Women's World Cup 2023

My like is based on the assumption OzzieFox is referring to England stuffing the dingos.

Far too negative Engkand have been. Lots of backwards ball when there's no need for it.

It was hungover Sunday League levels of defending though.

Yyeessss! I cannot wait to go work tomorrow. I'm so glad the gods of football did not take me up on my "I'd rather have 3 points at Rotherham".

Shithousery of the highest order well underway. Football has come home almost.
England for the main part completely controlled that game. They looked more ruthless and at times played on the edge as very good teams can do. As for the shithousery, they did the same in the Euro final last year. This team are really good at running the clock down when they are in front.

Fair play. Better team won. I tell you what though, it's sad to see the lionesses emulating the fellas. Bronze went down like a lead balloon after the ball hit her in the face whilst defending but then when it hit her in the face again, miraculously she was fine. Perhaps because she was running forwards on the attack? Also, yes, the clock running down was a bit shit to see but understandable.

The problem I have is that it's clear that they are trying to copy the men's game which is fundamentally broken. It's like a fresh new band with the world at their feet trying to do a cover of Fly Away by Lenny Kravitz. Don't copy something that is objectively shit.

Part of the appeal of watching women's football right now for me is that it's all about the football. It will inevitably attract more money through sponsorship and things and with that comes more cheating/ gamesmanship and a bigger focus on playing for the money rather than the will to achieve something great. In that respect, comparisons with the men's game, it's only going to get worse......

Men's game is absolutely rife with gutter trash mercenaries.........

One thing I noticed ,by it’s abscence , was when the cameras went around different areas as England scored , distinct lack of beer/ Prosecco thrown in the air

Had an email from the F.A. Offering me the chance to buy tickets for the final!!

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563