Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duzza said:
I thought Williams had a good game today, he is slowly changing my opinion of him. 7.5/10

7.5 out of ten is about right. Best of our midfield today. ;) :023:

Last edited:
I expect Williams to be oustanding next season, then leave on a free in the summer off the back of it, just like he did when we signed him.

I'm pleased he is improving, but I'm still somewhat cynical about his attitude.

Bilborough Fox said:
At least Hughes tries to tackle back. It would be nice to see Williams do that more consistently. I think they both have their faults but Hughes is more industious.

Not from what I seen, williams closes the ball down more often in recent games.

DesertFox said:
Why? He wasn't injured until pre-season, was he? He'd been fit since he joined us up until then. And it was an over-the-top tackle by one of our own players in training that did it (Weso). Since then he's had a number of niggling problems but I don't think that necessarily makes him "injury prone". I mean, there's Lee Morris, and there's Steven Hughes. Not really a comparison, is there?

People started to say the same thing about Ian Walker - injury prone - in his last season with us because he had a fairly lengthy spell out... but he'd been ever present for about three seasons prior to that!

Short memories, some folks. :icon_roll

Its more that he was in and out so much of the team causing inconsistencies, its a bad thing having to make changes to a team especially a winning team so he needs to be in the team for long spells to be a asset in my opinion. I think he is a good player but I wouldnt go as far as he is a better player then williams.

Stevie Lynex on the wing said:
About 6 out of ten and just but only just shaded it ahead of Welsh.

Much better than Welsh. Welsh is no more effective, as a net result in terms of contribution to the team, than Sylla. :018: :018: ;)

Steven said:
Much better than Welsh. Welsh is no more effective, as a net result in terms of contribution to the team, than Sylla. :018: :018: ;)

Agreed. I certainly dont want him here next season, his workrate is poor and he plays far too deep for a winger, coupled with the fact he seems to have a reluctance to run in to space. Not for me thanks.

Steven said:
Who crossed the ball for Fryatt to score?:icon_bigg
Agree Welsh is not all that good but he is the best we've got on the left as Tiatto is a headless chicken & Sylla is non existent but I am by no means saying we should keep Welsh if Sunderland released him.

on yesterdays performance i think hughes and williams both played better than welsh despite the cross that led to the goal. if we are to name worst players of yesterday i'd have to say stearman, joey and welsh were ones i thought had a bit off an off day

Stearman has been poor for a quite a while now IMO, I'm hoping like Hughes that his niggling injury is to blame.

Duzza said:
Stearman has been poor for a quite a while now IMO, I'm hoping like Hughes that his niggling injury is to blame.

He started well but faded and kept slicing the ball out. Its no major worry though IMO. Might fend off Premiership bids!!

Welsh looked weak IMO. He sometimes seems scared to take men on which is strange as he has shown pace and dribbling ability in flieting patches.

Duzza said:

For me Stearman was trying to be the right winger, right back and occasionally centre back all at the same time. IMO he was ok at all but needs to be more discaplined in his position in order to play well, it highlights yet again our serious lack of balance in midfield.

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
He started well but faded and kept slicing the ball out. Its no major worry though IMO. Might fend off Premiership bids!!

Welsh looked weak IMO. He sometimes seems scared to take men on which is strange as he has shown pace and dribbling ability in flieting patches.

What pisses me off about Welsh is the bloke behind me constantly shouting WALSH! It's not that hard to say.

I have a bloke behind me who just yells 'OOOIIIIIIIIII' down my ear hole every time something slightly contenscious happens! He also gets all the players confused. It does my head in.

I felt at my worst during an away trip to Leeds once. We scored and I went mental and in the process spat on the bald blokes head in front of me!!

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
I have a bloke behind me who just yells 'OOOIIIIIIIIII' down my ear hole every time something slightly contenscious happens! He also gets all the players confused. It does my head in.
You dont sit in F1 do you?:102: ;) :icon_lol:

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
I felt at my worst during an away trip to Leeds once. We scored and I went mental and in the process spat on the bald blokes head in front of me!!
I did that this season but instead spat some chewing gum down the back of the lads coat, managed to get it out of his collar without him noticing though, maybe i should become a pick pocket.....

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
No I sit in E1.
good its not me you were on about then!:icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675