Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steven said:
Agreed. Though we will get those harking back to the goal scoring efforts of Walsh, Elliot and Taggart from set pieces. :icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_roll ;)
:038: Oh joy!!! how the current squad would benefit from these 3 can we turn the clock back 6-8 years?

Stevie Lynex on the wing said:
:eek: Welcome the Williams appreciation society, Hughsie to suffer again.

i think when Levein brought in Hughes he expected him to replace Williams.that hasn't happened.

If Williams is classed as "light-weight" then i'm not sure if hughes even registers on the scales.

he won't replace williams but is good cover for the middle or either wing.

Nathan said:
i think when Levein brought in Hughes he expected him to replace Williams.that hasn't happened.

If Williams is classed as "light-weight" then i'm not sure if hughes even registers on the scales.

he won't replace williams but is good cover for the middle or either wing.

I happen to think Hughes is a good player to have in the team, just because of the support he offers to the front two. No one can deny he trys hard, if he spends the summer in the gym and builds himself up a bit he could be a VERY VERY good player for us in the near future!

It would be a bonus but at end of day every one on pitch should be able to stick a foot in or place a good sliding tackle no matter where they play

fosseboy83 said:
why does that stop him putting his boot in?

At least Hughes tries to tackle back. It would be nice to see Williams do that more consistently. I think they both have their faults but Hughes is more industious.

Bilborough Fox said:
At least Hughes tries to tackle back. It would be nice to see Williams do that more consistently. I think they both have their faults but Hughes is more industious.
:038: ere ere I rest my case.

Nathan said:
hughes gets injured for months at a time
He has been OK for injuries recently, although I'm sure he is still carrying a bit of an ankle knock. Hopefully the close season will enable that to clear up, and I think he will play with a bit more freedom next season when he knows he is free from injury. I rate him more highly than Williams, he just gives the impression of appearing to want to try hard all the time, which Williams doesn't.

alex said:
Ummm.....Not really a cogent argument that, is it really?

Thats all very well and good Alex but the real burning issue remains and the question must be asked........Do you like tits?

IMO Williams is far more talented than Hughes, however Hughes does seem to put in more work. I personally think Williams has looked a class act recently, however it doesn't help in the middle of the park when a certain Icelandic player continually tries passing the ball without even looking if there is an opposing player near the intended recipient.

Still I'm sure people will disagree, but thats the beauty with everything, we all see and hear things in different ways.

highland fox said:
Thats all very well and good Alex but the real burning issue remains and the question must be asked........Do you find me attractive?

Listen HF, if I were that way inclined, I wouldn't throw you out of the sauna for farting...If you know what I mean...? But I am not I'm afraid.

Real Sharapova said:
He has been OK for injuries recently, although I'm sure he is still carrying a bit of an ankle knock. Hopefully the close season will enable that to clear up

i kinda remember thinking that at the end of last season too.

Nathan said:
i kinda remember thinking that at the end of last season too.
Why? He wasn't injured until pre-season, was he? He'd been fit since he joined us up until then. And it was an over-the-top tackle by one of our own players in training that did it (Weso). Since then he's had a number of niggling problems but I don't think that necessarily makes him "injury prone". I mean, there's Lee Morris, and there's Steven Hughes. Not really a comparison, is there?

People started to say the same thing about Ian Walker - injury prone - in his last season with us because he had a fairly lengthy spell out... but he'd been ever present for about three seasons prior to that!

Short memories, some folks. :icon_roll

Williams was cracking today. Only Nalis was in the same Class today. :023: ;) :icon_wink

Stevie Lynex on the wing said:
:018: A few good passes and one shot that was deflected does not make him cracking.

What do people want? :icon_roll :102: :102: :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670