Women's World Cup 2023

Taking Russo off was a pretty dumb thing to do. We've had nothing up front since.

The game is done I think. Looks more likely Spain will nick a second....

Right call to bring James on

Wrong call to take Russo off

That’s football

Dreadful match management from England at the end there. So many cheap fouls and needlessly giving the ball away.

Ultimately Spain deserved it. The first half was wasted away and even in the second they didn't create enough despite seeing a lot more posession after the formation change. The penalty save should have been the turning point that we could have taken the momentum from but it just didn't get going...

Thought Lucy Bronze was poor, and did Lauren James actually come on in the second half. thought she'd bust a gut, but was a let down

Spain way better. England looked like a pub team at times. Not that it mattered but it was a penalty. Ah well.

Has anyone considered that football doesn't actually have a home? The very suggestion that it could come home is ludicrous.

The best team won unfortunately. Why the ref felt that she needed to help them I can't understand.

Ah well, it was a good-time World Cup for England - just a shame we couldn't win it.

But Leicester won yestersday. And last week. And the week before too.
Come on..

I was at the game. Very disappointing, Spain were way better. I thought England have looked very good at times during the tournament. They were 2nd best today though. After the first 20mins they couldn’t keep the ball for longer than 10 seconds. Credit to the way the Spanish played.

Lots of fake Spanish in the crowd talking with Aussie accents.

We were so poor but the team were not helped by having to play the majority of the second half with no striker on the pitch. The substitution of Russo was unfathomable.

The only plus point for me is that all those pre written articles celebrating the England win for half a paragraph then spending the rest of it bemoaning the fact that the men can't do it ended up in the bin.

In the end they did exactly what we'd all expect the men's team to do in the same situation. Not play well, play the occasion instead of the game, indulge in some baffling game management & essentially not turn up.

Considering they've already actually won a major tournament its all a bit disappointing really. Not being dragged down by the weight of decades of falling short should be an advantage.

All feels very English all of a sudden really.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563