Speculation Winter '13 - Spring '14 Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...ster-deal-falls-through/#.Us8I7DcuJIE.twitter

France Football report that despite Championship side Leicester City being confident of signing Riyad Mahrez this morning, that the deal has fallen through at the very last minute after Ligue 2 side Le Havre were unable to agree an acceptable transfer fee with the English club.

The player is currently on his way back to France, having been in Leicester ready to sign a contract with the club, something that he had agreed to do several days previous.

The inside story is unclear in terms of what exactly went wrong with the fee negotiations but Le Havre wanted several bonuses which Leicester were unwilling to agree. Whether or not Le Havre made these demands after the initial agreement was struck remains to be seen. Barring an extraordinary turnaround, Mahrez will not be signing for Leicester.

Last edited:
Bonuses? What bonuses?

Stringer reckons fee agreed between clubs but disagreement between DOF and agent - i.e. agent being greedy. Shame really, but if that's the case good on us. There are other players and we shouldn't let greedy bastard agents dictate to us and try and bend you over a barrel. Feel sorry for the footballer as he seemed to be keen to come here..

Stringer reckons fee agreed between clubs but disagreement between DOF and agent - i.e. agent being greedy. Shame really, but if that's the case good on us. There are other players and we shouldn't let greedy bastard agents dictate to us and try and bend you over a barrel. Feel sorry for the footballer as he seemed to be keen to come here..

It's only because he was promised a 5 bed in Braunstone.

I certainly would be coming from a Ligue 2 side to a team top of the league in the English second division.

Clearly this is either the selling club and / or the agent asking for massive promotion-related bonuses.

Shame but as others have said plenty more players out there that could add something to the squad.

Kevin Phillips just been interviewed on Talksport "I am joining a Championship club and should be confirmed later today"

Kevin Phillips just been interviewed on Talksport "I am joining a Championship club and should be confirmed later today"

Judging by the 'banter' throughout the show, he's definitely signing for us

I certainly would be coming from a Ligue 2 side to a team top of the league in the English second division.

Clearly this is either the selling club and / or the agent asking for massive promotion-related bonuses.

Shame but as others have said plenty more players out there that could add something to the squad.

Looks like the Mahrez deal is back on.....according to the Mercury this morning:038:

Rob Tanner has tweeted that the deal is not dead and LCFC are hopeful it will be resolved.

Last edited:
What the **** is that on his head? It looks a bit like hair but only shitter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46