at kick-off. there is not a chance in hell that I could listen to that.

Don't worry - we'll be up by then. It's just the Championship title that we'll be playing for.

I am going out for a long walk at kick-off.

What if it's snowing in May?!

How long would the walk normally take, and how long will it take during a snowfall? Have you let the club know that you're going to be inconvenienced?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669