Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
mad biker said:
You know something Steven I think you have a very good point there mate, I think I will stop posting on here, thanks for the advice, if something pisses you off then stop doing it ! Bye all.

I'd be sorry to see you go and hope you would reconsider in the fullness of time. :icon_conf :icon_conf ;)

mad biker said:
This post sums up exactly my point, this was a typical end of season, meaningless game, both teams were piss poor, no one played well but who`s singled out Williams !! as I`ve said many times, for his sake and mine because of the crap written about him on here let`s hope Gareth goes in the summer to play where he should be playing, the Premiership.
Sorry to say MB but I think you are very touchy when posters on here mention Williams but this thread is titled Williams and not any other city player. I am sure that no one is singleing Williams out when the team is poor (Maybury generally gets more stick) and most agree that he has ability but doesn't use it.
Overall this season Williams has not been good but in the last few games he has made some vital passes that has resulted in goals which is great for us but do you really think he should be playing in the Premiership? I have said many times before on TB threads that Hughes should be played in central midfield instead of Williams (even though he needs beefing up) as for most of the season he has not played there and has been put out wide (out of position) and has either been lost in games or has got in the way of others ie:Joey, Williams and Weso.
My argument being that in a central position Hughes will get forward and will be more likely to score where as Williams doesn't get forward enough and has only scored once all season but to be fair to his admirers like your goodself I agree his one touch passing has created goals of late.

Dunmow Fox said:
This is my first entry........ been viewing site for a while, but like loads of people who don't participate in stuff I thought I'd change that now.......

I said to my 12 year old son at the start of the season I though Williams could be our best player this year. He's been a let down because like so many footie fans we thrive on passion and effort from our players. His talent is there to see , but it seem it's when he can be bothered his arse. We won't get near the play-off's again unless RK (hero) sorts the mid-field out . Hughes is too lightwieght and Maybury isn't fast or cultured enough, Weso could be part of the answer but he needs help.... anyway thats my first effort ... so I'm ready to be buried !!

C'mon CITY
Welcome Dunmow.

I know your neck of the woods well, I used to work in Wethersfield, I thought I was the only Leicester Fan in Essex, I never met any others before. I bet the A120 is a big help getting to games now, or do you come through Saffron Walden?

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Melton Fox said:
Welcome Dunmow.
I've often worked the public toilets on the A120 near Great Dunmow. Have we met?:icon_wink

FFS melton, give it a rest....

Welcome Dunmow, I too hope weso is the answer, but how strongly does one come back from 2 broken legs in a season?

Melton Fox said:
Welcome Dunmow.

I know your neck of the woods well, I used to work in Wethersfield, I thought I was the only Leicester Fan in Essex, I never met any others before. I bet the A120 is a big help getting to games now, or do you come through Saffron Walden?

Real Sharapova is from Old Harlow Town.

Personally I think williams is been singled out, if anyone thinks a player should have a good game week in and week out then they are not been realistic. Williams has that quality where he could be having a poor game and still provide that killer pass.

I think after today's game against coventry he seem'd a bit off with giving the ball away alot but im assuming it's just one of those off beat days and he's stil one of my favorite city players none the less.

Chrysalis said:
Personally I think williams is been singled out, if anyone thinks a player should have a good game week in and week out then they are not been realistic. Williams has that quality where he could be having a poor game and still provide that killer pass.

I wonder if that is due to the fact that he came from Forest. :icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_roll

The only thing we need to know about williams is that he's the only midfield player that will keep his position next season.

Him and hughes can't play in the middle together, we'll (hopefully) have new left & right wingers and weso will come in to replace joey.

we need to support the bloke and encourage him to show his best form, not criticise.

Nathan said:
The only thing we need to know about williams is that he's the only midfield player that will keep his position next season.

Him and hughes can't play in the middle together, we'll (hopefully) have new left & right wingers and weso will come in to replace joey.

we need to support the bloke and encourage him to show his best form, not criticise.
:eek: Welcome the Williams appreciation society, Hughsie to suffer again.

Stevie Lynex on the wing said:
:eek: Welcome the Williams appreciation society, Hughsie to suffer again.

hughes floats around too much being not very effective for large portions of games & wendying out of tackles...Williams needs to be more consistent he played some balls yesterday that just make you wonder wtf, weres he going with that but can also produce brilliance like @ the palace game & preston game

Neither Hughes nor Williams were signed for their battling qualities or their ability to make bone crunching tackles, judge them on their creativity, ball retention, goalscoring record and their influence on a game, because that is what they were signed for. Why are we having this conversation as to the tackling ability of these two players, next we will be criticising NEJ for not scoring enough goals.

nobody seems to of mentioned that Williams walked out of a game at half time when he was on the bench!

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Neither Hughes nor Williams were signed for their battling qualities or their ability to make bone crunching tackles, judge them on their creativity, ball retention, goalscoring record and their influence on a game, because that is what they were signed for. Why are we having this conversation as to the tackling ability of these two players, next we will be criticising NEJ for not scoring enough goals.

Agreed. Though we will get those harking back to the goal scoring efforts of Walsh, Elliot and Taggart from set pieces. :icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_roll ;)

Steven said:
Agreed. Though we will get those harking back to the goal scoring efforts of Walsh, Elliot and Taggart from set pieces. :icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_roll ;)

What I am trying to say is if Hughes and Williams add tackling to their game then it will be a bonus. Likewise it was a bonus and very helpful that we had three excellent defenders who could all chip in with goals, but their main function was to defend.

At the end of the day the blame has to lie with the managers who have signed Hughes and Williams, as they have identified and signed central midfielders who cannot get stuck in, are lightweight and ideally not suited to the type of game we play and therefore can be percieved to be ineffective and / or lightweight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669