Wolves Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for my previous post

It is all the fault of the fans

Of course it is - how could I have missed that ?

You really couldn't make it up, could you :102:

Surely you aren't suggesting they actually help though, cause 9 times out of 10 at the Bowl, they simply don't.

You can argue whether they should have to, but the fact is that they don't. I bet most opposing managers will say in their team talks, "stop Leicester playing and if they haven't scored early the fans will turn".

I know I would and hence why pretty much every team comes here and grinds out a 1st half before starting to hit us on the break.

I do have to say that the fans were pretty good last night for most of the second half, getting behind the team... much better than I had expected. Perhaps a bit of more of this and maybe, just maybe, we will start to win a few games.

Surely you aren't suggesting they actually help though, cause 9 times out of 10 at the Bowl, they simply don't.

You can argue whether they should have to, but the fact is that they don't. I bet most opposing managers will say in their team talks, "stop Leicester playing and if they haven't scored early the fans will turn".

I know I would and hence why pretty much every team comes here and grinds out a 1st half before starting to hit us on the break.

What utter tosh

The fans were fully behind the team last night from start to finish, despite the garbage being served up in front of them. The second half, in particular, saw the kop and L1 giving plenty of positive support. This was after we had played like shite for most of the game

Kishishev was applauded off the pitch, and Cort was applauded on. At times there was a wall of noise from what was a pretty sparse crowd

So we hadn't scored early, and the fans actually became more vocal in their support as the game went on - so your fictional opposing manager's team talk would have complete nonsense, as is your argument

It is yet another typical excuse for a piss poor performance that has, as usual, no substance to it whatsoever

Last edited:
Megson can't have long left can he?

Wolves fans on the train home were suggesting McCarthy would be gone unless they win at the weekend.

I think it would be rediculous to get rid of Megson now.. give the guy at least until Christmas.

I think it would be rediculous to get rid of Megson now.. give the guy at least until Christmas.

We can't get rid of him now. He was the only one desperate enough and with any kind of pedigree who would take the job last time - if he goes, we'd be looking at John Gregory or worse.

Megson can't have long left can he?

Wolves fans on the train home were suggesting McCarthy would be gone unless they win at the weekend.

Well once this Saturday is over he's agot a fortnight to work with the players, and bring in anyone that he can

His excuse of "only being here 5 minutes, and I have hardly worked with the players on the training pitch etc. etc." then will not hold water - so he puts up and shuts up against Scunny, Sheffield U and Barnsley

If he gets less than four points out of those three then he's fecked IMO

Last edited:
What utter tosh

The fans were fully behind the team last night from start to finish, despite the garbage being served up in front of them. The second half, in particular, saw the kop and L1 giving plenty of positive support. This was after we had played like shite for most of the game

Kishishev was applauded off the pitch, and Cort was applauded on. At times there was a wall of noise from what was a pretty sparse crowd

So we hadn't scored early, and the fans actually became more vocal in their support as the game went on - so your fictional opposing manager's team talk would have complete nonsense, as is your argument

It is yet another typical excuse for a piss poor performance that has, as usual, no substance to it whatsoever

Well people on here are saying Cort was booed on and not just by the Wolves fans, and the team was booed off.

Well once this Saturday is over he's agot a fortnight to work with the players, and bring in anyone that he can

His excuse of "only being here 5 minutes, and I have hardly worked with the players on the training pitch etc. etc." then will not hold water - so he puts up and shuts up against Scunny, Sheffield U and Barnsley

If he gets less than four points out of those three then he's fecked IMO

I think thats about right. Gone by mid November IMO and another season wasted.

Last edited:
Well people on here are saying Cort was booed on and not just by the Wolves fans, and the team was booed off.

The team was booed off fthe pitch or sure - but that had no influence whatsoever on the previous ninety minutes

When Cort came on he got a good round of applause from people around me in the kop, (mainly because we were crying out for a change of tactics) - so to be fair I couldnt actually hear other areas of the ground

Fact was the team got plenty of excellent support all night long, but it did not affect the dross being served up on the pitch

Last edited:
The team was booed off fthe pitch or sure - but that had no influence whatsoever on the previous ninety minutes

When Cort came on he got a good round of applause from people around me in the kop, (mainly because we were crying out for a change of tactics) - so to be fair I couldnt actually hear other areas of the ground

Fact was the team got plenty of excellent support all night long, but it did not affect the dross being served up on the pitch

Cort got booed on from some sections in the kop near me, King was getting some shit too after about 15mins into his debut:icon_roll

Cort got booed on from some sections in the kop near me, King was getting some shit too after about 15mins into his debut:icon_roll

I don't doubt you for a minute - I just didn't hear that from my position

King got a very warm reception when his name was announced, and on several occasions when he made a challenge/decent pass he got an exceptional level of applause and cheers which he must have heard

Same goes for Cort - particularly after he won his first and second headers (something we had singularly failed to do for the previous 75 minutes) and after his retrieval of the ball and shot into the side netting

I thought that, given the circumstances, the team could not have asked for any more support than they got last night

To use the crowd as an excuse for the pish that is being served up on the pitch (home and away) is quite pathetic, and just plainly untrue IMO

I don't doubt you for a minute - I just didn't hear that from my position

King got a very warm reception when his name was announced, and on several occasions when he made a challenge/decent pass he got an exceptional level of applause and cheers which he must have heard

Same goes for Cort - particularly after he won his first and second headers (something we had singularly failed to do for the previous 75 minutes) and after his retrieval of the ball and shot into the side netting

I thought that, given the circumstances, the team could not have asked for any more support than they got last night

To use the crowd as an excuse for the pish that is being served up on the pitch (home and away) is quite pathetic, and just plainly untrue IMO

The crowd backed the team 100% during the 90 minutes, no doubt about that for me. We were offered little by way of thanks.

The passion was not there at all in the first half. Things improved a bit in the second half but there was little in the way of chasing back and/or making tackles at all costs. Hume was wandering around the middle of the park in a knackered daydream by 70 mins, so Megson brings Fryatt off instead for FFS!

The passion was not there at all in the first half. Things improved a bit in the second half but there was little in the way of chasing back and/or making tackles at all costs. Hume was wandering around the middle of the park in a knackered daydream by 70 mins, so Megson brings Fryatt off instead for FFS!

I thought that, Hume was gone after 70 minutes. ridiculous not to replace him with DJ at that point.

All of the players did what i expected of them last night, pretty much (except King of whom i had no expectations) but that is the problem. Kishishev and Chambers both pressed and got tackles in which is what they are good at and worked hard.

Well done to them, but as a team we have no creativity. That is not the players faults, but a hole in the squad that Milan and Megson need to fix.

Last edited:
As a positive for the poist match thread, could I just say how pleasant the half-time interval was last night

A bit of ticket information
Half time scores
Some modern 'popular' music played
And no annoying twat doing silly competitions, interviewing has-beens or making pathetic jokes

Keep it up !!

As a positive for the poist match thread, could I just say how pleasant the half-time interval was last night

A bit of ticket information
Half time scores
Some modern 'popular' music played
And no annoying twat doing silly competitions, interviewing has-beens or making pathetic jokes

Keep it up !!

Also, the pitch was a lovely shade of green.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669