Wolves

Log in to stop seeing adverts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southern Fox

New Member
I noticed that Wolves signed a foreign chappie for £1.7m yesterday.

Can anyone answer me the question How?????

I havent seen them selling similar players to Dickov, Thact, Scimica, Muzzy etc

Answers on a postcard
 
because they are not in debt and have a rich owner!

that's about it I think.
 
Southern Fox said:
I noticed that Wolves signed a foreign chappie for £1.7m yesterday.

Can anyone answer me the question How?????

I havent seen them selling similar players to Dickov, Thact, Scimica, Muzzy etc

They haven't been paying players the sort of silly money that we have for the last 5 years, and haven't just built a new stadium, so they haven't got into the same debt problems as us.
 
Has anyone heard of this person they have bought? Bit of a risk for Wolves spending £1.7 million on a player who is unproven in English Football.
 
City Fan said:
Has anyone heard of this person they have bought? Bit of a risk for Wolves spending £1.7 million on a player who is unproven in English Football.

Thats what I was thinking, but then they always do that!
 
City Fan said:
Has anyone heard of this person they have bought? Bit of a risk for Wolves spending £1.7 million on a player who is unproven in English Football.
Apparently he's very similar to Patrick Vierra. I don't think £1.7m is too much of a risk on a player who is said to be a box to box skillful midfielder who is also very quick and supposedly good in the air and especially from set pieces. :wink:
 
Dorkwolf said:
City Fan said:
Has anyone heard of this person they have bought? Bit of a risk for Wolves spending £1.7 million on a player who is unproven in English Football.
Apparently he's very similar to Patrick Vierra. I don't think £1.7m is too much of a risk on a player who is said to be a box to box skillful midfielder who is also very quick and supposedly good in the air and especially from set pieces. :wink:

If he was similar to Vieira, he would be worth a hell of a lot more than that, and he would not want to play for a piss poor team such as Wolves!! :p
 
I value your opinion City, however he had a choice of joining Monaco or Wolves and decided upon joining a quality team. Need I say more? :roll: :wink:
 
He joined Wolves because he was scared that if he didn't, Dave Jones would malester (spell?) his kids!! :lol:

I think that it is a risk for a Division 1 (sorry, Championship) club to spend most of its transfer budget on a player that no Wolves fans have heard of. Have you ever heard of him Dorky? :wink:
 
Admitidly no I have never heard of him, then again i'd never heard of Camara either. To be honest we were sensible with our wage structure last season so as far as i'm concerned it's a step in the right direction. We need to re-build and household names demanding silly high wages are not what our club are looking for. I'm sure you understand where i'm coming from. :roll: :wink:
 
Dorkwolf said:
Admitidly no I have never heard of him, then again i'd never heard of Camara either. To be honest we were sensible with our wage structure last season so as far as i'm concerned it's a step in the right direction. We need to re-build and household names demanding silly high wages are not what our club are looking for. I'm sure you understand where i'm coming from. :roll: :wink:

Hi there everyone.
I'm new to this forum but have been reading posts for a long time now. I'm a member of the Norway Branch of the LCFC Supporter Club and I'm sorry to say that Wolves may have done a coup in signing Seyi Olofinjana :( . He has played for my beloved Brann (Bergen) since 2003 and was a big hit from day one. If he can adjust to english football as fast as he did to norwegian when he came from Nigeria, he'll soon be a big star for Wolves. The comparison to Vieira is not totally of the mark, He plays a similar role and style but is a bit slow at times so he'll need to adjust. He scored 9 goals in 26 games last season and created more for other players. This season he hasn't been as brilliant as last but I guess that has something to do with constant transfer speculation and he's very often off to play for Nigeria (he is a starter for them in every game).
I'm sorry that my first post was this long and about a Wolves player...
By the way; Brann has got a replacement for Seyi; Charlie Miller, remember him anyone?
 
EMC Fox said:
Blaarev said:
By the way; Brann has got a replacement for Seyi; Charlie Miller, remember him anyone?

Yeah I think so - didn't he used to work in Tesco's on Fosse Road? :wink:

:D . I was thinking of the Charlie Miller who was on loan from Rangers in -99. Played 4 games for City before going on to "bigger" :? things with Watford and Dundee Utd (and now Brann)
 
Blaarev said:
Dorkwolf said:
Admitidly no I have never heard of him, then again i'd never heard of Camara either. To be honest we were sensible with our wage structure last season so as far as i'm concerned it's a step in the right direction. We need to re-build and household names demanding silly high wages are not what our club are looking for. I'm sure you understand where i'm coming from. :roll: :wink:

Hi there everyone.
I'm new to this forum but have been reading posts for a long time now. I'm a member of the Norway Branch of the LCFC Supporter Club and I'm sorry to say that Wolves may have done a coup in signing Seyi Olofinjana :( . He has played for my beloved Brann (Bergen) since 2003 and was a big hit from day one. If he can adjust to english football as fast as he did to norwegian when he came from Nigeria, he'll soon be a big star for Wolves. The comparison to Vieira is not totally of the mark, He plays a similar role and style but is a bit slow at times so he'll need to adjust. He scored 9 goals in 26 games last season and created more for other players. This season he hasn't been as brilliant as last but I guess that has something to do with constant transfer speculation and he's very often off to play for Nigeria (he is a starter for them in every game).
I'm sorry that my first post was this long and about a Wolves player...
By the way; Brann has got a replacement for Seyi; Charlie Miller, remember him anyone?


Best of luck Dorkwolf but sounds like you will be paying the wages and Nigeria will be taking him for substantial chunks of the season -and there is nothing Wolves can do about it - still I accept that Wolves have been financially managed in a more sensible way than us.
 
Dunc said:
Replace "financially managed" with bankrolled.

Not the point Dunc. Its part of reality that Wolves have had a benefactor family and we haven't. The clubs had to be managed within those different realities. Whatever excuses and evasions you want to come up with - we weren't - and it nearly destroyed LCFC and the 'fall out' from that financial ineptitude still limits the club's position.

Old, boring, repetive -yes all that - but its still the biggest factor affecting the club.
 
Dunc said:
Replace "financially managed" with bankrolled.
A little harsh methinks. :(

Unfortunately our benefactor, Sir Jack, left us to our own devices last season. We now have to be self-sufficient, hence sensible wage structure was put into place as from last season. :roll: :wink:
 
Yeah but the point is that he bankrolled you for 10 years while you spent loads on players under McGhee etc that did nothing.

hardly financially managed. I agree its different now, but having seen the result of Leicester and Leeds and Bradford etc's problems without a 'Golden Tit' it would have been highly irresponsible not to have contingency plans.
 
Dunc said:
without a 'Golden Tit' it would have been highly irresponsible not to have contingency plans.
Very true Dunc. The club unfortunately wasted alot of his money on over priced injury prone players, ie. Geoff Thomas, Tony Daley & Steve Froggett, to name but a few. :oops: :roll:
 
Dorkwolf said:
I value your opinion City, however he had a choice of joining Monaco or Wolves and decided upon joining a quality team. Need I say more? :roll: :wink:
He will probably get to play in front of a couple of hundred more fans aswell :wink:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Log in to stop seeing adverts

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester3478
2Leeds Utd3472
3Ipswich3369
4Southampton3367
5West Brom3355
6Hull City3354
7Preston 3452
8Coventry City3451
9Norwich City3351
10Sunderland3347
11Watford3344
12Bristol City3344
13Middlesbro3244
14Cardiff City3341
15Birmingham3238
16Blackburn 3338
17Plymouth 3337
18Swansea City3336
19Stoke City3335
20Huddersfield3334
21Millwall3333
22QPR3332
23Sheffield W3329
24Rotherham Utd3319

Latest posts

Top