Wolves Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
jeff the city fans around us where booing cort when he came on too :icon_sad:

The post I was replying to in the other thread was talking about when the teams were announced, not when he came on.
I didn't hear any Leicester fans booing him when the teams were announced - but it wouldn't surprise me if it happened anyway, we have too many idiots 'supporting' our team.

I can't be arsed to read through all the replies, but I thought Mattock was our best player by a mile tonight. Our worse was Chambers, I was begging Megson to take him off.

Last edited:
I can't be arsed to read through all the replies, but I thought Mattock was our best player by a mile tonight. Our worse was Chambers, I was begging Megson to take him off.

Mattock looked the best attacking option but with little support Chambers was woeful square peg round hole as plenty of people on here have said

I think Chambers is an excellent right back. In midfield he is athletic and hard working but he is not a creative ball player.

Totally true.He's a very decent right-back & IMO a good signing,have seen himplay a fair few times.Full back or wing back (in a pinch) but definitely NOT central midfield.If he keeps playing there it's just going to destroy his confidence & spoil a potentially good player for us.

I've said it before & I'll keep saying it until something gets done:

JANUARY = left back + creative midfielder

& if we are going to play 3-5-2 for feck's sake put Hume behind the front 2 from the start.Easily his best position as it plays to his strengths.Shuffling the pack all the time just leads to confusion

FFS You would think we had lost 6 - 0 at home.

The only fecking reason we have no midfield is because both Clem and Weso are injured, and because the powers at be failed to bring in enough quality in the summer, Megson is left to scrape together whats left of a midifield.

The ONLY reason Chambers is continually picked in midfield is because Weso and Clem are injured, Hellings is fecking shite, there aint no other fecking viable alternative and Megson knows that Chambers is not the most creative player but will provide energy and commitment.

Many on here were predicting a right hammering last night because of the injury problems, yet we have managed to gain a point, I am sure it was a poor attacking performance, but to get a point and a clean sheet against a decent Wolves side, with an almost non recognisable midfield surely has some positives.

It took O'Neill around a dozen or so games and 3 or 4 new signings to start moving things in the direction that we needed to go and I remember in his early times some pretty horrendous performances, I am not comparing Megson to MON but at least recognise that these players are not his signings and he is trying to change the way we play and that will take time. Judge him once he brings in some players of his own and has a fully fit midfield to choose from.

Last edited:
The post I was replying to in the other thread was talking about when the teams were announced, not when he came on.
I didn't hear any Leicester fans booing him when the teams were announced - but it wouldn't surprise me if it happened anyway, we have too many idiots 'supporting' our team.

yes i know that but the thread was locked and could not say anything that thread :icon_wink

yes there too manty idiots !!!!

The only fecking reason we have no midfield is because both Clem and Weso are injured, and because the powers at be failed to bring in enough quality in the summer, Megson is left to scrape together whats left of a midifield.

The ONLY reason Chambers is continually picked in midfield is because Weso and Clem are injured, Hellings is fecking shite, there aint no other fecking viable alternative and Megson knows that Chambers is not the most creative player but will provide energy and commitment.

Many on here were predicting a right hammering last night because of the injury problems, yet we have managed to gain a point, I am sure it was a poor attacking performance, but to get a point and a clean sheet against a decent Wolves side, with an almost non recognisable midfield surely has some positives.

It took O'Neill around a dozen or so games and 3 or 4 new signings to start moving things in the direction that we needed to go and I remember in his early times some pretty horrendous performances, I am not comparing Megson to MON but at least recognise that these players are not his signings and he is trying to change the way we play and that will take time. Judge him once he brings in some players of his own and has a fully fit midfield to choose from.

well said :038::038::038::038::038:

what a pile of utter shite. When Wolves had the ball and were going forward they had 4 up front. They looked like they were trying to win the game.

It just comes down to negative tactics and poor players. Fryatt, Hume and Mattack are the only 3 players with a first touch in them. The rest will do no more than keep the club at it's current level.

Exactly!!!:038:
They had a good defence and we had.....nothing but defence!
stop ya bloody whinging!

:038::038::038::038:

Couldn't have put it better myself, thanks PFKAKTF. Please people, get off Megson's case for a bit. I believe he will do a good job once he can pick some of his own players and not the shite that other people bought over the summer.

I agree. In midfield we had Kish who's been poor all season, Chambers a right back totally out of position & young lad from the ressies making his debut. And also a young left/wing back trying to make his way in the game.

I don't like Megson & wish he hadn't come within a hundred miles of our club, but in the context of which players were available to him last night I thought a point wasn't a bad result.

I would like to have seen though Chambers & Stearman swap roles for a short while to see how that worked. Stearman has played in midfield before & done okay while Chambers is far better going forward than Stearman.

One final point on the overall quality of the squad. Mandaric claimed the only signing he was responsible for was N'Gotty. Well the Portuguese chap, Ferria?, & another no mark who name escapes me signed a day or so after Allen left. Neither have even made onto the subs bench which makes we think that maybe Mandaric was also responsible for the signings of players like Hellings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Q. What is the biggest obstacle we now have to overcome to start a winning run?

A. Our home fans.

We reap what we sow.

Evidence? Booing players before they kick a ball. Booing a manager who's had virtually no time to work. Getting on anyone's back they can think of.

The atmosphere is part silence, part negativity. In no way do I blame the home fans for this. With what we've endured over recent seasons, it's a wonder many of us are not in straight jackets. However, when it gets to the stage when we are part of the problem and we are positively working against the interests of the club, we're fecked.

Q. What can be done about this?

A. Everyone needs to realise where we are, draw a line in the sand and fecking get on with it.

We reap what we sow.

Gloss it up all you like, but it was a woeful performance by any measure you care to use

The formation didn't work - anyone could see that. Stearman didn;t get past the half way line for an hour, whereas Mattock left a gaping hole down the left hand side where we were mighty lucky to escape on a number of occasions

And thank feck for N'Gotty, is all that I can say, who covered the arse of a witless McAuley all night long. He just doesn't know how to play in a back three

King was so out of his depth it's untrue, poor lad, and Chambers will never make a central midfield player as long as he lives. Kish did well to cover for them both. Taking him off was feckin' suicide, whether he's fit or not

Fryatt and Hume were completely starved, and must have wondered what the feck was going on. We looked much more of a shape when Cort came on but then the prick on the sidelines takes Fryatt off and the game was as good as over

Then I get back to the car and listen to that cock wittering on about the players not being good enough and I'm getting a bit tired of "I've only been here 14 days etc. etc."

Well maybe you should have spent one of those days wathcing watch the Watford DVD, dickcheese, because they were feckin' good enough that day - the difference being they weren't playing out of position in a ridiculous system that is so outdated it's almost laughable

Utter garbage (yet again)

I've said for years that it appears that a large number of fans like to say things/manager/players are shite almost for effect at times.

I only listened to the radio and it didn't sound particularly good at all, but your post is spot on.

The worrying thing for me is that we have 45 pro's on our books of which it would appear that at least 15 aren't ever going to be good enough.

Will this stop the really promising youth team players (as good as any in the country) coming through? I hope Meggy persists with players like King rather than using Hellings or Maybury or Kenton for example

A. Our home fans.

Apologies for my previous post

It is all the fault of the fans

Of course it is - how could I have missed that ?

You really couldn't make it up, could you :102:

A. Our home fans.

We reap what we sow.

I remember the bloke that owns Palace berating his home fans for booing people before games and he summed it up by saying "If you say something is shit for long enough, you can be sure it will end up that way"

(or something like it anyway!)

As I say, I think there is something fashionable in this country for people to put everything down, be cynical about pretty much anything and to say whatever the subject in discussion is that it is shite.

I do think Leicester fans in general want success but they want it instantly and won't stand for anything other than Premier League football, which is admirable in a way, but highly unrealistic, someone has got to realise its going to be a slow process from our current position with any manager and there are going to be bad days that will for 6-12 months out weigh the good ones.

This is always going to be the cycle with a new manager but none are give much time to develop a team of their own, so the booing starts cause we aren't winning week in week out and hence something like 12 managers in 7 years or whatever it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669