Women's World Cup 2023

England are through!!! Get in!

Wow, they have been so lucky here. Nigeria were the better team even before the sending off.

Hopefully they push on from here - although I suspect Lauren James will also be for suspended for the 3 remaining games now too.

Hopefully they push on from here - although I suspect Lauren James will also be for suspended for the 3 remaining games now too.

Means they might pull the seemingly never-ending TV adverts with her in, though

Swings and roundabouts…..

Some quality penalties
Best team lost, but hey, don’t take your chances, only got yourselves to blame.

Beat Colombia 2-1. Australia next in the semis after they beat France on penos. The other semi is Spain v Sweden.

They've got a real good chance this year.

Beat Colombia 2-1. Australia next in the semis after they beat France on penos. The other semi is Spain v Sweden.

They've got a real good chance this year.
I watched that Australia game this morning, what a boring load of shit. The shootout made it even worse

England are going to win the World Cup!

I have Sweden in the sweepstake at work though, so hoping they get through Vs Spain too

I watched that Australia game this morning, what a boring load of shit. The shootout made it even worse
You must be kidding, surely? That penalty shoot out was the most dramatic shoot out I've ever seen.

You must be kidding, surely? That penalty shoot out was the most dramatic shoot out I've ever seen.
Proper got on my tits, Joseph. The game had bored me almost to death and I just wanted it over, and it felt like both sides were refusing to win just to spite me.

Proper got on my tits, Joseph. The game had bored me almost to death and I just wanted it over, and it felt like both sides were refusing to win just to spite me.
Well, it's fever pitch here, and good for them I say. Would actually prefer Australia to win in the semi. Look at the crowds for this world cup, pretty decent.

I tell you what, I've enjoyed the women's world cup more than more football in the last few years. The trouble I have is that I can almost hear all the fat cat football execs sneering and leering and figuring out how best to monetise the women's game. Give it five years and it'll be broken too with women diving and being just like their male counterparts. It's a gross world at the top of almost every walk of life.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663